Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Lapis lazuli impossible for me to find in pocket edition

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

olapaulakoski
  • Minecraft: olapaulakoski

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

So i decided two days ago to try to find som lapiz lazuli and its proven to be impossible. I branch mined for two hours at first when i was on a bus trip, then ive been mining through 2 seeds now everywhere ive found lots of diamond but no Lapis.

I know its pretty useless ore, except for dying wool.

But seriously its easier to find a seed with lave then find some Lapis in Minecraft pocket edition.

Has anyone else seen any lapis while mining, ive been diggin mostly at bedrock level is it higher up or do i really be at the very bottom to find it? Where does it spawn or is rare like lava and does not appear in some seeds at all?
Seed it.

Register or log in to remove.

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Why do you care so much about lapis? And yes I've found tons
Posted Image

olapaulakoski

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostDeevil768, on 18 May 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Why do you care so much about lapis? And yes I've found tons

Mostly because i want to complete everything that is available in the update i want to be able to mine the lapis ore.

Ive been diggin for a couple of days now several hours a day and not finding any lapis just makes me a bit obsessed. :P
Seed it.

UKSSPY
    UKSSPY

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postolapaulakoski, on 18 May 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

So i decided two days ago to try to find som lapiz lazuli and its proven to be impossible. I branch mined for two hours at first when i was on a bus trip, then ive been mining through 2 seeds now everywhere ive found lots of diamond but no Lapis.

But seriously its easier to find a seed with lave then find some Lapis in Minecraft pocket edition.

Has anyone else seen any lapis while mining, ive been diggin mostly at bedrock level is it higher up or do i really be at the very bottom to find it? Where does it spawn or is rare like lava and does not appear in some seeds at all?
Well It is the rarest ore

Micropie
    Micropie

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1093 posts
  • Minecraft: Scattar

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Thanks to Beyblader, I have found a ton, you basically branch mine around or on bedrock.
Posted Image

LolBellum
  • Minecraft: LolBellum

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

You should hex edit it in if you care so much.

New Minecraft - Pocket Edition youtube channel.

olapaulakoski

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostMicropie, on 18 May 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Thanks to Beyblader, I have found a ton, you basically branch mine around or on bedrock.

Ok ive been diggin at the the top layer of bedrock mostly, il try to go deeper then.Posted Image thanks.

View PostLolBellum, on 18 May 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

You should hex edit it in if you care so much.

No i dont want to hex it in. I want to find it naturally i do not want to cheat now that ive been mining for this long.Posted Image
Seed it.

LolBellum

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Postolapaulakoski, on 18 May 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Ok ive been diggin at the the top layer of bedrock mostly, il try to go deeper then.Posted Image thanks.

No i dont want to hex it in. I want to find it naturally i do not want to cheat now that ive been mining for this long.Posted Image
Alright. Make a huge mine system and strip mine. It usually works for me.

olapaulakoski

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

I finally found some! :) After mining from one end of the seed to the next i just found it at the other edge of the map. Right after that i mined a little bit more and found alot more lapis. Took me just three days irl time to find me some lapis. Hm was it worth it, well i now have crafted some blue wool and i have 46 pieces of lapis. Im thinking of building a monument of blue wool to celebrate.:)  Too bad there arent that many sheep around in my seed most of them are swimming around in the ocean. Stupid sheep.. haha
Seed it.

bedrockking

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I have like 4 stacks of lapis. Its easy for me

LolBellum

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

You will enjoy this video then.

olapaulakoski

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostLolBellum, on 19 May 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

You will enjoy this video then.

Look at all that beatiful lapis, what a lucky guy.:) haha.
Seed it.

LUplayer
    LUplayer

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Minecraft: Legomaster1596

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

The way I get so much stuff, is because i do a 3 high 4 wide mineshaft until I reach invisible bedrock. Then I make a new pathway 4 blocks away from the first. That's why I have lots of stuff. (try it :))

Always KPoppin'

I'm here whether I post or not!

DispenserWither
  • Minecraft: DispenserWither

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

Good Idea.Well,Mining and Exploring Lapis Lazuli are not Impossible though.They actually can be found in Mostly Strip Mining and mining options.

To find Ores the simplest way,Just strip mine downwards.Unlike the PC Version or Xbox 360 Version,You will not fall into Lava.So when you Strip Mine,You surely can find Multiple Lapis Lazuli. ;)

creeperbuddy101

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

What's a good seed for Lapis?

Kwauhn
    Kwauhn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1559 posts
  • Minecraft: Kwauhn

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

View Postcreeperbuddy101, on 24 June 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

What's a good seed for Lapis?

There's no such thing. The game generates a certain number of ore blocks (give or take 5) within each chunk, so it's pretty much up to your method of mining. Each map will have about the same number of lapis ore.

Posted Image

Previously known as GreyZap

IndigoInc

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

That appears to happen a lot these days, damn sheep spawning in the ocean. And zombies as well! I have found Lapis Lazuli, I agree that it is hard to find, but good luck!
Posted Image

LittleCuddlyRainbowCreeper
  • Location: In Equestria hanging with my best friend RainbowDash
  • Minecraft: MCdoesn'twork..
  • Xbox:Got hacked..

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

View Postolapaulakoski, on 19 May 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

I finally found some! Posted Image After mining from one end of the seed to the next i just found it at the other edge of the map. Right after that i mined a little bit more and found alot more lapis. Took me just three days irl time to find me some lapis. Hm was it worth it, well i now have crafted some blue wool and i have 46 pieces of lapis. Im thinking of building a monument of blue wool to celebrate.Posted Image  Too bad there arent that many sheep around in my seed most of them are swimming around in the ocean. Stupid sheep.. haha
Dang sheep lol happens all the time to me

View Postolapaulakoski, on 18 May 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Didn't even know that lapis was obtainable ATM , I thought it was like iron, diamond and redstone...(even though iron is obtainable..it's just unusable and can't be seen in the inventory ATM)
Posted Image I Love MLP. I'm not gay. And I'm a guy. Mind-blown?

Sirius
    Sirius

Obsidian Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 1390 posts
  • Minecraft: Seri_us
  • Xbox:Siri0usly

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

What Iv'e done is dig a hole straight down to bedrock, fill it with TNT, then I kamikaze until I find it...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ElijahTheGreat
  • Minecraft: xXxXElijahXxXx

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

Well i usually find that stuff underground...
What fate has led me here... Oh please forgive me dear
I don't know if I could survive on my own

I could have married you instead I buried you
Now I will see if I can fall asleep alone