• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How high does a fall need to be for mobs to die?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nekoh
    Nekoh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

Question is the topic as I'm trying to make a drop trap without it being in the sky so how deep does it need to be?

Register or log in to remove.

Shreeyam

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

23 blocks but most mobs are smart enough to not fall into giant gaping holes in the ground. They'll also jump over 1x1 holes.
Posted Image

WTFClock
    WTFClock

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

But what if you make a hole 3 blocks deep 20 blocks wide, line it with fences, And drown things in it.
AVATAR BY WOOWOO678                                                                                                  

bluevein
    bluevein

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

Yeah 23 blocks. But as said above mobs will not willingly walk off such an edge. You can use water to push them off tho.
:Blue: :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:
:Diamond:  :DBlock:  :P  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV: Drop of death here
Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers.

Xeros612
  • Minecraft: Xeros612

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

bluevein said:

But as said above mobs will not willingly walk off such an edge.
They will if they see a miner on the other side of the hole and have no other way to get to the other side. Hostile mobs, at least. Passive ones will just occasionally jump off a cliff.
I adblock all pony pictures. Problem?

triggerfin
    triggerfin

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Minecraft: Tfin

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Xeros612 said:

bluevein said:

But as said above mobs will not willingly walk off such an edge.
They will if they see a miner on the other side of the hole and have no other way to get to the other side. Hostile mobs, at least. Passive ones will just occasionally jump off a cliff.

Often the hostiles won't make that leap. In fact, I had a spider that wouldn't drop into a 2-deep hole when I was on the other side and up 1. But then, I've also had one repeatedly climb a hill away from me then jump back down trying to reach me.
Fan Metric: Franc Time!

jinxed_07

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

If the just happen to be jumping around, they can in fact fall off, just as any other mob will do. Also, b/c mobs have the same amount of health as you, judge how far it takes for you to die and compare it to any situation.
While chasing, mobs sometimes will jump off, but sometimes they just stop. I've noticed this a lot with creepers and skeles.
Posted Image