• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to find dungeons...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

tobitobide

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

I just made a wool/sheep farm in my world and I have all colors except brown. I travelled 2000 blocks already but I can't find any dungeons for cocoa beans.
So I would like to know if there is any way to locate dungeons.

Register or log in to remove.

NinjamesVDS
    NinjamesVDS

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1000 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesVDS

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

There is no legit in-game way of finding dungeons.

Posted Image

AcroAce
    AcroAce

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Minecraft: AcroAce

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, as far as I know, it's all just luck.  But just to possibly help you out, taken from the Minecraft Wiki:

• A simple way to find dungeons is to hold F3 and press F, the fog key, and while the screen is blue with clouds and a sun/moon, look for flames from a mob spawner.  This only works when you are 16 blocks or fewer from the spawner. This tends to work better on slower computers.
  • Another reliable way of locating dungeons is through listening, either for a large amount of noise from one kind of mob, or for ambience.  Neither of these things are an exclusive trait of a dungeon, but they do mean that there is an unlit and unexplored area nearby, which may well be a dungeon, particularly in the case of frequent and similar mob noises.

http://www.minecraft...et/wiki/Dungeon

Found under the "Tips" section of the page.

AwesomeBuild121
  • Minecraft: AwesomeBuild121

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostNinjamesVDS, on 16 May 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

There is no legit in-game way of finding dungeons.

You're right, but...

If you listen closely, you can hear a bunch of skeleton/zombie/spider sounds, if you hear a lot of them, there may be a dungeon nearby.
Is it like, necessary to put something here?
Spoiler:

Mr Jenks
    Mr Jenks

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Also, scan deserts as you sometimes find collapsed dungeons in the sand, look for abnormal holes

[oK]Wazzup said:

Dear Mr. Jenks

I wish I could promote you, star you, or something.
Too bad I cant BUT THANK YOU

SkullCollector said:

Your signature speaks the truth, thanks!

PMental
    PMental

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: PMental

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

If you do a lot of caving you'll find lots of dungeons eventually. You can also find cocoa beans in stronghold chests, and those can be located with Eye of Ender.

There's also brown sheep in the wild, though rare.
Be sure to check out my  Youtube channel for Fireworks (autofiring/autoloading), many minecart inventions, my "Chicken Machine" (breeding, egg farm and cooking) and many more inventions. In HD, new uploads every week.

tobitobide

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostPMental, on 16 May 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

If you do a lot of caving you'll find lots of dungeons eventually. You can also find cocoa beans in stronghold chests, and those can be located with Eye of Ender.

There's also brown sheep in the wild, though rare.
My stronghold (well, the one I can find) didn't have any and there are absolutely no animals spawning anymore.

I guess I'll start doing a lot of caving now.

Happyinc
  • Minecraft: Happyinc

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, lots of caving. I've found about five on my server because of caving, and got as many cocoa beans.

You could also wait until 1.3 is out, and get them from jungles.
Posted Image
If I've helped you, why not check out my channel? It won't take more than a minute, and would help me a lot.

PMental
    PMental

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: PMental

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Oh I can assure you animals still spawn, if you travel. The world is infinite (more or less) after all :)

Also, since strongholds are about 1000 blocks from spawn, separated by about 120 degress, if you just go a 1000 blocks "the other way" (opposite the stronghold you have found) and start throwing Eye of Ender there, you'll find a new one for sure.
Be sure to check out my  Youtube channel for Fireworks (autofiring/autoloading), many minecart inventions, my "Chicken Machine" (breeding, egg farm and cooking) and many more inventions. In HD, new uploads every week.

Thescorpi0n

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

As said before, look in deserts. You can quite regularly find perfect square caved in areas. They're often caved in dungeons.

Posted Image

duartel said:

Monkah_Boy said:

DimMyXx said:

Cool.
Story.
Bro.

Tank333
    Tank333

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Minecraft: Tank333

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

What you could do is try finding mineshafts. Mostly an average mineshaft contains 1 dungeon.