Latest News Article

How to find lots of diamonds,gold,etc.

diamonds xbox360 how to find gold

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MR_MIME_01

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi there.
I know a way to find lots of minerals(including diamonds)in minecraft xbox edition.(My results were 27 gold 125 iron 20 diamonds and lots of cobble.)
1.Dig a staircase to bedrock and find the lowest point of bedrock
2.start counting the layers until you get to layer six(the lowest point of bedrock is layer 0)
3.make a long corridor with a little base with crafting tables furnaces and chest just in case you need to empty your inventory or make a new pickaxe.
4.never dig one layer down unless your picking up iron or something then continue making the corridor until you have enough diamonds,gold whatever.
THATS IT hope youre happy with the results like me.XD

Register or log in to remove.

ntpspe
    ntpspe

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: ntpspe
  • Xbox:NTpspE

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

There are a lot of different mining techniques on the wiki:
http://www.minecraft...ning_Techniques

And i'm pretty sure yours is a variation of staircase/tunnel mining.
Have you considered using branch mines down your tunnel? Would be a lot more profitable Posted Image
Support Global Ender Chests to 'live' in multiple worlds! http://www.minecraft...to-limited-map/

SuperCarl

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thats what i do, I go to lv10 though. and what are branch mines?

XanderxDrath

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

i dont get it

MinecraftAdam

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostSuperCarl, on 21 May 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thats what i do, I go to lv10 though. and what are branch mines?

Branch mines are tunnels coming off from the main tunnel

View PostXanderxDrath, on 21 May 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

i dont get it

Dig down to the lowest point of bedrock you can find then count six blocks up then make a chest or whatever there and then dig a big tunnel :)

Warren1988

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the info..
To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.Posted Image

Mathers992

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Diamond only appears in the bottom 17 layers of the map.

so i dig down to bedrock count up to layer 17 then on the left and right sides of my stair case i create huge open rooms where i use the pillar technique.

acewingman

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

When branching off your main tunnel, move over two blocks before mining the next branch because if you only move one you are seeing blocks you have already seen.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

MR_MIME_01

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

But this still works?or not?

Aerospace_Creeper

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostMR_MIME_01, on 21 May 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

But this still works?or not?
Ya it still works, but it can be a lot more efficient if you turn it into a branch mine.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Branch mining is the single most efficient form of mining in Minecraft.

What you do is make a that is at least 2x2, it can be 1x1, and make it at least 50 blocks long. Now, at the start of the tunnel, make 1 block wide by 2 block high tunnel branching off of your main tunnel. Then, skip two blocks and make another tunnel of the same dimmensions. You continue this until you reach the end of your main tunnel. Then, you can go down the other wall and do the same.

So if done right, it should look something like this...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image =stone Posted Image =tunnels

This allows you to see all 6 blocks around you in the branching tunnels, up, down, and the two blocks on the left and the right. It is extremely efficient.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

MR_MIME_01

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Ok

madjik2k

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

My favorite variation of branch mining is the Phoenix Mining Method.  You could use your method to find layer 12 and work your way up/down layers from there.
Posted Image

MR_MIME_01

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I use this method and others like the branch mining and phoenix method and they all work

GoofyGooberSWAT

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

When I get to a pool of lava, i dig two blocks from the the lava on each side.

Also branch mine is good and effective

alienpigeon9

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostMathers992, on 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Diamond only appears in the bottom 17 layers of the map.

so i dig down to bedrock count up to layer 17 then on the left and right sides of my stair case i create huge open rooms where i use the pillar technique.

Really? I have found atleasts 2 diamond veins  higher than 20 above the bottem of bedrock. I know this because I dug down to find more diamond. maybe its an xbox glitch?

MR_MIME_01

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postalienpigeon9, on 24 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Really? I have found atleasts 2 diamond veins  higher than 20 above the bottem of bedrock. I know this because I dug down to find more diamond. maybe its an xbox glitch?
Ya thats what my broher did