• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Whats the next update in minecraft pocket edition going to be?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Maser342
    Maser342

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have a concern about the new features. If new hostile mobs are included, like a creeper for example, would creepers spawn in an already created survival world? The reason I ask is at the last update I had a world that didn't spawn pigs post-update. Obviously it will be hard to answer until the update comes out, but any valuable input would be helpful. Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

DinoCircle

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm just excited that the game is still going to be updated. Has anyone played Minebuilder? It has so many things in it (crafting, chests, mobs, etc.) but it's still a piece of crap compared to MCPE. Furnaces are for sure, everything else is still unknown.
Miner Extraordinaire!

fetch3000rules
  • Minecraft: fetch3000rules

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Furnaces are confirmed

Creepers, Spiders, Skeletons are almost definetly

Chests have a very good chance of being included

New Blocks

New types of tools (diamond, Iron and gold) are almost confirmed

The update is almost done and they just have to finish up coding it
It will be out (hopefully) before June 22
POCKET EDITION RULES

Maser342
    Maser342

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

If it takes a little longer to do it right, by all means Mojang, take your time. Still, I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd like it as soon as possible.

MagicCheezeBunnz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

With Minecraft PE you wait patiently for the update but after a month or so you start getting paranoid checking the update list every hour! Waiting, waiting, waiting........! You should see the IOS AppStore comments for MPE. People are like wild dogs ready to kill for the update!?!

NeonKitty98

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

I've seen these topics a billion times, so I'll give it the same response as the others. Until Kapplan says when, we have no idea when the new update is coming out or what it will contain besides furnaces. PATIENCE PEOPLE. Seriously, I bet most of you spend your days checking on the App Store/Market every five minutes for an update. Just check Kaplan's twitter when you want info about the next Minecraft PE update. If you want to play full Minecraft so bad, then buy the PC version.
Posted Image

DinoCircle

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostNeonKitty98, on 11 June 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

I've seen these topics a billion times, so I'll give it the same response as the others. Until Kapplan says when, we have no idea when the new update is coming out or what it will contain besides furnaces. PATIENCE PEOPLE. Seriously, I bet most of you spend your days checking on the App Store/Market every five minutes for an update. Just check Kaplan's twitter when you want info about the next Minecraft PE update. If you want to play full Minecraft so bad, then buy the PC version.

I find myself checking Kapplan's twitter every 5 minutes lol
Miner Extraordinaire!

Socfuz
    Socfuz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Minecraft: Socfuz
  • Xbox:Socfuz

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

You fools there will be no update they tricked you! MWAUHAHAHAWHA!!!
But seriously I think they are adding furnaces and
iron plus some other smeltable things in the next update.
Which may be tomorrow.
"I'll cry till' the tears turn to blood then cry till' it's all drained out of me."
Posted Image

eugeen
    eugeen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Minecraft: eugeen

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

NEXT UPDATE:
BABY ENDERDRAGON SPAWNER
AIRPLANES
SUPER TNT
WEED
ENDERCHEST
TRIPWIRES
HUGE CREEPERS

Source: this reply.
Im just saying stop with these topics!
~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜  ~͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜

GHETOPIGS

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

They do need to put weed in there that would awesome!!!! XD See cows flying around lol!!! But the only thing I care about in the next update is the furnace and chests!!!

xtremetroller
  • Minecraft: xtremetroller14
  • Xbox:who cares? -.-

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Ok heres the list:

- Furnaces 95%
- Creepers 85%
- New tools 80%
- Online multiplayer 0.5 %
- New/ better controls 5 %
- Caves 3 %
- Bigger worlds (only few chunks) 90%

Send me a pm to get more informations :)

PeppermintPillow
  • Minecraft: PeppermintPillow

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostLolBellum, on 24 May 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Her'es a list of confirmed things:
Furnaces
Creepers
Infinite Worlds
Enderman
Caves
Sky
Yo Mama

WOW, lots of cool things! ;) Did you see what I did there?
@Neil__MacDonald on Twitter! :)
Youtube channel to come soon! :D
Join my website, click button under profile picture! ;)
/)x(\ Bro Hoof!

LutherFallangel
  • Minecraft: LutherFallangel

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostMixmaster1190, on 24 May 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

It's probably going to be an update. And "Yo Mama" was never confirmed.

Mmmmm I'm actually pretty sure that it WAS confirmed... Trololol

And on another note, I'm really excited that they may or may not be introducing an actual sky and did anyone mention clouds? Because it looks terrible without those right now. Also excited for them there unlimited worlds, although I'm unsure how well that will work out. When are...

And on one more note, has any word spilled on when exactly villages, jungles, the re-addition of spruce wood, and... beds is supposed to be included???
Posted Image

Sketchywolf720
  • Minecraft: anikan23

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

I think the next update should be iron,gold,lapiz,and....DIAMOND!Also,to me the only flaw with the pocket edition was having infinite bricks and glass on survival.Also,the controls were'nt the best.

Posted Image God bless creepers!

grim619
    grim619

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostMaser342, on 09 June 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I have a concern about the new features. If new hostile mobs are included, like a creeper for example, would creepers spawn in an already created survival world? The reason I ask is at the last update I had a world that didn't spawn pigs post-update. Obviously it will be hard to answer until the update comes out, but any valuable input would be helpful. Thanks!

Well at a glane i didnt see any responses to this question so ill say it!
When the update comes all you have to do is make a new world and either copy the chunks.dat to the new world or take the entites.dat and overwrite the one in your old world.  Only thing that sucks about it is if you had a bunch of animals rounded up, they will no longer be wherever you had them, so youll have to hunt them down again.  I hope they add wheat in this update.  I hate trying to move animals.  Its like they know what youre trying to do minutes before you even chase after them, and theyre all like "screw you bud, i aint goin over there.". Stupid animals...
in the navy, so im out to sea alot. [email protected]
http://www.youtube.c...beast619/videos

LutherFallangel
  • Minecraft: LutherFallangel

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostSketchywolf720, on 14 June 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

I think the next update should be iron,gold,lapiz,and....DIAMOND!Also,to me the only flaw with the pocket edition was having infinite bricks and glass on survival.Also,the controls were'nt the best.

Posted Image God bless creepers!

It was mentioned in one of BebopVox's "Minecraft Modays Show" after the last Pocket Edition update that their next goal was to improve upon the touch-control system and what not. Then appearently sometime recently furnaces and smelting was brought up, so that will probably make an appearance as well. What I really hope is that the survival inventory system is improved, all ores (including Emerald, just to get a start on village stuff), all tools, all armors, and all decorative valuable blocks (diamond, gold, lapis lazuli, iron blocks). Beds are another thing I'd wish for, along with villages being included in the terrain generation, but I'm betting that's a bit too much to ask for...
Posted Image

Maser342
    Maser342

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

View Postgrim619, on 14 June 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Well at a glane i didnt see any responses to this question so ill say it!
When the update comes all you have to do is make a new world and either copy the chunks.dat to the new world or take the entites.dat and overwrite the one in your old world.  Only thing that sucks about it is if you had a bunch of animals rounded up, they will no longer be wherever you had them, so youll have to hunt them down again.  I hope they add wheat in this update.  I hate trying to move animals.  Its like they know what youre trying to do minutes before you even chase after them, and theyre all like "screw you bud, i aint goin over there.". Stupid animals...

Appreciate the help!

Abcdude
    Abcdude

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Minecraft: AwesomeAbcdude

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

For how long it's taken (2 months almost) We better at least get

-New mobs
-Sky (Fog is annoying, can't even see the sun!)
-Furnaces
-Ingots and more tools
-armor
-Hopefully some chests, I hate losing my stuff when disconnecting on a multiplayer server...
-Better local multiplayer (Name tags, and if we ARE lucky, maybe even skins uploaded from your camera roll)

I also hope we can get a brand new control opstion, joystick would be sweet.
Posted Image
Think my post is helpfull, hillarious or just plain likeable? Freaking hit the green UP arrow down there, or else.

zzandreezz
  • Minecraft: andreehoan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Posteugeen, on 11 June 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

NEXT UPDATE:
BABY ENDERDRAGON SPAWNER
AIRPLANES
SUPER TNT
WEED
ENDERCHEST
TRIPWIRES
HUGE CREEPERS

Source: this reply.
Im just saying stop with these topics!
it would be nice if we can smoke weed in minecraft lol
Posted Image

TheZeldaLova
  • Minecraft: TheZeldaLova

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Actually, online multiplayer may be added soon. Just look at the bottom of this page:http://www.minecraft.net/pocket
It says, Multiplayer powered by RakNet.