• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Do both players need xbox live gold to play split-screen?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

I am yor sister!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Me and my brother want to play split-screen on the xbox live version but before we go out look for a hdmi cable i need to know do both accounts need xbox live gold to play split-screen?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

maces006
    maces006

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2090 posts
  • Minecraft: Maces006
  • Xbox:Maces006

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

not neccessarily, you just have to sign the second controller in as an xbox live guest account. But be warned that the guest account will lose all items and will start at the spawn point every time the map is reloaded.
Posted Image

I am yor sister!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

View Postmaces006, on 30 May 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

not neccessarily, you just have to sign the second controller in as an xbox live guest account. But be warned that the guest account will lose all items and will start at the spawn point every time the map is reloaded.
ok thank you :) although it does suck how you loose all your items and spawn again i guess you could just put your items in a chest
p.s. will you spawn by your  bed?

Posted Image

maces006
    maces006

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostI am yor sister!, on 30 May 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

ok thank you Posted Image although it does suck how you loose all your items and spawn again i guess you could just put your items in a chest
p.s. will you spawn by your  bed?
the xbox live guest account will always respawn at the original respawn point
Posted Image

I am yor sister!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

View Postmaces006, on 30 May 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

the xbox live guest account will always respawn at the original respawn point
dang my house is awhile away from there i guess ill start a new save and make it by the originall spawn point it would be annoying to have to travel 500 blocks just to get to the house all well i have only been playing for about an hour well anyways im up way past the time i should be going to bed at so good night :)

Posted Image

Allinthemind

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

I built a rail track between the spawn point and my house. My wife has something against walking, go figure.

matthew712

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

You can both play if one is a gold and one is a silver, but you must uncheck online game. So you wouldn't be able to have other friends on the server while you play.

korruptid239

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

no you dont, have your buddy create a new profile on the xbox instead of signing in as guest, this will allow him to save his items. just uncheck the box for online game so its offline, online it has to be a guest/gold account because others can join.

I am yor sister!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

p.s. im not sure if i have xbox live gold or not but if you dont can you still play split-screen?

Posted Image

maces006
    maces006

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostI am yor sister!, on 30 May 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

p.s. im not sure if i have xbox live gold or not but if you dont can you still play split-screen?
if you playing online with the guest account it will always respawn at the spawn point but in offline mode with a second account it will spawn where it was last positioned
Posted Image

Figroll
    Figroll

Diamond Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostI am yor sister!, on 30 May 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Seriously how can you not be sure?  o_O

Morganxb
    Morganxb

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

How do create a guest account?

forrgott

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

No, you do not need Xbox Live Gold to play split-screen.  You only need Gold for online play.  You cannot create a guest account; you can only sign into a guest account at certain spots (in Minecraft, have the host start an online game, then choose "Guest" before you hit A).  By using a guest account, two people can play online from one console, but as others have pointed out, every time the world is reloaded the guest account is reset.  However, if you are playing offline, you can have each player sign in with any profile on the console, Live or not.

PoeticWhisper

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostMorganxb, on 04 August 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

How do create a guest account?

You don't, when you have a second controller to sign in it'll be there.

Posted Image

deans6571
  • Minecraft: deans6571
  • Xbox:Deans F

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

View Postkorruptid239, on 30 May 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

no you dont, have your buddy create a new profile on the xbox instead of signing in as guest, this will allow him to save his items. just uncheck the box for online game so its offline, online it has to be a guest/gold account because others can join.

......this is definately the way to go!

This is exactly how I play with my kids on Minecraft. I have the only Gold account but I have each of my 2 boys with their own profiles on my console.

I sign into Live on my profile and  start up Minecarft. As long as you then  uncheck the 'Online' option within the Minecraft settings page, I can then get my boys to sign into their profiles and we can play 4 way split screen (obviously the 4th screen is blank!!). They can then build away and save stuff in their chests which stays there until we all play together again!  The world is also saved so they can always pick up from where they left off from the previous time.Posted Image

Klinkguin
  • Xbox:Klinkguin

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

I just want to know if both people have to be gold to play online because I was thinking of playing mc with my friend but idk if that's going to be costly for the both of us to play on our own consoles(When I hopefully get one for xmas) and not split-screen. Thanks.

~Klinkguin
Posted Image

UpUp_Away95

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostKlinkguin, on 13 October 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I just want to know if both people have to be gold to play online because I was thinking of playing mc with my friend but idk if that's going to be costly for the both of us to play on our own consoles(When I hopefully get one for xmas) and not split-screen. Thanks.

~Klinkguin

Each console online has to have at least 1 Gold membership playing to play online.  So, for you and your friend to play on your own consoles, you will require 2 gold memberships.

Vito75
    Vito75

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Stay on topic - no need to gold, just create a brand new silver account (BTW - You can create a number of accounts - just first 3 of them will be gold free for a month) and use it when Your brother joining the game - that way all the items and stuff will be always theirs.