Effective Mob Spawner/Grindermob spawner grinder
Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:34 AM
I found this website great for planning structures, you can use this to show us your grinders/spawners;
I'll post the mob grinders I've created so far with detailed plans soon.
Water Ladder/Drop tower:
Red flower = Top View
Yellow flower = Side View
Ladders = Signs
- Make a 9x9 square around the monster spawner, 3 blocks high for mobs to spawn
- dig 1 block down under the spawner in the 9x9 square
- add water to 2 of the corners
- (Water only travels 8 blocks) therefor dig 1 block under each block that the water stops on, this should then fill the rest of the room with water, as well as pushing anything in the water to 1 spot.
- the spot the water pushes mobs too; dig 4 blocks in, 2/3 blocks high
- Now to make the water ladder you'll need roughly 13 signs, a couple of buckets + access to a water source
- place the signs and water as shown in the plans. the signs will stop the water from flowing.
- at the top of the tower dig 5 blocks in any direction APART FROM THE DIRECTION THE MONSTER SPAWNER IS.
-On the 4th block dig down 1 block and then across 1 more block making a 2x3 rectangle
-on the 5th block tunnel down 22 blocks, this will ensure the mobs will drop taking enough fall damage to leave them with 1 heart of health (dig down further if you want them to die, making the mob spawner automatic)
- once you hit your desired depth of the tunnel dig a further 5 blocks to the side making a 5x2 space and place a block where shown; this will stop the mobs from being able to follow you into "Safe Zone"
- Wait for the zombies to spawn and fall down the tunnel and either punch them or if the drop is far enough run in and collect the items they drop
I take no credit for this mob spawner, only sharing how to create it. No copyright intended
Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:12 PM
first pic, you can see the 1st and 2nd floor, first floor has the water bringing mobs to ground floor for them to be roasted. 2nd floor is for spawning.
FINALLY reached the point where i can put a roof over this thing, took me sooooo long.
thought i was all done, then remembered i had plenty more to do, landscaping...
ok, now the stairs.
ground floor, tbh im not to surprised at this, this grinder was causing plenty drops long before i put a roof on or removed the light sources on the two floors above.
Thats my grinder done, i have left it 1 spawn floor high, I wont go any higher till the patch comes out and i start a new map.
Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:15 PM
Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:20 PM
... shame it wasnt a skeleton spawner
Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM
Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM
Now you need to make something that will automatically kill them and collect the drops for you.
Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:05 PM
its 16 6x6 pads....mobivator brings them up to surface....then i drown them....lol
ill post pictures of mine if wanted
below is tutorial series
Xbox 360 GT: ranman08332
Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:35 PM
Great! looking forward to seeing your ideas!
Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:53 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:17 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:37 PM
All of the monster spawners just show pigs. It's a known uh "feature" of 1.6.6. If you wait around, you'll notice it's spawning Skeletons, Zombies or Spiders and not pigs.
You don't necessarily need a spawner to make a mob grinder - mobs spawn naturally in the dark. That's how mine (and many, many others) work.
Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:16 PM