26 replies to this topic

MrB224
    MrB224

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hi guys, First post ever.

So since i started playing Minecraft back in beta 1.4, I've always had an FPS problem. Very low FPS, or it droping too fast then coming back up only to drop again. Well I think i know how to fix the problem, Get a new texture pack.

So what i'm asking is, Are there any texture packs out there that can improve FPS?

Also I'm not sure if this will play in any factor but i have a few mods running:

Too many items
Elemental creepers
Timber mod

If anyone can help, Thanks

-Mr.B

Register or log in to remove.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

your hardware is responsible for low fps... not texturepacks. update your system.
Posted Image

MrB224
    MrB224

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostGrugsy, on 28 May 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

your hardware is responsible for low fps... not texturepacks. update your system.

Well something else has to help. I'm on a laptop. Cant really upgrade it.

OneWingedPie
  • Minecraft: OneWingedPie

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

indeed, its your hardware.
these simple packs actually don't raise FPS it will be the same speed as a 16x, because there are still the same amount of pixels,
minecraft doesn't take flat colours into account, you could however use a lower resolution pack
(8x, 4x, 2x, even 1x) as there are less pixels for minecraft to load, however anything lower than 16x or higher requires MC patcher

supposedly optifine helps as well
Posted Image

MrB224
    MrB224

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostOneWingedPie, on 28 May 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

indeed, its your hardware.
these simple packs actually don't raise FPS it will be the same speed as a 16x, because there are still the same amount of pixels,
minecraft doesn't take flat colours into account, you could however use a lower resolution pack
(8x, 4x, 2x, even 1x) as there are less pixels for minecraft to load, however anything lower than 16x or higher requires MC patcher

Ah, could you post a link to MC patcher? Also do you know of any texture packs that are lower then 16x?

DutchEEE
  • Minecraft: DutchEEE

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

http://www.minecraft...-and-much-more/

Im just sayin'

OneWingedPie
  • Minecraft: OneWingedPie

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostMrB224, on 28 May 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Ah, could you post a link to MC patcher? Also do you know of any texture packs that are lower then 16x?

ummm... theres... I cant find any but I'm sure typing it in to your browser will help
and heres the link to mc patcher <------ click it
Posted Image

MrB224
    MrB224

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostOneWingedPie, on 28 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

ummm... theres... I cant find any but I'm sure typing it in to your browser will help
and heres the link to mc patcher <------ click it

So i gave Mc patcher a go. Yeahhhh It didn't end well. I luckily  backed up my whole .minecraft.

Kull14
    Kull14

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

4x4 Texture pack
http://www.minecraft...pack-%E2%9C%AF/

1x1
http://www.minecraft...x1-125-novelty/
However it needs a mod. I can also just size down a 1x1 pack for you but it probably wouldn't look that nice.

And I do recommend optifine for faster fps. Look up installation videos for optifine on youtube. :)
Empty Signature is Empty........

remccomber
  • Minecraft: remccomber

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostMrB224, on 28 May 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

So what i'm asking is, Are there any texture packs out there that can improve FPS?

Here, try my 4x4 texturepack: http://www.minecraft...        I&#39;m also laggy, and my pack has added at least 20 frames compared to the default pack.

Also try optifine, but make sure your jar isn't patched by MC Patcher. Optifine automatically patches for texturepacks. Make sure to get the multicore version even if you have a single core processor. Finally, make sure your video card drivers are fully updated.

There! That should improve your performance!
Posted Image

Click the banner, you know you want to...

Tenron
    Tenron

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Minecraft: CandyCrafte

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Be careful when searching for lower than 16x resolution texture packs though, because some makers will just take the default textures and texture it to APPEAR as if it is 4x4 (for example).

GrassyFilth
    GrassyFilth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1178 posts
  • Location: North-East Yorkshire, England... Because I win at life
  • Minecraft: fredg01

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostMrB224, on 28 May 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Ummmmm....search the forums and google. At last count, there were
Posted Image

But seriously: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...8x texture pack

Posted Image

Check it out!↑↑ I'll give you a cookie. Promise.

I smile because I have no idea whats going on.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3668 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

going lower than 16x wont actually help your fps. minecraft will still have to load the same amount of pixels, and it just stretches anything below 16x to read as 16x, so that's your minimum. im not sure if patcher can prevent this or not, but i dont think it can, as its function is the opposite.

anyway, the best thing you can do is get optifine, then change your render distance to short. also, try allocating more memory to java.

Posted Image

Balduran
    Balduran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3194 posts
  • Minecraft: Lol, No

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

View Post13thMurder, on 08 June 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

anyway, the best thing you can do is get optifine, then change your render distance to short. also, try allocating more memory to java.
I'd be careful with the latter. When i do it on either Vista or WinXP Java usually just stops working and the whole computer is acting up.

I'd say Optifine, like many people already did. It won't give you a massive boost, but probably enough to make it playable. Usually you get 10-30 FPS more.
...But that's just my opinion.
My modder's resource and assortment of miscellaneous textures.
Status: Fed up with Minecraft [Consult the above link for details]
My DeviantART, requests welcome.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3668 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostBalduran, on 08 June 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

I'd be careful with the latter. When i do it on either Vista or WinXP Java usually just stops working and the whole computer is acting up.

I'd say Optifine, like many people already did. It won't give you a massive boost, but probably enough to make it playable. Usually you get 10-30 FPS more.

you just have to keep the java memory limited to what your computer can handle, keeping in mind background processes. task manager's performance tab will give you an idea of how much you can use.

Posted Image

zipper zoom

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

going lower than 16x wont actually help your fps. minecraft will still have to load the same amount of pixels, and it just stretches anything below 16x to read as 16x

ummm... no? whenever I use a 8x texturepack (tinypixels) just for fun, my fps visually doubles

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3668 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Postzipper zoom, on 09 June 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

ummm... no? whenever I use a 8x texturepack (tinypixels) just for fun, my fps visually doubles

really? i was basing this off an article id read on the minecraft wiki about some 1x texture pack, and how it was somehow popular but didnt increase performance due to it still being scaled up to 16x16.

ive had a thought though... maybe it only scales up if your minecraft isnt patched, maybe patcher goes both ways.

Posted Image

zipper zoom

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

yea, im pretty sure the patcher, or optifine at least thats what i use - goes both ways =)

Jonamon
    Jonamon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

I need one to

ZeroLinkYoshi
  • Minecraft: ZeroLinkYoshi

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Post13thMurder, on 09 June 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

really? i was basing this off an article id read on the minecraft wiki about some 1x texture pack, and how it was somehow popular but didnt increase performance due to it still being scaled up to 16x16.

ive had a thought though... maybe it only scales up if your minecraft isnt patched, maybe patcher goes both ways.

You are correct. 1x texture packs do decrease FPS because it requires the game to expect multiple pixels, which obviously won't load, therefore theh game keeps refreshing the visuals. 4x or 8x is the best way to go.
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1725186-wip-the-whiteleaf-mod-v010/]Posted Image[/url]