Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] MineFantasy: B1.0 - Beta

medieval tools weapons enchantment magic forge pets

• Please log in to reply
4341 replies to this topic

CursedDiamond

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I have a compatibilty issue between this mod and metallurgy 2, bot have ore dictionary but seems that the silver, bronze, tin, copper and mithril from both mods are uncompatible with the other. Is there a solution for this?
"newbie textureman"

Posted Image By Haxjagarn

Register or log in to remove.

thahat
    thahat

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

am i doing something wrong?

crafting anvil: steel
hammer: fancy

L G
S B S S
L G

L eather
S ilver
G old
B lue stuff, also know as lapis
S ilver

hit it with the hammer.. nothing :/, same with the other fancy recipies, so far all bronze, iron, steel ones work though.

AnonymousProductions
  • Minecraft: Galactic_Hiker

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postcarl097, on 05 February 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

game crash if i place a skeletal knight
you know they give you a report for a reason

View PostWolfLord77, on 05 February 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

For some reason, after 1.4.5, Mo Creatures makes it so i have seen a single creatures from this mod =[ i turned nether dragons up to 7, didnt see a single one even flying around in creative. GRAWWWRRRR

Does ANYONE have both this mod and mo creatures installed and still get dragons in the nether? and if so what versions and what spawn rates?
well as you all know the mob spawner moCreatures uses. though effective with handling large entity amounts, makes any mod that doenst use it neglected. by drowning their spawns out.

View PostCursedDiamond, on 05 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I have a compatibilty issue between this mod and metallurgy 2, bot have ore dictionary but seems that the silver, bronze, tin, copper and mithril from both mods are uncompatible with the other. Is there a solution for this?
you can disable generation for all of them in config(metallurgy might also have that)

View Postthahat, on 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

L G
S B S S
L G

L eather
S ilver
G old
S ilver

hit it with the hammer.. nothing :/, same with the other fancy recipies, so far all bronze, iron, steel ones work though.
The handle (between leathers) isn't silver, its hot iron
Posted Image

Wolfman_Zack

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postthahat, on 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

L G
S B S S
L G

L eather
S ilver
G old
S ilver

I see your problem. You need to use a hot steel ingot instead of a silver one for the part between the two pieces of leather. Hope that helps Posted Image

never mind i got beaten to it lol

HopzeBordah

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

I don't know if this is supposed to happen or what, but when I go to the download link and download the mod I gives me a .jar file. I tried to open it, but it says that it could not be launched and I should "Check the console for possible error messages." I'm on a Mac. Can someone please help me?

Epidemia78

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

You should consider adding a book like the Thauminomicon from thaumcraft3 that describes all of the things you can do in the mod because this is all very confusing.
Posted Image

AnonymousProductions

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostHopzeBordah, on 06 February 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

I don't know if this is supposed to happen or what, but when I go to the download link and download the mod I gives me a .jar file. I tried to open it, but it says that it could not be launched and I should "Check the console for possible error messages." I'm on a Mac. Can someone please help me?
your not supposed to open a jar file on download. when downloading things you hit save.
(though compressed files like zip and rar would work, it's not an actual step in downloading)

View PostEpidemia78, on 06 February 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

You should consider adding a book like the Thauminomicon from thaumcraft3 that describes all of the things you can do in the mod because this is all very confusing.
well i haven't used thaumcraft. but the thaumo.. whatever. seems to work like the achievements page. but id imagine would have more to it. but this mod is no where near that complex. it's pretty straight forward. just going from material to material. the only real difficult ones are steel, mithril and ignot. and their usually easy to figure out after use
Posted Image

LegendaryKoala
  • Minecraft: LegendaryKoala

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 06 February 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

well i haven't used thaumcraft. but the thaumo.. whatever. seems to work like the achievements page. but id imagine would have more to it. but this mod is no where near that complex. it's pretty straight forward. just going from material to material. the only real difficult ones are steel, mithril and ignot. and their usually easy to figure out after use

You misunderstand what he means. The book provides in-game information so that someone does not need to constantly have this forums op constantly up. Nor would someone need to check it in order to figure out how to make what. You would simply look into the book for the recipes (because your recipes are unique). As well as information on how to construct your blast furnace and many other things like that.

Its purely to help keep the players attention in-game. Thaumcraft isnt the only mod to do this, explosives+ and tropicraft have books/items that do this as well.

thahat
    thahat

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

derp my bad for writing it down wrong, i tried hot steel for a handle, not silver, thats why i wrote down an S -facepalm- just tried hot wrought iron, that DID work,

2 more silly questions:
A: how strong are these fancy blades? compared to say, a forged steel sword/default minecraft iron sword etc.?
B: chainmail, in the files the recipy states for hot steel, but im guessing its hot wrought iron?

AnonymousProductions

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

A: i haven't worked on the ornate items in awhile. their somewhat near iron id imagine.(im not much for stats and numbers for they drown out the role-play feeling of things). i see to comparing different designs, and finding stronger material, and experimentation, rather than just comparing numbers

B. Chain is iron or bronze now
Posted Image

CursedDiamond

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know that I can disable the ores in the config, but it won't work, the only way to make them compatible is to totally remove the metallurgy mods that contain the same metals that this mod contains (which are: base metals; fantasy metals and precious metals) and I don't want to do that. anyways, thanks for the help :).
"newbie textureman"

Posted Image By Haxjagarn

WolfLord77

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 06 February 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

well as you all know the mob spawner moCreatures uses. though effective with handling large entity amounts, makes any mod that doenst use it neglected. by drowning their spawns out.

Yeaaaahhh i know. Im just in denial. It is annoying cause in 1.4.5 they were spawning your stuff fine still even with mo creatures. Was hoping someone had found some way around it :(
Posted Image

thahat
    thahat

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

A: i haven't worked on the ornate items in awhile. their somewhat near iron id imagine.(im not much for stats and numbers for they drown out the role-play feeling of things). i see to comparing different designs, and finding stronger material, and experimentation, rather than just comparing numbers

B. Chain is iron or bronze now

thanks for the answer :), wasent much asking for stats really, more fancy is better/worse then steel/forged steel?

also, your longbow is AWSOME. fullstop. XD
small note i just found out lately because i love snowy biomes: your blast furnace doesnt melt snow, which looks kinda.. wrong when its belching out black hot funes... right through a snow layer on the top block., just an aesthetic thing though

AnonymousProductions

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postthahat, on 06 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

thanks for the answer Posted Image, wasent much asking for stats really, more fancy is better/worse then steel/forged steel?

also, your longbow is AWSOME. fullstop. XD
small note i just found out lately because i love snowy biomes: your blast furnace doesnt melt snow, which looks kinda.. wrong when its belching out black hot funes... right through a snow layer on the top block., just an aesthetic thing though
well i typically hate snow. and it would be a good thing to demolish it's snowy layers with such. haven't looked into snow melting much. but id imagine it would update with blocks (less frequent to avoid lag)
Posted Image

thahat
    thahat

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

well i typically hate snow. and it would be a good thing to demolish it's snowy layers with such. haven't looked into snow melting much. but id imagine it would update with blocks (less frequent to avoid lag)

im guessing it has to do with a certain ..'quality' some entities and blocks possess? think torches/glowstone/open fire , if you can copy paste code, id advise taking the fire melting qualities of glowstone, those are greatest in my experience, but if there is a certain radius in which it melts snow, id advise about doubling the radius from glowstone, since you put glowstone everywhere and a blastfurnace wel.. ONCE or so, the sn0w-melt-ticks would not overburden client or server, but would look much better like a really hot blast furnace.

AnonymousProductions

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

yeh, that's basically all it is; it's means of looking for snow in a range and altering them. but for the furnace blocks(that would have a considerably larger range) each time it searches for snow. it would take longer. and would need to be less frequent.

right now. snow melting is an extremely minor feature. and can be put aside
Posted Image

thahat
    thahat

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

roger that captain :), will follow your mod with interest.

Xentonic
    Xentonic

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Minecraft: Xentonic
  • Xbox:Xentonic

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I seem to have trouble downloading this mod. When it gets to about 1.2 MB completed it gives me a network error and i cannot download it with my phone ( i am able to do this with other mods.) This makes me sad because this mod is very intresting. Maybe you can take a took into it?
Check out my Halo GunCus Pack! http://www.minecraft...ncus-halo-pack/
Check out my mod idea! http://www.minecraft...r-with-bending/

AnonymousProductions

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

how would i be able to fix your connection problems
Posted Image

Xentonic
    Xentonic

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Minecraft: Xentonic
  • Xbox:Xentonic

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 07 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

how would i be able to fix your connection problems

Well now its going all the way through but upon inspection it only shows one file. Which is AP_Audio. And winrar spits out the error of unexpected end of archive. If i do place the .jar forge does not even notice it. This is odd.
Check out my Halo GunCus Pack! http://www.minecraft...ncus-halo-pack/
Check out my mod idea! http://www.minecraft...r-with-bending/