• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Monster Truck in Minecraft - Crafting Recipe by me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a good idea to add to Minecraft? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea to add to Minecraft?

1. Yes - Fun to handle, and less of a resource hog than minecarts. Definetly. (17 votes [15.45%])

Percentage of vote: 15.45%

2. Yes - It sounds like a good addition, and adds something unique. (9 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

3. Yes - But make it less complicated to make. (4 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

4. Neutral - Don't care if it's added or not. (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

5. No - Doesn't fit the theme of the game. (72 votes [65.45%])

Percentage of vote: 65.45%

6. No - Not useful enough. (5 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote

Ptylersworld

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

Come on, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to drive around in minecraft in a Monster Truck, running over enemies, animals, and plants? Well, I thought about it for a while, and I came up with these recipes for the different parts you will need to build your own, of course, IF this suggestion even makes it to the drawing board.

Diagram:
Posted Image

What you will need:
- Four monster tires - Recipe Included - Nine Pieces of Rubber  :GP:
- One standard size truck cab - Seven pieces of iron  :D  for the body, and two iron doors
- One front end engine compartment - Four pieces of iron  :Iron:  for the body, two electric lanterns  :--+:  for headlights, and a furnace  :)  for a clean, coal-burning engine.
- One truckbed with rollbar rack - Five pieces of iron  :Iron:  for the body, and four lanterns  :--+:  for taillights and rollbar lights
- An extra piece of iron for the chassis extensions and driveshaft

This would make a great extra project for you to be able to complete in Minecraft, for the hearty explorer and vehicle enthusiast alike. A land vehicle in this kind of game would be a great addition, and make transportation a lot easier. I really hope that you will at least consider this suggestion for future use in your game. Thank you for your consideration.

Features:
- Two block high wheels allow you to climb walls and terrain with ease (up to two 1/2 blocks)
- Headlights and taillights that automatically come on after sunset for night driving
- Ability to run over enemies and animals, sometimes killing them (does three hearts damage)
- Right click engine compartment with coal to provide fuel. Enter vehicle by right clicking the truck, and use normal directional keys to drive.
- W for the accelerator, A and D for steering, and S is brake, or reverse if you're at a complete stop.
- (Possibly?) Have the ability to carry goods in the back of the truck
- Engine keeps running until out of fuel
- Can be damaged to the point of being wrecked. But it is possible to salvage what parts are left, and start over, by destroying the remains.

Register or log in to remove.

Blindfeezy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

This is a dumb idea.

Redon26
    Redon26

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Rofl i can't believe he took the effort to make this thread :obsidian:
Posted Image

Ptylersworld

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

Redon26 said:

Rofl i can't believe he took the effort to make this thread :obsidian:
Well, it seemed like an excellent idea. Off-Road Driving in Minecraft seems like a really good alternative to walking.

BombJoe
    BombJoe

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ptylersworld said:

Redon26 said:

Rofl i can't believe he took the effort to make this thread :D
Well, it seemed like an excellent idea. Off-Road Driving in Minecraft seems like a really good alternative to walking.
There are boats and inecarts, and there will hopefully come hanggliders, but no monstertrucks.
http://getsatisfacti...cs/nether_biome

Posted Image

TheCaviano said:

hah, joes the man.

Nazzer
    Nazzer

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Obvious troll should be more obvious to the above posters.
Posted Image
^^My blog^^

BombJoe
    BombJoe

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Nazzer said:

Obvious troll should be more obvious to the above posters.
It's not nesecarily a troll, it may just be a very odd suggestion...

Posted Image

TheCaviano said:

hah, joes the man.

superhoii13

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

I think that this could be a fairly acceptible implementation in-game and would allow entertainment for SMP servers.
but instead of monster truck it should be another name like creepa crusha(by meh >=3) or some other name.
and instead of implementing rubber for the tires you should be able to make solid iron/wood for different control and different levels of durability levels and more creepa chrushin action. And make it smaller and more common and eaiser to make. Also you could add something that could be a human transportation other than minecart systems that use LOTS of iron  :)  :iapprove:  :iapprove:.

I think that this topic could be better but its a good start.
Posted Image

zombie_killer
  • Minecraft: Zombie_killer

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hey, troll! Sorry: Hey OP! Make a poll!
Posted Image

BombJoe
    BombJoe

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

zombie_killer said:

Hey, troll! Sorry: Hey OP! Make a poll!
Hmm... Troll, poll...

Posted Image

TheCaviano said:

hah, joes the man.

Tomarathon

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Fast moving vehicle + hard to see where you're going + turns sluggishly, thus unable to evade things + creepers = completely sensible, logical addition to the game.
Posted Image

BombJoe
    BombJoe

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Tomarathon said:

Fast moving vehicle + hard to see where you're going + turns sluggishly, thus unable to evade things + creepers = completely sensible, logical addition to the game.
Off topic: You've got 42 posts! And your title, it's... It is...

Posted Image

TheCaviano said:

hah, joes the man.

Nazzer
    Nazzer

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'm going to put it bluntly. No matter how much you balance this, Notch will never add it.

Why?

Because it REALLY doesn't fit in with minecraft.

We'd have swords, bows, arrows, minecarts, and then a monster truck.

I'm also going to be even more blunt: the idea sucks. It doesn't even try to sound good.

So if you want to be less obvious of a troll, try an idea that's bad, but sounds like a real suggestion so a person with a brain.
Posted Image
^^My blog^^

Piejamas
    Piejamas

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1081 posts
  • Minecraft: Piejamas

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Tomarathon said:

It may be balanced, but it doesn't really add anything to the game. Sure, if you're slightly immature, it might be funny to run over stuff for about 10 minutes, but that's about it.
('w')b

Epic_Morph
  • Minecraft: Epic_Morph

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Its a shame he (gonna pretend your a boy, just guessing :P) spent so long on such an awful suggestion, with all the images/crafting pics etc.

Now, if you put the same amount of time and effort into a decent suggestion, these trolls would be replaced with lovers of your work :).

Just keep trying, and see if you can get a modder into your suggestion, that way, some people can enjoy it, without it "ruining" the game for everyone else.

Ptylersworld

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Poll added. Thanks Morph for your input, you made me feel a lot better. :)

What about horses though? They would fit in nicely with the theme of the game. Being able to ride them, I mean.

Wayne
    Wayne

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

@monstertruck: How about no?
@horses: there is a mod for this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gameguy602
  • Minecraft: Gameguy602

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Ptylersworld said:

Poll added. Thanks Morph for your input, you made me feel a lot better. :D

What about horses though? They would fit in nicely with the theme of the game. Being able to ride them, I mean.

I would prefer if pigs with saddles could be controlled, and wouldn't despawn.
Everything for it is already in the game, except for controlling the pig (which shouldn't be too hard, seeing as we already have boats), and it not despawning when it has a saddle (which could be accomplished by converting the pig into a block if you walked away).

It will also avoid adding another mob, when we already have one we can ride.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

betrayal309

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

I agree with BombJoe, hangliders would be a good addition, but a monster truck would bring the world of minecraft to the 21st century when the game is...as I view it, based as a semi mid evil orientated world.

-Betrayal309 :iapprove:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Epic_Morph
  • Minecraft: Epic_Morph

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Maybe, instead of it being a "monster truck" that "ruins MineCraft as it doesnt fit in", we add simple elements that could be made into many different things such as wheels, that way, if you wanted a monster truck, you could have one, and if someone else wants something different, say, a train, or a pig drawn cart, they could make one.

Rubber could be obtained from trees (possible new tree) with a chisel (new tool) or the wheels could just follow the- wood/stone/iron/gold/diamond system.

Development is key!