• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Eggzio
    Eggzio

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

how do you make gunpowder in MC without making a whole farm thingy magig the easy way to get gunpowder

Register or log in to remove.

XxQQNoobxX

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

You get gunpowder by killing creepers, there's no other way.

bluemagic123
  • Location: At school, getting too much homework to sleep at night.
  • Minecraft: bluemagic123

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

You can also kill ghasts. That's much harder than killing creepers, though.

MasterZenZen
  • Minecraft: MasterZenZen
  • Xbox:ZenWorm

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

The easiest, and simplest way is by killing creepers. There is no way to craft gunpowder. However, with a bow killing ghasts is fairly easy, and they drop both gunpowder and a tear. It's up to you though. Hoped this helped! Posted Image

predatorx
  • Minecraft: jpredator

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I don't mean to be a douche or anything but can't you look at the wiki? I mean no hate but my answer to help is: killing creepers and ghasts :P.
"War is only a cowardly escape from the problems of peace." - Thomas Mann
"War is the science of destruction." - John Abbott

Eggzio
    Eggzio

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

i tried killing creepers it just gives me xp points!!!

theCloudMedia
  • Minecraft: OrangeAvenge

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

They can drop nothing occasionally.
Posted Image

Clonecaptain1139
  • Minecraft: Clonecaptain1139

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostEggzio, on 18 May 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

i tried killing creepers it just gives me xp points!!!
Not to be mean but that would be like saying "I chopped down an oak tree but I got no apples". You need to kill more creepers.
Better yet, make a hostile mob farm. I made the one in the wiki's mob farm page (modified to be an xp grinder with fall damage), I get one to two dozen mobs a minute, about a third of which are creepers.
Again, not trying to be mean, but gunpowder, being a mob drop, is a truley infinetely obtainable item. Not getting any would be like not having saplings. I tend to have massive amounts of each and either leave the piles around taking up space, or throwing it in lava.
I have to agree with predatorx: read the wiki! I haven't been on these forums for too long, but probably 10%+ of the topics in the survival section could have never been created had the user who started it spent 5 MINUTES OR LESS to go on the wiki, look up whatever they need to know about (take gunpowder for example), and, in the first sentence or two of the page:
Gunpowder, formerly known as Sulphur, is an item that can be obtained by killing Creepers, Ghasts or looting dungeon chests.
-Minecraft Wiki
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
No I will not +1 you unless you say something worth +1ing. Respect is earned, not given.

dDuya
    dDuya

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

They don't drop gunpowder every time.. Just kill lots of creepers and you'll be fine.

harrywand
    harrywand

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 951 posts
  • Minecraft: harrywand

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

Eggzio, I see you are new to minecraft. So here is the creeper analogy. Creepers explode and blow up blocks. But that doesn't consider it "killed" it suicided. Creepers drop 0-2 gunpowder on death and always drop exp unless a glitch or falls in lava. Remember, don't get too close to a creeper when killing. Use the hit and run strategy over and over and that will be the best.
[spoiler]

Posted Image

[spoiler]

R3creat3
    R3creat3

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • Minecraft: R3creat3
  • Xbox:R3creat3

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

He said how to CRAFT it, not how to get it. You can't craft it.
Posted Image
Need additional permissions/server help? Add me on Skype! Skype name= R3creat3

Blargh23

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostMasterZenZen, on 18 May 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

The easiest, and simplest way is by killing creepers. There is no way to craft gunpowder. However, with a bow killing ghasts is fairly easy, and they drop both gunpowder and a tear. It's up to you though. Hoped this helped! Posted Image

The problem I have with ghasts isn't that they're hard to kill, but that they're usually over the lava ocean.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

WunderWaffleHD
  • Minecraft: WunderWaffleHD

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Creeper FarmssssSSSSssss
Like my post? Give me a Posted Image for reputation!