• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Alizona
    Alizona

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

A few times I've been booted from my own single-player world without warning.  A message pops up in minecraft that says something to the effect that "connection to server lost".  All I can do is click the "okay" button and it drops me back to the main menu.

Very rude, very abrupt, very unexpected and very odd.  It's happened a couple of times to me, def more than once.

What causes this and what is it all about?  I always uncheck the "online game" checkbox before loading my saved world... so why would I lose connection to a server?  When we load up a game, are we connecting to Mojang servers anyway or something?

Register or log in to remove.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Even though you uncheck online, you game is still running on a server. 4J has said the way they made the game, they put the client on one processor, the server on another, and everything on the last processor.

So even when you run an offline game, you are stll running a server, just offline.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

Alizona
    Alizona

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostMcAngusYoung, on 28 May 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Even though you uncheck online, you game is still running on a server. 4J has said the way they made the game, they put the client on one processor, the server on another, and everything on the last processor.

So even when you run an offline game, you are stll running a server, just offline.

Thanks McAngus.  Big AC/DC fan?  I painted the band's logo on the wall of my college dorm room decades ago, back in my wilder days.  I just fired up one of my long-time favorite albums, Powerage with the great Bon Scott...  good stuff, never gets old.  :)

So why would I suddenly lose the connection to my own server and get booted out of my own offline game?  The whole thing is kinda weird.  Must be some kinda bug/glitch obv.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostAlizona, on 28 May 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Thanks McAngus.  Big AC/DC fan?  I painted the band's logo on the wall of my college dorm room decades ago, back in my wilder days.  I just fired up one of my long-time favorite albums, Powerage with the great Bon Scott...  good stuff, never gets old.  Posted Image

So why would I suddenly lose the connection to my own server and get booted out of my own offline game?  The whole thing is kinda weird.  Must be some kinda bug/glitch obv.
Yes big AC/DC fan.

But I don't know why you get kicked. I just know that it is still a server even when it's offline and singleplayer. It could be just a hick up in the game or something.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

maces006
    maces006

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2090 posts
  • Minecraft: Maces006
  • Xbox:Maces006

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

this same thing sometimes happens to me when i upload an image to facebook in offline mode.
Posted Image

Alchemilla

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Look, there is a thread pinned at the top of this forum which has the list of known bugs in the game. It's meant to help serve the purpose of not having everybody else create a thread for every single bug and issue they experience.

As written in the bug thread, boldy, right at the top:

Losing connection to Server, even when Offline(SEVERE) [S-04]

Another severe bug related to losing game progress. It appears some players have been met with the Disconnected from Sever alert, even when playing offline. This will cause all progress since you last saved to be lost. Until fixes come, Saving every 30 minutes/Hour is a sensible precaution to take with these Progress-Lost bugs.

4j are aware of the issue. Until a patch you should be remembering to regularly save. right now There is nothing we can do other than that

masterlilj12

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

way to fix when selecting a world if it says all game hit left bumper and when it says party then try to start it up

chookhook445
  • Minecraft: chookhook445

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

i lost connection to my own multyplayer server after i dissconnected why did this happen and what do i do