• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

GODWINa
    GODWINa

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Is there any news on whether mods will be available in any shape or form for the Xbox version? I know Microsoft frowns on modding, but for Left for Dead the good mods for PC were made DLC for the Xbox version. Will anything like this happen? Should we have to pay for them if they're free for PC?

Register or log in to remove.

Sean39x
    Sean39x

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think they will add the good ones via DLC and I would think for free.

I could be wrong but until it is announced I think it will be free (if they were to do this)

They alread did say they are trying to get skins through via DLC.

Figroll
    Figroll

Diamond Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Possible but highly unlikely, for sure.

GODWINa
    GODWINa

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

View PostSean39x, on 22 May 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I think they will add the good ones via DLC and I would think for free.

I could be wrong but until it is announced I think it will be free (if they were to do this)

They alread did say they are trying to get skins through via DLC.

Yeah, I saw that and I'm excited for that.

lukaz3939

don't get down if people start blabbing on about how Microsoft wont allow mods!
they will most probably come in DLC's ass add ons to the game like map packs to COD and such so microsft cant bitch about it really can they :D

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

If Microsoft can make money off of them, that is the only reason they will see the light of day.

If 4J wants them to be free, I think Microsoft will just laugh at them.

There is just so much that would have to go into the mods that it isn't going to happen any time soon. They need to be made from the ground up by 4J, checked for bugs and glitches, then Microsoft would have to approve them.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

TenacoiusChicken

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

If they do add mods (BTW i dont think they will), they will most probably be paid for, like McAngusYoung said.

There arn't many money-worthy mods, but if they did sell something like the Aether for 80 MC points, i would consider it since its less than A pound and the Aether is a brilliant mod which I never really got to play because of how much it lagged my computer.
I am a chicken, hear me roar!!!!!

SupaSaru
    SupaSaru

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostMcAngusYoung, on 22 May 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

If Microsoft can make money off of them, that is the only reason they will see the light of day.

You should check into how Super Meat Boy continued to add levels and updates outside of the market chain.  MicroSoft doesn't stand over developers with a whip demanding cash. :P

A more realistic restriction would be that mods (not texture packs, but slopes, etc) in MineCraft generally require code to execute.  Each mod would require an approval process if it required executable code to be injected into the game.  If MineCraft mods were instead based on something like LUA it might be possible to add them without the approval restriction - but they're not and it probably isn't something 4J is actively adding.

View PostMrSpaM, on 15 June 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Seriously, wtf does any of that even mean? it sounds like what your saying has been translated into japanese and then back into english again

123TelecasterKid123

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

They will maybe release some of the more popular mods as DLC, but I wouldn't count on them being free - this is Microsoft after all.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostSupaSaru, on 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

You should check into how Super Meat Boy continued to add levels and updates outside of the market chain.  MicroSoft doesn't stand over developers with a whip demanding cash. Posted Image
You're right, they don't stand over developers with a whip demanding cash. They do it to us, the consumers. There are many great examples of this. Fable 3 is probably one of the best examples.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

GODWINa
    GODWINa

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

My friend just brought up the option of making mods in updates, too. We wouldn't have much of a choice to get them or not but they'd be free.

Gman44a
    Gman44a

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

I want buildcraft and better than wolves, those two are pretty popular so if popular ones are added then those 2 would be there hopefully.
Posted Image

Vinchenzo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostMcAngusYoung, on 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

You're right, they don't stand over developers with a whip demanding cash. They do it to us, the consumers. There are many great examples of this. Fable 3 is probably one of the best examples.

Great Example! :Diamond:  Yeah lots of mods won't be available to us because of Microsoft's tight reign on things, but i'm sure 4J will add basic mods and popular mods to help the game, like the mod that enables you TO LOCK YOUR CHEST FROM OTHERS GETTING INTO IT  (LWZ?)I don't worry about that too much because i save my game when someone enters :P
Posted Image

thunderfist14

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

lwc, and GODWin, i do like the idea of them putting mods in the updates
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.Posted Image

Mcflopidisss

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

The mod that can lock chests, better than wolves, buildcraft, and equivalent exchange I would pay for (if they weren't that expensive)

Sharpace1216

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

Probably already said b4 but for 1 what you guys use as mods on pc would not be called mods on xbox 360 for reasons such as A: Microsoft Xbox does not like the word mod because in there definition it refers to a person taking apart there console in wich case is of course an operation of abuse.

Now for what I think should happen for DLC content is:
we should vote on the best pc mods of mine craft that should be implemented as add-ons for 360 and available in packs for free downloads I only want them free because 1600 microsoft points is not worth the current version.
it is in mine and some other peoples opinion a rip-off of our money.

ZombieFreak07
    ZombieFreak07

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: kc8mat

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's best just to wait and see. You never know what will happen.

Apathy
    Apathy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostMustache_Guy, on 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Overall your right  another game like this would be PSU (Phantasy star universe)
That game charges 9.99 every 30 days yet they close the server down due to the consumers not paying

minecraftmodder82865

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostSharpace1216, on 24 May 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Probably already said b4 but for 1 what you guys use as mods on pc would not be called mods on xbox 360 for reasons such as A: Microsoft Xbox does not like the word mod because in there definition it refers to a person taking apart there console in wich case is of course an operation of abuse.

Now for what I think should happen for DLC content is:
we should vote on the best pc mods of mine craft that should be implemented as add-ons for 360 and available in packs for free downloads I only want them free because 1600 microsoft points is not worth the current version.
it is in mine and some other peoples opinion a rip-off of our money.
God we only mean on a USB or somethi.g like that who is goi.g to.take apart there console to get a mod

BeastlyGFX

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

People have asked 4J about mods and they said there looking into it but not sure if its going to happen viva Twitter
Posted Image