• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Plus017
    Plus017

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

yeah, post your plans/mob grinders you've created in the XBLA Minecraft. Images would also be great! Posted Image

I found this website great for planning structures, you can use this to show us your grinders/spawners;
http://minedraft.net/

I'll post the mob grinders I've created so far with detailed plans soon.

Water Ladder/Drop tower:

http://bit.ly/LzgPav

Red flower = Top View
Yellow flower = Side View
Ladders = Signs

- Make a 9x9 square around the monster spawner, 3 blocks high for mobs to spawn
- dig 1 block down under the spawner in the 9x9 square
- add water to 2 of the corners
- (Water only travels 8 blocks) therefor dig 1 block under each block that the water stops on, this should    then fill the rest of the room with water, as well as pushing anything in the water to 1 spot.
- the spot the water pushes mobs too; dig 4 blocks in, 2/3 blocks high

- Now to make the water ladder you'll need roughly 13 signs, a couple of buckets + access to a water source

- place the signs and water as shown in the plans. the signs will stop the water from flowing.
- at the top of the tower dig 5 blocks in any direction APART FROM THE DIRECTION THE MONSTER SPAWNER IS.
-On the 4th block dig down 1 block and then across 1 more block making a 2x3 rectangle
-on the 5th block tunnel down 22 blocks, this will ensure the mobs will drop taking enough fall damage to leave them with 1 heart of health (dig down further if you want them to die, making the mob spawner automatic)
- once you hit your desired depth of the tunnel dig a further 5 blocks to the side making a 5x2 space and place a block where shown; this will stop the mobs from being able to follow you into "Safe Zone"
- Wait for the zombies to spawn and fall down the tunnel and either punch them or if the drop is far enough run in and collect the items they drop

Posted Image

I take no credit for this mob spawner, only sharing how to create it. No copyright intended

Register or log in to remove.

SuperCarl

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

heres some pics, i started making pics long after i begun but you can see what i did.

first pic, you can see the 1st and 2nd floor, first floor has the water bringing mobs to ground floor for them to be roasted. 2nd floor is for spawning.

Posted Image

FINALLY reached the point where i can put a roof over this thing, took me sooooo long.

Posted Image

thought i was all done, then remembered i had plenty more to do, landscaping...

Posted Image

and moooooore.

Posted Image

ok, now the stairs.

Posted Image

ground floor, tbh im not to surprised at this, this grinder was causing plenty drops long before i put a roof on or removed the light sources on the two floors above.

Posted Image

Thats my grinder done, i have left it 1 spawn floor high, I wont go any higher till the patch comes out and i start a new map.

Posted Image

TG_Stonez

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

These look awesome, i only have basic Mob Grinders, I plan on making more and i will get the pics up when there complete :)

Plus017
    Plus017

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I'll add my ingame images soon, however I'm only farming zombies at the moment (zombie spawner) but hey, it still works a treat :D

... shame it wasnt a skeleton spawner :(

Ebone
    Ebone

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I accidently made one lol. I made a 3rd level on my house, and didn't light it at first and then tried to go in and it was full of monsters.

SuperCarl

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostEbone, on 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I accidently made one lol. I made a 3rd level on my house, and didn't light it at first and then tried to go in and it was full of monsters.

Now you need to make something that will automatically kill them and collect the drops for you.

Ranman420

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

i made this from kalmier lets play its awesome.....getting about 250 items an hour
its 16 6x6 pads....mobivator brings them up to surface....then i drown them....lol
ill post pictures of mine if wanted
below is tutorial series

------------------------------------------
Xbox 360 GT:  ranman08332

Plus017
    Plus017

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostTG_Stonez, on 27 May 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

These look awesome, i only have basic Mob Grinders, I plan on making more and i will get the pics up when there complete Posted Image

Great! looking forward to seeing your ideas! :)

SupaSaru
    SupaSaru

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I put mine in the screenies section -
http://www.minecraft...9#entry15211569

View PostMrSpaM, on 15 June 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Seriously, wtf does any of that even mean? it sounds like what your saying has been translated into japanese and then back into english again

XanderxDrath

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

i cant find a "monster" spawner, i only find pig spawner :S

SupaSaru
    SupaSaru

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostXanderxDrath, on 29 May 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

i cant find a "monster" spawner, i only find pig spawner :S

All of the monster spawners just show pigs.  It's a known uh "feature" of 1.6.6.  If you wait around, you'll notice it's spawning Skeletons, Zombies or Spiders and not pigs.

You don't necessarily need a spawner to make a mob grinder - mobs spawn naturally in the dark.  That's how mine (and many, many others) work.

View PostMrSpaM, on 15 June 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Seriously, wtf does any of that even mean? it sounds like what your saying has been translated into japanese and then back into english again

BigPapaRazor
  • Minecraft: BigPapaRazor
  • Xbox:BigPapaRazor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

@ SuperCarl.... holy crap lol, I thought my tower spawner took forever to build.  It's just a 21x21x5 in the sky gravity trap... your trap is just a thing of beauty.  I may have to give that a go and see if I can't figure it out.
Posted Image