Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Easy way to find diamond?

xbox360 xbla minecraft

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Sexy_McBeast

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

I need good tips on how to find some diamond?!? (I don't like to duplicate)

Register or log in to remove.

Vekh
    Vekh

Stalker Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 4558 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

1) Craft pick.

2) Find stone.

3) Dig down.

4) Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.
Stop inspecting my post so closely.

xKarbec
    xKarbec

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Minecraft: xKarb

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

Mine down to level 10.6 and start digging a 3 x 3 square making tunnels :)

Frusciante_x3

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Sorry, bit of a noob to Minecraft, what do you mean by level 10.6? Down 10^6/1'000'000 blocks? Or does each seeded map have generic layers you can dig through? Anyway cheers.

Murphy1978

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostFrusciante_x3, on 19 May 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

Sorry, bit of a noob to Minecraft, what do you mean by level 10.6? Down 10^6/1'000'000 blocks? Or does each seeded map have generic layers you can dig through? Anyway cheers.

He means dig quite deep down.

http://www.minecraft...iki/Diamond_Ore

Diamond is found from layer 2-17 and is quite rare. Dig 50 odd levels down below you and from there downwards you *may* start to find it.

gibby2306

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

i used to dig down to bedrock and count 12 up and start makein tunnels dono if i was doing right but i found some on the pc version

JelEctra
  • Xbox:Vinoyl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Okay maybe this is kinda newbish but i got 24 diamonds in 1 day with this

Dig all the way down to the bedrock (The rock you cannot break)
Keep placing ladders on your way down and press RS so you don't fall down (You might fall into some lava)
So keep placing these ladders also a few torches can help you finding Gold, Coal, Iron, etc. on your way down.

Once you hit the bedrock do this; Place one rock under you so you are at layer 1 and not just standing at the bedrock now make a 7x3 tunnel and start making straight tunnels and place torches in your tunnels if you don't see anything..

Now just keep doin' this also don't keep using your diamond pickaxe all the time once you get one use stone or iron instead, i'm using my diamond pickaxes once i got to 20 diamonds just recommended ;)

I hope this helps, this REALLY HELPED ME ;)

JelEctra.
Don't give up!
You can still go to another world! :D

da_bestest

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

step 1. find a village with a smith
step 2. loot the chest(and hope there is diamond in it)
step 3. steal all the bloks you need and then destroy the village and it's residents.
repeat.
or
step 1. be a lucky bastard(like me)
step 2. accidentaly find a cave/dungeon/underground ravine/etc. while making a house/a basement for your house.
step 3. find out that there is diamond in the cave/dungeon/underground ravine/etc.

however i don't realy care for diamond i just put it in a chest anyway, i only use an iron pick to mine gold and diamond and a diamond pick to mine obsidian and for the rest i just use stone and wood

i hope my trick is the same as my name(da bestest)
me is da tuffest. me is da bestest.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

SuperCarl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

dig down to the very bottom, go 10 to 12 up, mine.

Adski
    Adski

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I find most diamonds on level 1(bedrock/stone) - 4. I've tried doing the counting up 10 blocks etc but hardly got any diamonds, did it from level 1-4 and got over 30 in no time (branch mining).
Want something recording? Message me on here and I'll get back to you. All editing must be done by you.

srghg
    srghg

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Start a quarry 20x20 that goes down to bedrock, then put down 12 blocks and stand on top of them so you are on the 12th layer and start digging into a wall

Deathbyapickle

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postda_bestest, on 19 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

step 3. steal all the bloks you need and then destroy the village and it's residents.
repeat.
or
step 2. accidentaly find a cave/dungeon/underground ravine/etc. while making a house/a basement for your house.
step 3. find out that there is diamond in the cave/dungeon/underground ravine/etc.

however i don't realy care for diamond i just put it in a chest anyway, i only use an iron pick to mine gold and diamond and a diamond pick to mine obsidian and for the rest i just use stone and wood

This isnt the PC forum just sayin

umpkinbutt

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

WOW, most of these posts.... just horrible repetiveness.
Find a tunnel system that goes pretty deep down. When or IF you start to see lava keep searching any joining tunnels. As well as dig out the gravel and dirt. Dont bother with the dirt and gravel unless your close to bedrock or youll just find coal ,or water ,or grass ,maybe iron. Nine times out of ten if a cave system hits lava and there are conjopining tunnels you will find diamond.

Digging straight down = bad idea
spiral stair case = to much work and much less ore (robertlindsay, has a good idea though for the spiral) (see to much work)
steal from village = Realy??
quarry 20 x 20 = GET REAL
dig to level 10.6 = This is not the pc, we dopnt have a depth meter crap or console commands

Frusciante_x3

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Aha. Thanks gibby and umpkinbutt. Now off to spend a day on minecraftwiki!

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Minecraft: 313411
  • Xbox:BiOxNuMBeRZ

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Just go and mine till you find bedrock, stay 2 blocks above the bedrock search for lava by making a 2 by 2 / 3 by 2 or 3 by 3 tunnel and when you might stumble upon a lava lake or pool, search around there becouse thats the place where you will most likely find the most diamonds.

"Do not blame me for your fails"

RegistryError
  • Xbox:SRJ 08

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

View Postda_bestest, on 19 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

repeat.
or

I don't think they have villages in Minecraft:Xbox 360 Edition. But I know there is a village on the tutorial.
Posted Image

Dannyboy254

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Dig down to 10-15 levels above bedrock and begin strip mining.

DARK_4NG3L
  • Minecraft: MIN3_4NG3L

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Go to Level 10.6 or Level 7.6 Dig out a 3x3 or 4x4 square and A-semetrical tunnels with torches keep Searching.I got about 39 Diamonds doing this trick Goodluck!!!

wolfeuk
    wolfeuk

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

i normally go searching for tunnels first, as theres often many diamonds on show,

but i always have a branch mine on every map, laborious and boring but guaranteed to find those elusive diamonds

Tommyrey88

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

You will always find more diamonds under an ocean than anywhere else just use your map to find level 10 and dig up three slots so your mining 10 11 and 12 at the same time go in a line till you find some just stay on lvl 10 you will find plenty

Just follow the video but do it near the sea  i started to do like this and would get one stack of diamond for every double chest full of cobble