• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[HELP] How to make random mobs for texture pack?

random mobs texture pack fuzzycraft

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TheCreepist99

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Something struck my mind whilst colouring a workbench. How do you even make random mobs? Do you just include multiple files of the mob, differently textured, in the folder? Or is it something else?
Why am I here when I could be a productive member of society?

Register or log in to remove.

Urdothor
    Urdothor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1756 posts
  • Location: When the HFS freezes over(Dwarf Fortress reference)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Okay, so you make multiple textures of each mob and put them in the file... villlagers go into the villager file, just so yah know.

Now let's do an example. 3 zombies would be, zombie.png, zombie2.png zombie3.png. Why did I not put one, because it won't work if you do.
Sorry I've been gone. We lost internet. But I should be back about once or twice a week now, so expect to see me around.

TheCreepist99

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postcomputersrule, on 23 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Okay, so you make multiple textures of each mob and put them in the file... villlagers go into the villager file, just so yah know.

Now let's do an example. 3 zombies would be, zombie.png, zombie2.png zombie3.png. Why did I not put one, because it won't work if you do.
Thanks. Time to go texture some mobs, I guess.
Why am I here when I could be a productive member of society?

Crimson_Artist

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

to my knowledge in vanilla you can't give multiple textures to a single mob. only mods allow this

Crimsollite
  • Minecraft: Crimsollite

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostCrimson_Artist, on 24 May 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

to my knowledge in vanilla you can't give multiple textures to a single mob. only mods allow this
Which is why we use MCPatcher, which technically isn't a mod.

DiscoMcDisco
  • Minecraft: DiscoMcDisco

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Just wondering, but if I already use optifine, can I just add new textures to the mob folders in the jar... Or do they not exist without random mobs installed?

I just want to make a biome style mod list.. I know they'll be chosen at random, but I like the idea of a desert creeper.. Maybe just different shades of standard. Am gona base this on Vanilla HD, so may release the pack to match.

seanbreen97
    seanbreen97

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Minecraft: SeanBreen97

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

You need the mcpatcher feature (or optifine) for random mob skins to work. And no, it's not able, at least at the moment, for skins to be biome-dependent. If a mob crosses a biome line then it would change, and that would look peculiar.

epiclinkfan101
  • Minecraft: epiclinkfan101

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why do so few read the texture artists' section of the hd patcher thread?
There's yet more to come!

DiscoMcDisco
  • Minecraft: DiscoMcDisco

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

elf: I've never used HD patcher, only optifine. I don't have much need for more mods so wouldn't really have the excuse to have read the threads that probably exist. Luckily it was a simple question, feel free to just link me next time and I'll delete any erroneous comments.

Seanbreen97: that's what I was wondering about really. I'll have a play (now I know it's more possible) and see what I can come up with. Perhaps subtle variations in hew and saturation might actually be enough to give the variety I'm looking for. Cheers for clearing it up for me :)

pickaxe727minecarfter

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have an in depth tutorial on this http://www.minecraft...al-random-mobs/
*If you want me to see your post please quote me*

SvenSmith

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostDiscoMcDisco, on 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

Just wondering, but if I already use optifine, can I just add new textures to the mob folders in the jar... Or do they not exist without random mobs installed?

I just want to make a biome style mod list.. I know they'll be chosen at random, but I like the idea of a desert creeper.. Maybe just different shades of standard. Am gona base this on Vanilla HD, so may release the pack to match.

ahh dude! i've been looking for a pack like this!  one which is basically vanilla but has extra random coloured mobs which look like they belong to the vanilla tex pack! :D  please send it to me if you finish and update it to 1.4.4

SnowyLOLz

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostUrdothor, on 23 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I would Like to say that erm I tried retexturing the wolves like the wolf.png wolf2.png stuff, then I tried adding the wolf tamed files like "Wolf_tame.png, wolf_tame2.png" and also "wolfangry.png, ect" and "wolfcollar" so i added those and it only spawn 1 wolf even when I had random mobs on optifine. anyone can help me?

GreensMC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Its not working... i made a resource pack and named it creeper.png, creeper2.png, and creeper3.png and i kept getting creeper.png
Posted Image
Left-Handed Mod 1.3 now released!

samohtj
    samohtj

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2267 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostGreensMC, on 02 August 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Its not working... i made a resource pack and named it creeper.png, creeper2.png, and creeper3.png and i kept getting creeper.png

Did you put everything from creeper2 up in the /assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/mob folder? Or did you just put them in with the vanilla mobs?

All MCPatcher related textures have been moved to their own directory, so you'll need to start putting your MCPatcher textures in the new folder.

Somebody's gotta get these BEES out of my TEETH! D:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guide to CTMMini's Texture Pack TutorialsHave pink and black textures? Click here!

GreensMC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postsamohtj, on 02 August 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Did you put everything from creeper2 up in the /assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/mob folder? Or did you just put them in with the vanilla mobs?

All MCPatcher related textures have been moved to their own directory, so you'll need to start putting your MCPatcher textures in the new folder.
that doesnt work either
Posted Image
Left-Handed Mod 1.3 now released!

TabithaDragonblade

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postsamohtj, on 02 August 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

yeaah, i don't have one Posted Image
i've used mcpatcher tried for 1.6.2 ill get bk to u if it doesn't work when i transmute it to 1.6.4