• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Looking for a Tablet like PC that I can play Minecraft on. Any Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Noblesquire1776

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Basically I want to have something other than a full on laptop that I can play Minecraft on. My goal is to make it as portable as possible and still have enough power to at least run it on low settings... higher settings would be a bonus. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
"Meekness is not weakness, it is Strength under control"
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."  -Dr. Seuss

Register or log in to remove.

evilmunky010

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Here are the slates on the microsoft store...
http://www.microsoft...goryID.54536100

Is this the type of thing you're looking for?

Anyone can fly. The secret is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gringo_Starr

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm really not sure there's any tablets out there that would run Minecraft acceptably. Netbooks and lower-end laptops struggle due to their lack of decent GPU and weak CPU, so tablets are really not a good idea.

View PostPhoinex567, on 19 March 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hm I Want To Make A Endless age like minecraft But I Want it to be diffrent I'm thinking And I know It's gonna Have Something from like A diffrent game But Kinda Has Like Other Stuff Completely Diffrent I Got To think.

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Give it time. I know there is at least one old tablet that could probably manage it, but I can't remember the model. Might have been a Sony.

Windows 8 will hit and there will be a bunch of tablets and convertible notebooks available. Ivy Bridge, Intel HD4000 graphics. Job done.

HeavyLobster

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

How do you plan to play Minecraft with no keyboard?

Posted Image

Gringo_Starr

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostHeavyLobster, on 30 May 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

A very good point :D

View PostPhoinex567, on 19 March 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hm I Want To Make A Endless age like minecraft But I Want it to be diffrent I'm thinking And I know It's gonna Have Something from like A diffrent game But Kinda Has Like Other Stuff Completely Diffrent I Got To think.

pretzelguy1
  • Minecraft: pretzelguy1
  • Xbox:pretzelguy1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

You mean the full version or the portable version? I highly doubt the full version will run on any tablet out now.
I'm back from my eternal slumber of 2 or 3 months. A long-ass time.
Oh boy, visual basic. I can barely contain my excitement. Not.

not_a_zombie
  • Minecraft: not_a_zombie

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

If you have a very high budget, one thing to check out is an ultrabook.  They have semi-bad graphics, good (but low-clocked) cpus, have decent battery life, and a designed to be portable.

They are quite expensive, and they won't max out minecraft (should be playable on small or normal/fast), but it's one thing to consider.

Oh, and they're pretty much laptops designed with portability in mind.
Why aren't micro ATX cases called μATX?

Noblesquire1776

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

My plan is to use an Xbox 360 controller.  I know it can be done, but I would be playing solo.  I am relatively new to Minecraft also so I am not really even sure what the minimum specs would have to be, but I was thinking there has to be something in a tablet forum running windows that would work.  I could be wrong.
"Meekness is not weakness, it is Strength under control"
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."  -Dr. Seuss

pretzelguy1
  • Minecraft: pretzelguy1
  • Xbox:pretzelguy1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostNoblesquire1776, on 30 May 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

My plan is to use an Xbox 360 controller.  I know it can be done, but I would be playing solo.  I am relatively new to Minecraft also so I am not really even sure what the minimum specs would have to be, but I was thinking there has to be something in a tablet forum running windows that would work.  I could be wrong.
I don't think you could realistically put MC on a tablet. They have the tablets you can put on keyboards, slates or something, but I don't think they have the power to run MC.
I would just get a decent laptop or get the mobile version of Minecraft.
I'm back from my eternal slumber of 2 or 3 months. A long-ass time.
Oh boy, visual basic. I can barely contain my excitement. Not.

SteevyT
    SteevyT

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8206 posts
  • Minecraft: SteevyT

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postpretzelguy1, on 30 May 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

I don't think you could realistically put MC on a tablet. They have the tablets you can put on keyboards, slates or something, but I don't think they have the power to run MC.
I would just get a decent laptop or get the mobile version of Minecraft.

I think the ASUS Slate could run it.  It is about twice as powerful as the laptop I play on right now.  Although, Optifine will be a must.
My list of parts has gotten too long to post, so just go here if you want to see my computer.
http://pcpartpicker....evyT/saved/21PI

buggy85
    buggy85

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Minecraft: muskakisu18

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

maybe a optional keyboard?

HeavyLobster

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Postbuggy85, on 10 June 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

maybe a optional keyboard?
Tablets that come with keyboard docks cost about as much as a mid-end laptop which would run minecraft much better than a tablet.

Posted Image