• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Best MineCraft Server Provider

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

azoundria

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Okay, so I've checked out a few services and I'm not sure.

I plan to run a server with simple mods, one for chest locking, one for a whitelist, one to control who has access to warp, and one to disable TNT/fire within a certain radius of the spawn (or entirely). Once the server is set up, I should not need much help, but for the first few days to get it set up, I will need a bit of help.

I expect to be able to generate a lot of players, and later on some will wish to purchase the ability to warp between towns (faster than the rail transit system we will build on the server), and lock more than 3 chests. My idea will maintain the feel of a small server just starting off, by continually moving the spawn point outward, while maintaining the benefits of large towns on a well-used server, without the discouraging loss of buildings and progress.

I've set up a website you can see (heavily under construction) at NewSpawn.net. I plan to place a large SEO-optimized 728x60 vertical banner of whatever provider we choose at the bottom of that website, where all our players must register to be whitelisted, and will use continually for planning/coordinating building projects and dicussion. I will also place a personal recommendation for the provider on these forums in 3 months time, and I will get our skilled masons to create a large statue in the game bearing your logo.

My budget right now is about $10/mo, with limited flexibility. As the server grows I expect to be able to afford more. This is a long-term project of mine. I would like to be able to handle about 20 players at the beginning. It's important there be no lag to give a good first impression.

I'm hoping there will be a provider willing to forego profits for the first few months, and provide a decent server to my up and coming project, in exchange for a long-term customer and many, many referrals/recommendations. It is very important to me that I am able to honestly recommend this individual/company to others in the future.

For an estimated timeframe, I am looking to launch this server Thursday January 27th at midnight. So hopefully you guys can help me find a decent provider here, or if you also want to help me establish this server, let me know as well and I'll consider your offers, though please use PM for that. If you are a decent provider who can help me, then I look forward to working with you.
If anyone is planning to buy Minecraft for PC, talk to me first. I have some giftcodes that I'm not using and you can save money.

Register or log in to remove.

dewaffler

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

For $10 a month you won't be finding 20 slots with no lag.  Cheapest I've seen would be 1GB of RAM for how ever many players you want/can handle, that is with my current provider.  BUT - This 1GB plan lagged horribly with more then 15 players.  If you want no lag your going to want to check out MinecraftGSP or Allgamer.net  They are said to be very good server providers and don't have any lag.
Steam ID(s)
phaseout
doom3pwns817  (AKA TF-Phaseout)
My server's YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleSMP
Need help with your server?  Feel free to PM me!

IDrinkYourMilkshake

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

http://go-networks.net/

I have been using this server provider for about a week now. They offer Minecraft servers by Ram usage. You can get 512 and up.

They have a special new years deal going now too.

azoundria

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

For $10 a month you won't be finding 20 slots with no lag.
I'm hoping a company will consider providing a server as a sponsorship deal, and in return I can help them get many more customers in the future. Even if I only attracted a few customers, I'm sure this would more than cover the costs they may accrue giving me a temporary discount.

The other option is if someone else wants to help found this server with me, then that would be much appreciated as well. We could both run the server together, and work to attract twice as many players.

I hope to be up within 3 months and able to fully pay the costs of the server. After that, I can compensate for the exact costs of the server, and continue marketing this provider, or come on as a full customer. My plan is to fund the server out of a $10/yr premium membership fee, so I only need for example one new premium member per week, and I can afford a $50/mo server (including my $10). I also plan to employ AdSense on the website, which should bring in 50 cents/day when effecitvely placed. That's $25/mo I could afford.

The difficulty is that I need to have the server in the first place in order to earn through either revenue stream. So yes I do need a sponsorship. I'm not looking for a standard discount like WalMart, but working with the provider to help market their business, and eventually becoming a full customer. I will be making a business plan available soon on the website, and am open for any suggestions in this.

have been using this server provider for about a week now. They offer Minecraft servers by Ram usage. You can get 512 and up.
Can you give me your server address so I can test it out? Or if they have a test server too I would like to try it out.
If anyone is planning to buy Minecraft for PC, talk to me first. I have some giftcodes that I'm not using and you can save money.

dewaffler

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

123Systems, place in my signature, has an affiliate program.   You get 30% of whatever your affilates pay.  I have like over $60 in money JUST from affiliates.  Only catch is you need at least 90 days of being a client and $25 in your affiliate account
Steam ID(s)
phaseout

azoundria

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

The affiliate program sounds great, except that without a server, there's nothing to attract anyone to my website to see your banner, nor a place we can build a giant statue bearing your logo. Nor would a review I posted on the forum have any bearing as I've not tried your services yet.

dewaffler

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

Not my services, I'm just an affiliate.

Anyways, I get what your looking for.  I am saying you just buy a server or domain, then put the affiliate link in your signature on these forums to get more affiliates.
Steam ID(s)
phaseout

Clinton
    Clinton

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1753 posts
  • Minecraft: Clinton44

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

I'm going to try and be helpful here. The problem with sponsorships is most experienced GSP's and service providers don't try to fill them unless the community they're hosting already has a following and they know they can profit off of it. Most of the time if a community gets sponsored that's starting out, the sponsor in question gets burned. Most of the profitable sponsorships have already been sponsored.

If you find a sponsor, I'd be weary about who it is, as they'd most likely be a little new to the game. (I'm not trying to sound rude or offensive, but that's usually how it turns out). Best of luck to your search.
https://allgamer.net/ - Minecraft, Xen VPS, and Dedicated Server Hosting
Email/MSN: clinton -at- allgamer -dot- net
AIM: Clinton4664 | Skype: clinton_collins
Toll-free United States: 1.888.215.0640
iNUM: +883 510008273659
I am a representative of AllGamer

Dothackking

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Allgamer is great, if you're ever NOT limited on funds, I would recommend switching to them.

Most companies actually DO recommend their people switch to allgamer if the company can't meet their needs (I cancelled with MinecraftGSP and told them it was because I was going to allgamer, they said they refer people there that they can't meet their needs)

They also have a nice affiliate system!    I have over thirty dollars coming to me, since the 8th.  The affiliate system only lasts for a month with them, but at that rate, you could easily pay for a 15 slot server.

azoundria

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Well I guess second best is whoever has the highest long-term affiliate payout and is the most reliable and reputable, and who is willing to help me get set up?

Does AllGamer have a test server?

Is there a way to try it out for a short period of time before signing on?

Scott
    Scott

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

azoundria said:

Well I guess second best is whoever has the highest long-term affiliate payout and is the most reliable and reputable, and who is willing to help me get set up?

Hit me up via email/msn/aim and I'll add you to my whitelist. It's hosted on a node with other servers. I can also provide a few IPs of clients who run public servers.

We have 3 day trials as well.
https://allgamer.net/ - Minecraft, Xen VPS, and Dedicated Server Hosting
Email/AIM/MSN: scott -at- allgamer -dot- net
Toll-free United States: 1.888.215.0640
iNUM: +883 510008273659
Extension: 902

minerdave
    minerdave

minecraftserverhost.net

• Members
  • 2114 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

azoundria said:

Hey we also have a test server if you'd like to try (see my signature). Send me a pm maybe I can work out a good affiliate plan for you also.
Trusted and Established Minecraft Server Hosting since Alpha in 2010.
Minecraft Server Host: www.minecraftserverhost.net
Test Servers: test.minecraft.ms | la.minecraft.ms | nyc.minecraft.ms | va.minecraft.ms
I am a representative of Minecraftserverhost.net

Cr3aT!oN
    Cr3aT!oN

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

I don't know if you're still planning on doing this, or you've already done it. But I'm up for a partnership?

I don't mind putting in up to 13$ a month?

Hope i get a reply :)

RonanZer0
  • Minecraft: DoubleTap1911

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I need a better provider. Multiplay ive had for awhile and it worked fine. but now its a piece of SHIT. 100% cpu usage when NO ONE is on the server in 1.8. Wow just wow and i have 8 slots -.-
Omg!!I made mah house but I got the CREEPER VIRUS...Now IM a creeper! SssssSsSSsSS to you!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Creepers Gonna Creep :o
Haters Gonna Hate :o

Dubstepminer
  • Minecraft: minerjon

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostRonanZer0, on 25 October 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

I need a better provider. Multiplay ive had for awhile and it worked fine. but now its a piece of SHIT. 100% cpu usage when NO ONE is on the server in 1.8. Wow just wow and i have 8 slots -.-

A host i use is
http://www.daddychee...aff.php?aff=091

starting at £2.98/$4.98 per month for 6 slot server. Take a look.

They are really helpful, they even helped me set up some plugins, and upgrading to a better server takes a matter of minutes. Instant set up.

Not one bad thing to say about them.
If I have helped you, please give me +1 Rep, This encourages me to help out more, and it shows me if my advice is useful or not. Thanks and Peace =)

Diamondss
  • Minecraft: Diamond_Shotgun

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Should i bother to get a provider? I'm running bukkit off my PC right now and im dedicating 4GB ram to it... for free.
i just dont think its worth $30 a month... :/