• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Keep Emerald Ore in Game Petition

emerald ore keep do not remove petition

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

Poll: Emerald Ore (698 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Emerald Ore remain in Survival/Hardcore Mode?

1. Yes (642 votes [91.98%])

Percentage of vote: 91.98%

2. No (56 votes [8.02%])

Percentage of vote: 8.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Emerald_Ore

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

Keep Emerald Ore!

~Mission Accomplished! Jeb's keeping Emerald Ore!~

~575 Votes in Poll!~

~346 Signatures in Petition!~

View PostEmerald_Ore, on 30 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well guys, Jeb heard our voices, and it looks like Emerald Ore is staying! I've updated the signature list one last time and we've ended with a whopping 347 signatures, and 575 votes in the poll to keep. I'd like to thank everybody who signed this petition and let Jeb know that we wanted Emerald Ore to stay, and I'd like to thank Jeb for keeping the Emeralds in!

I usually simply lurk in this section of the forums, but when I heard this recent development, I was so shocked and even outraged that I had to make an account just to do this.

This recent snapshot has been one of my favorite. Villager trading, pyramids, desert villages, and the most awesome, a new ore! I was so stoked, that I went mining, and was amazed at how rare it was! It was great to have an ore that was biome specific and difficult to get, it made mountain biomes unique, and a new ore! Something we haven't seen in ages! My only complaint was that they would be useless in survival without structures on. Then, when I realized that Jeb was gonna implement an Emerald block, I was completely happy. Now, at least it had some use in a game without villagers, and a use that was purely aesthetic, and didn't detract it's value as money!

Then I read that Jeb was gonna remove Emerald Ore. What? Because a vocal minority complains about it being to rare, you're just gonna remove it all together?! That doesn't even make sense! This not only REMOVES from the game, but is a lose-lose move for everyone. I understand he want's trading to be the main way to get Emeralds, but what harm was there to have it very rarely found in the mountains? People liked finding it rarely, and having an alternative way to obtain things isn't bad. You can get Cocoa Beans from Dungeons instead of Jungles, but that's not bad, is it?

And regarding the people complaining about it, heck, people still complain about Creepers blowing up, does that mean Jeb is gonna remove Creepers? And Mushroom Biomes are rare, is Jeb gonna remove them because people complain they're too rare? I've approved of all Jebs decisions since he was in charge of Minecraft, but this one I abhor.

Having Emerald Ore in the game only affected those who wanted to mine for a neat rare ore. No one else is affected by it's presence thanks to it's rarity. While there was a bit of confusion about it's intention, there was no effort made to make it clear what the purpose of having an ore for it was, and people assumed incorrectly. But not at all did anyone wish to have the ore removed, they liked it!

Removing Emerald Ore makes it impossible to get Emerald Blocks in maps without structures, makes Mountain Biomes more unappealing, disappoints the people who were looking forward to a new ore, something we've desperately needed for a long time, makes it confusing as to where the Villagers got their Emeralds (It made since how they got it before, they simply mined. But now how, did they conjure emeralds up with their will alone?) and removing them does not add to the game, but instead removes from it. And removing something from a sandbox game that isn't a bug is a bad idea.

So I figured if Jeb will to some complaints, then maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to listen to a well organized petition. So please, sign this petition. odds are he or the rest of the Mojang team will never hear this, but who knows. Maybe some cosmic force will tweet this to Jeb, and he'll have a change of heart. Because I'm not original, I'll do this like the Bring Back Beaches petition, and if you approve and want Jeb to keep Emerald Ore in, just type in /signed in your post. So hey, Jeb, if you are reading this, please reconsider removing this great new addition to Minecraft!

Signatures
Spoiler:

Forum Signatures

And if you wish to, feel free to show your support and spread the news by wearing some signatures made by some great supporters!

This signature is made by _PH4NT0M_, props to him!
Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1254195-keep-emerald-ore-in-game-petition/"][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2lvcq3c.png[/IMG][/url]

This signature is made by GrassyFilth, props to him!

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1254195-"][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t483/Grassyfilth/keeptheemeralds.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

YESYEYSSYEYESSYE
/signed
Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

/signed

Not a one-word post.

GSR
    GSR

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

keep emerald ore... and maybe blocks too.

/signed

GerbilCrab475

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Make this a poll for better results.

/sign

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

Emerald_Ore

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 28 May 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Make this a poll for better results.

/sign

Done!

And glad to see this already has a few signatures! Hopefully this might sway Jeb to keep the ore in the game.

Posted Image

scatterbrained

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

/signed

A rare ore is a good thing.

Magikpeople

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

I want it to stay in the game, but I also want it to be less rare. It's bit ridiculous how it's rarer than diamond right now. I don't care about it being biome specific, in fact I actually like the idea. But I think it should be made about the same rarity as gold.

Phycozz
    Phycozz

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2248 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

/signed'ded

I sign-deded
Posted Image

TheBigBenn
  • Minecraft: TheBigBenn1

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

/signed

If it's common the prices will go up :)
Posted Image

chevyboy432
  • Minecraft: chevyboy432

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

/signed

I have been waiting for a new ore for over a year! THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS GETTING REMOVED!
Posted Image

Starzie
    Starzie

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Emerald ore needs to stay. Rare ore, especially if it's being used for money, is not a bad thing. It's balanced.

/signed Starzie

MizterPink
  • Minecraft: MizterPink

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

/signed
Posted Image

ThisIsNotJared

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

/signed

I fully support keeping Emerald Ore, it's one of my favorite additions to game in a while. Probably the best thing since they added Pistons!

Ur-Quan
    Ur-Quan

Mark of the Beast

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Have to say, while I usually am content to lurk, I would hate to see Emerald ore go. Yes it is rare, but imo iy's a good thing, keeps the thrill of discovering it fresh, just when i find Lapis Lazuli (lots of people say it's useless, but i'ts a wonderful ore to build with in sandstone structures when it's composed as a block)

so /signed to keep the ore ingame, preferably as rare as it is.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.

Hydrogen256
  • Minecraft: Hydrogen256

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I absolutely support this proposal. It would be completely silly to remove this new ore. (I also think that it should be more common.)

/signed

CopyNinja
  • Minecraft: Emilsoren

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Dude, so good somebody is doing this great job !
I have never figured out, they would remove it, and then efter make an Emerald Block??!!!
Weird though....

Anyway I'm with You !

Forever live new ores!

... /Signed 100 times
Posted Image

chez911
    chez911

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1271 posts
  • Location: Currently Jumping Around. As A Slime. Slimes are Cool.
  • Minecraft: ChezzaMaNezza

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

/signed  

This is one of the unique ores that has a decent and unique use, if you're going to remove emerald, you may as well remove lapis Posted Image

DearlyDie
  • Minecraft: DearlyDie

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

A ore being rarer is a ore appreciated more.

/signed

DearlyDie - Rep + 1 If I helped.

Mortagonus

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

YES! Please present this to Jeb!