Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[V1.3] Optimine (FPS Boost) [OPTIMIZATION] *UPDATED*


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1619 replies to this topic

#1

Scaevolus

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Mod edit: direct your attention to http://www.minecraft...mine-fps-boost/ for updated version

Old post:
[size=1]
This mod improves FPS, especially for slower computers. Gains of 20FPS and more are common.

Download:
<!-- m -->http://mod.ifies.com....3_01v2.zip<!-- m -->

Modloader v5 compatible: <!-- m -->http://mod.ifies.com...10311_optimine- ... 2-mlv5.zip<!-- m --> (install *after* you install ModLoader)

1.2_02 version: http://mod.ifies.com...ne_1.2_02v3.zip

Instructions:
1) Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, it's in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin
2) Create a backup of minecraft.jar
3) Open minecraft.jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc)
4) Delete the META-INF folder.
5) Copy the files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing previous files.
6) Run Minecraft and test!

Components:
FastRender: more efficient chunk queue processing.
UniText: a completely rewritten text renderer. It's faster and supports Unicode, although the Unicode font files are not included with this release.
Fewer glClears: erasing the entire screen is expensive. This mod avoids it when possible.
Better chunk drawing code: Removing a few useless transforms from the chunk rendering code lets all visible chunks be drawn in a straightforward manner.
Better Tesselation: Modified for speed. TNT explosions no longer cause clients to have horrible lag, and everything in general should feel faster.
Error handling: Don't go to a black screen when there's an OpenGL error. Print a decent error message to the command line instead.

If you find this helpful, you may want to try my other mod, McRegion, for reducing chunk load/save lag.

[url=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=4856NMBAGWP3Q&lc=US&item_name=Minecraft%20Optimizations¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted]Posted Image
[size=1]
Optimine | McRegion (in 1.3)

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Justin8
    Justin8

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Location: Virginia, USA
  • Minecraft: Justin78

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Are there any incompatibilities with mods such as BetterLight or WildGrass?
I'm a decent Java programmer learning Python, and I'm skilled with server administration, WorldEdit, redstone circuitry, etc. Feel free to show me mod ideas, I'm thinking about starting to make mods, and I'd be happy to give insight  as to how a mod could be implemented in Minecraft.

#3

CyborgDragon
  • Minecraft: cyborgdragon

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Justin8 said:

Are there any incompatibilities with mods such as BetterLight or WildGrass?
There is an incompatibility with BetterLight, but this is easily fixed by patching with BetterLight after installing this mod.

#4

Yorda
    Yorda

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Why does higher clouds have to use the f.class? Your mods are the best mods.

Posted Image


#5

lolo500
    lolo500

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2554 posts
  • Location: At Aramis!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

what does this mod does? and whats better? optimine or mcregion?

or both work great?
Posted Image

#6

Scaevolus

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Optimine and McRegion do different things, so you can use them together.
Optimine | McRegion (in 1.3)

#7

Bagelkit

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

lolo500 said:

what does this mod does? and whats better? optimine or mcregion?

or both work great?

From what I understand so far. Mcregion deals with how minecraft saves chunks, and Optimine deals with how it processes those chunks.

Also, I have yet to try the betterlight fix someone posted above, but I thought the bug gave a rather neat effect.
Posted Image

worldofhabbo said:

a neko is a human with cat tail and cat ears:) search on google:)

#8

CyborgDragon
  • Minecraft: cyborgdragon

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Bagelkit said:

lolo500 said:

what does this mod does? and whats better? optimine or mcregion?

or both work great?

From what I understand so far. Mcregion deals with how minecraft saves chunks, and Optimine deals with how it processes those chunks.

Also, I have yet to try the betterlight fix someone posted above, but I thought the bug gave a rather neat effect.
Posted Image
Yeah, I personally like the bug myself. It fits with the game better.

#9

Shukun
    Shukun

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

CyborgDragon said:

There is an incompatibility with BetterLight, but this is easily fixed by patching with BetterLight after installing this mod.
Patching BetterLight last still gives me triangles.

#10

CyborgDragon
  • Minecraft: cyborgdragon

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Shukun said:

CyborgDragon said:

There is an incompatibility with BetterLight, but this is easily fixed by patching with BetterLight after installing this mod.
Patching BetterLight last still gives me triangles.
Odd...I patched it last and I didnt get triangles. Did you use a fresh, unmodded jar?

#11

Shukun
    Shukun

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

CyborgDragon said:

Shukun said:

CyborgDragon said:

There is an incompatibility with BetterLight, but this is easily fixed by patching with BetterLight after installing this mod.
Patching BetterLight last still gives me triangles.
Odd...I patched it last and I didnt get triangles. Did you use a fresh, unmodded jar?
Yeah, I even tried both MrM's 1.7 and 1.8beta patchers.

#12

lolo500
    lolo500

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2554 posts
  • Location: At Aramis!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

ah ok, just to be sure

mcregion does not improves FPS's?

or it improves them but just a little bit?
Posted Image

#13

Scaevolus

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

lolo500 said:

ah ok, just to be sure

mcregion does not improves FPS's?

or it improves them but just a little bit?
They both improve FPS, but they do it in different ways.
Optimine | McRegion (in 1.3)

#14

SpinBuilder
  • Location: In your mind.
  • Minecraft: SpinBuilder

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

Could you make this compatible with the snowmod? viewtopic.php?f=25&t=131320
Posted Image
Member of the official ctm pillar club

#15

JackFrozt

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:11 AM

Scaevolus said:

lolo500 said:

ah ok, just to be sure

mcregion does not improves FPS's?

or it improves them but just a little bit?
They both improve FPS, but they do it in different ways.
hello this looks good but i have the betterlight mod so this is incompatible with that mod? anyway to fix it? thx for answer me and sorry for bad english  :Notch:
if i Comment here i like this post, if i say this is awesome/amazing/great/incredible this post its extreme and Pro :P

#16

Justin8
    Justin8

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Location: Virginia, USA
  • Minecraft: Justin78

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

lolo500 said:

ah ok, just to be sure

mcregion does not improves FPS's?

or it improves them but just a little bit?

This makes rendering easier, MCRegion makes Save/Load quicker. Save/Load occurs often in Minecraft, for it saves the data constantly, and whenever you move, it has to load more data.

(That's correct, right?)
I'm a decent Java programmer learning Python, and I'm skilled with server administration, WorldEdit, redstone circuitry, etc. Feel free to show me mod ideas, I'm thinking about starting to make mods, and I'd be happy to give insight  as to how a mod could be implemented in Minecraft.

#17

Yorda
    Yorda

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

JackFrozt said:

hello this looks good but i have the betterlight mod so this is incompatible with that mod? anyway to fix it? thx for answer me and sorry for bad english  :Pig:

CyborgDragon said:

There is an incompatibility with BetterLight, but this is easily fixed by patching with BetterLight after installing this mod.

Install this mod first and then others afterwards. If any mods change any of this mod's class files (f.class is commonly used for instance) you will get a blackscreen so pay attention what files your other mods modify.

edit: VVV Betterlight destroys fps. To a lesser degree so does the popular Wildgrass. VVV

Posted Image


#18

Crory
    Crory

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 529 posts
  • Location: Huntington Beach
  • Minecraft: Perine

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Is it weird that fastrender works a lot better for me than this? And I mean like tons better. I was getting like 30 FPS on far with fastrender, and I'm getting 11 now. Do you think it might just be me trying to combine the betterlight mod (which isn't working, by the way, I don't know how to get rid of those dang triangles!)

#19

Scaevolus

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

Crory said:

Is it weird that fastrender works a lot better for me than this? And I mean like tons better. I was getting like 30 FPS on far with fastrender, and I'm getting 11 now. Do you think it might just be me trying to combine the betterlight mod (which isn't working, by the way, I don't know how to get rid of those dang triangles!)
Were you getting 30FPS with betterlight as well?
Optimine | McRegion (in 1.3)

#20

lolo500
    lolo500

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2554 posts
  • Location: At Aramis!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

Scaevolus said:

lolo500 said:

ah ok, just to be sure

mcregion does not improves FPS's?

or it improves them but just a little bit?
They both improve FPS, but they do it in different ways.

ok, thanks bro, ur mods rock, i hope u update them so we can improve even more FPS

but just one thing, how do i use the MCregion old chunk convertor?
Posted Image