• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Whats the BEST source of food out there?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

blindbird17
  • Minecraft: blindbird17

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

I need to know because I go on a ton of long journeys and I'd need to know the best source of food to get out there
I'm.....................................................................What am I?............................Wait I think I've got it.
I'm PIE!!!!!!!!!  

Register or log in to remove.

jobber890
  • Minecraft: jobbher

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

bacon, make a pig farm and get as many bacon as you want. Mushroom stew is my favourite, because you can get infinite stew from a mooshroom, only it's not stackable :(.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

Lullaby_Of_Burning_Embers
  • Minecraft: Toothed_Deer

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Massive automatic farm?

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of the dreams.

ZekeZeZneak

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Make some big mushroms, then harvest them till you get around 40. Then make 40 bowls, bring a crafting table with you but only make them when you're hungry.

A Blind Moron
  • Location: "hurp de durr, behind u. im so clever nd original!!1!"

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

The best source of food is undeniably melons. They grow quickly and drop lots of edible slices. But because they only restore 1 bar of food per use, they take up a lot of room and take a long time to eat.

Personally I eat bread, and have a reasonlessly massive wheat farm.

Thread will be locked and deleted in: Posted Image

Excellion1498
  • Minecraft: Excellion1498

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Melons and wheat, if you're more or less starting out. If you've gotten pretty far, you should have an animal farm, in which case get some steak and cooked porkchops if you're planning on sprinting or going really far.
Excellion1498: Promoting usefulness since 1998

oCrapaCreeper
  • Minecraft: oCrapaCreeper

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Melons and cookies(Coco plants are in the new snapshot, they spawn in jungles.). They are some of the easiest foods to make, as you can get an abundance of them within a day.
Posted Image
Seriously. These "Achievement Get!" signatures were never funny, or interesting.

Excellion1498

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostoCrapaCreeper, on 15 May 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Melons and cookies. They are some of the easiest foods to make, as you can get an abundance of them within a day.
COOKIES?!
I think you might have meant bread, cookies require cocoa beans and those are pretty hard to find. They also restore just half a heart.

Kull14
    Kull14

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1362 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostA Blind Moron, on 15 May 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

The best source of food is undeniably melons. They grow quickly and drop lots of edible slices. But because they only restore 1 bar of food per use, they take up a lot of room and take a long time to eat.

Personally I eat bread, and have a reasonlessly massive wheat farm.
Also its a little hard to find melon seeds if you dont live near a abandoned mineshaft. Luckily my house is right over one. Early one I just have a simple wheat farm usually in a lake so I dont need a bucket.

View PostExcellion1498, on 15 May 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

COOKIES?!
I think you might have meant bread, cookies require cocoa beans and those are pretty hard to find. They also restore just half a heart.
In the snapshot they're not to hard to find in jungles.
Empty Signature is Empty........

Cranberries

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

I prefer melons and stew, but cooked porkchops restore the most hunger.

Excellion1498

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postthetonyk123, on 15 May 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Also its a little hard to find melon seeds if you dont live near a abandoned mineshaft. Luckily my house is right over one. Early one I just have a simple wheat farm usually in a lake so I dont need a bucket. In the snapshot they're not to hard to find in jungles.
Speaking as someone who has stayed with 1.2.5...

Firefalcon48
  • Minecraft: Firefalcon48

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I make a big farm and just eat bread that I get from it.

gugulani
    gugulani

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I think melons are very good and a nice source of food. One melon drops some melon slices, but 1 gives only one bar of food. So it is very balanced. ;)

Furthermore I think that a wheat farm can be another good option because you only need 3 wheats for 1 bread. ;)

Posted Image

AcroAce
    AcroAce

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Minecraft: AcroAce

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Melons and bread, imo.  Melons grow quite fast and are stackable.  Wheat grows comparably slower, but bread restores 2 health bars instead of one, and is stackable as well.

TheMinecraftianGamer
  • Minecraft: NiceUsername

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I use bread. It's easy to mass-produce, and each loaf fills a decent amount of hunger.
Posted Image

iron_kingdoms

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Bread is the best, stackable, easy to mass produce and it restores a decent amount of food.

Posted Image

TheFeanor

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Bread and Melons. I use Melons until I have a sufficient amount of Bread.

Posted Image

PMental
    PMental

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: PMental

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Cooked chicken. It gives 3 hearts, is stackable and can be farmed more or less automatically (need to refill dispensers with eggs now and then).

Wheat has to be manually planted, melons can be farmed automatically but a stack will only provide so much nourishment. Any other meat than chicken has manual labour involved ("harvesting" can be automatic, breeding cannot).
Be sure to check out my  Youtube channel for Fireworks (autofiring/autoloading), many minecart inventions, my "Chicken Machine" (breeding, egg farm and cooking) and many more inventions. In HD, new uploads every week.

ArchDragon97

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Probably steak. It heals 4 hearts, and is farmable. Albeit it takes longer, but the food lasts longer.
Pigs are just annoying.
Chickens heal as much as wheat.
Melons are too low.
Cookies are a fun thing to have.

IMO, wheat. It grows fast, its bone-mealable, you can create small compact semi auto farms (60 wheat a minute), stacks to 64, heals 2.5 hunger.
Melons you basically constantly have to eat them..

If your far on, I prefer golden apples.
No i will NOT click your stupid dumb dragon egg crap
WTF is people are more then 20+ year olds watching my little pony

ArjanMc
    ArjanMc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I always just use bread. I don't like killing my animals, they're friends :(