Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

End portal does not activate 1.2.5

end portal activate 1.2.5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

lblackburn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Does anyone know if there are is a bug that prevents the end portal from activating after inserting the final ender eye?

Here is what I am doing:

Using MCEdit I copied an end portal frame into a schematic file. None of the end portal frame blocks has an  ender eye inserted yet.

Then I start a new world and using MCEdit, paste the end portal frame schematic into the new world along with a stack of ender eyes in a chest.

Then I relaunch Minecraft and proceed to insert ender eyes into the end portal frame blocks. However, when I insert into 12th ender eye into the last end portal frame block, the portal does not activate.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Does the end portal only activate at a certain height or light level?

I am mystified as to why I am getting this problem.

(Please tell me if I have posted this in the wrong section...)

Register or log in to remove.

ba12348
    ba12348

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Minecraft: ba12348

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

It only works if there is lava underneath it, I had the same issue. Basically the best thing to do is copy the entire end portal room from a stronghold.
If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day,
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.

meow247
    meow247

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

destroy 1 of the portal frame and  place a new one. see if that fix it

Mind helping me get points? Just click the pic :3 Onegai-desu!
Posted Image

lblackburn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

I tried this:

Using MCEdit I imported my portal frame schematic and a chest full of lava buckets.

Then I launched minecraft and added a 3x3 pool of lava underneath the portal frame before i inserted the ender eyes. It didn't work though.

I am going to try inserting portal frame and lava pool together next.

meow247, how do I remove an end portal frame block and reinsert a new one without mods installed? Or are you saying to do so in MCEdit and then relaunch?

lblackburn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

After I copied an an entire stronghold room with the end portal frame it worked. I was able to insert eye of ender into the frame blocks and enter the end!!!

Thanks ba12348!

ba12348
    ba12348

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Minecraft: ba12348

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

The end portal frame block is available in the creative inventory, and make sure the lava is at the right height, I believe there has to be one empty space between the portal itself and the lava.

EDIT: cool.

Double edit: found out the portal frame isn't part of the creative inventory, but if you want to get them without mods, place a chest, then fill it with whatever you wish in mcedit.
If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day,
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.