• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

POPULAR

Thaumcraft 3 has been released.

Head to http://www.minecraft...5-thaumcraft-3/

ThaumCraft 3

by Azanor

I'm creating this thread as a "Think-tank" for my planned spiritual successor to ThaumCraft. As much as I love Thaumcraft I feel it has become "just another tech mod". While there is nothing wrong with that I think I can do better Posted Image

ArcanaCraft will inherit many of the blocks, items and features from ThaumCraft, but with an even greater focus on magic. The thread for Thaumcraft can be found here: http://www.minecraft...ted-on-1052012/

Planned Changes
  • Aura will play a much greater role and will be much more dynamic.
  • Vis will not exist as it does currently (for the most part). Items and blocks that require magical power will (for the most part) draw it directly from the aura.
  • Taint will still be around and still be "in the air" like Aura, but the two will no longer be opposing forces
  • A greater emphasis on research and experimentation along with a much improved research system that does not boil down to burning cobble/bookcases in the hope of winning the lotto.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

WhatGravitas

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yay, interesting! Should we repost previous ideas here or just carry on with the previous discussions?

Azanor
    Azanor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

You are welcome to repost stuff and get the ball rolling.

Posted Image

flamedance58
  • Minecraft: flamedance58

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

If ArcanaCraft comes into existance will it be pretty much what TC3 would be?
Posted Image

Azanor
    Azanor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yes, ArcanaCraft is just a working title. The changes will be pretty large however so I thought a name change might be in order.

Posted Image

Maximo_Artorio

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

nice... so I'm reposting the only good idea I had in this changing period...

as you said seals would be a more used resource in the future I suggest to add a branch to the research system dedicated to them:

the better idea imo would be different base seals like:
- white one as basic seal (not to research)
- the red one could make the essences combination effect stronger but draining more aura from the chunk
- the blue seal would be like an efficiency upgrade for the essences combination (they will do the same effect as in the base seal but with less aura drain)
- the green seal would increase the AoE of the combination making short area medium, medium large and so on...

well you got the point

also a parallel Idea could be researching for advanced essences (or might use the extracts to do that dunno)
advanced essences could lead to more powerful/aura saving combination...

and (borrowed idea I read it somewhere but can't remember who said it first)
some advanced seal with more than a 3 essences combination to improve effects or add more precise one (like a seal that hurts just wisps for example)

Posted Image

LutherAD
  • Minecraft: LutherAD

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Mega Self-Quoting of all my Idea's:

LutherAD said:

Hmmm, I can see what you're angling at Azanor but I feel that a marriage between your new idea and the present would create the strongest results.

1) Aura needs to be more important/harsher - ATM, I have an automated sugar cane farm running seven seals (5 speed grows, 1 Auto harvest and 1 auto collect) and I have next to no fear of the Aura/Taint values because they easily get offset by adjoining chunks. Even if it were to get a little out of hand, I'd take down the farm and simply move it to another chunk some distance away - the original chunk would eventually restore itself and I don't need to spend any more resources then those to make a tool.

2) Magic should be more Volatile - I have no fear of anything in the mod except basic storage tanks and natural taint biomes; I should be concerned about my crucible, my infuser, EVERYTHING save the Q-block should have some kind of "problem" attached to it: Draws enemies, steals items in nearby chests, converts blocks randomly, explosions, summons demons, rips the aura to shreds, summons Herobrine, anything other than "Little bit of taint".

3) Make a Cauldron useful - If you want a new way to obtain raw materials in the way you've described, why not add a GUI to the Cauldron and work from there; the block is useless as is and would fit nicely into the Magi-lab feel this mod provides.

4) Make Infusion more of a balancing act - This might be harder to code but what if the Infusor needed more than just Vis, Taint and Ingredients to work? What if the Aura influenced the outcome? What if the Dark Infusor needs blood to work; do you commit your own blood to the act or do you capture Villagers and sacrifice them instead.

5) Other ways to Research - Star Charts, Bone Casting, Rituals, Ancient Books/Tablets, Dreamscaping; the realm and scope of Magic is HUGE so why not branch out into different fields.

6) Magic should be able to alter/influence the world and everything in it - ATM we get a new biome that can be spawned and angry creatures - where's the warping of the structure of the land? Where's the tear in the fabric of space? Where are the extra-dimensional beings drawn to strong sources of power?

I'm for breaking up how you make items - Give me the Arcane Forge for making Runic Metal, the Scribe Table with Crystal ball for divining the true nature of the world, the Cauldron for brewing my potions and the Arcane Agricultural Pod for growing the Enderman-Eating plants of my dreams. But I feel that Vis/Taint still has a place in all this - Perhaps it's the core material in potions, perhaps I cool the Runic Metal in Liquid Vis to infuse it with power, or the Crystal stone acts as a "Fliter" to sift through the inherent knowledge that flows through all creation which is made visible by the melting into Vis.

Me said:

Star Gazing - By gazing at the stars, you manage to plot a number of constellations and the movements of several heavenly bodies. Through your understanding of the ways in which these planets/stars/comets/etc affect the flow of Magic in the universe you are able to draw upon qualities of movements/flux in Magic.

NEW ITEMS:
  • Telescope: Activates a sort of "Moving" hide-and-seek game with a map of the heavens that moves with the flow of time.
  • Star Charts: A record of anything you discover through the Telescope, eventually crafted into a Book - Each constellation should have a few intrinsic "Keywords" attached to them; The Twins provides "Doubles, Multiplication and Division", the River provides "Movement, Flow and Water", etc
  • Astrolab: By combining your collected Star Charts and some mechanical know-how you create a device capable of "projecting" the movements of Heavenly Bodies, creating a system to "Auto-point" the Telescope at a previously discovered body so you can see whether it ebbs or flows at present.
Bone Casting - Through dark arts and secret rituals you have found a way to tap into the inherent energies contained within all living creatures. By casting the scribed bones and remains of creatures you can glimpse the world as they see it.

NEW ITEMS:
  • Casting Bowl: Placing the bones/item drop of an animal/creature sometimes yields a new term for research - Endermen Pearls would produce "Teleport" and "Travel", Sheep's Wool would produce "Warmth" and "Grass". When not producing research terms, the Casting Bowl produces dark energies (Taint).
  • Blood Chalice: A passive item you carry on your tool-kit which collects a small amount of blood from each enemy/creature/villager you kill. This can be used as a way to fuel dark devices or to increase the returns from the Casting Bowl.
Rituals - Through forbidden rites and dark secrets you can strip the rules of nature apart and break the will of Jeb apart to achieve new depraved depths of research and power.

NEW ITEMS:
  • Ritual Pages: A New loot item which describes a structure/layout of blocks and an action you need to carry out - Maybe the ritual calls you to kill a Testificate on an Obsidian Platform (5x5) surrounded by Torches with a Ritual Knife in order to gain a Dark Stone from the Demon Realm. Perhaps the ritual calls for you to slay a wolf, naked under the pale-moon light with your hand in exchange for Ragnarok - A Powerful blade.
  • Ritual Knife: A possible Loot Item but something you could also research; a small blade created from a piece of blood-infused iron with an ebony handle. As a weapon, very poor but when used under the terms of a ritual becomes an auto-kill weapon.
  • Black Candles, Altar Block, Pentacle, Icons, ETC - You could REALLY add to the whole feel of rituals and REALLY enable a great range of rituals/effects/rewards/etc.
Dreamscaping - By inducing a deep sleep with the aid of some plants and incense you are able to glimpse other worlds beyond your own. Whilst there you might be able to glean hidden and dangerous knowledge, perhaps even bring something back with you. But what happens if you die in the dream? And how long would you be stuck in these dangerous, nightmarish realms.

NEW ITEMS:
  • Dream Orb: By placing this item at the head of a bed you enable it to "Record" details of your dreams but only those that feature strongly in your mind during the dream - If you spend a long time digging up new and exciting ores then those names/terms will translate across. If you took alot of damage, then only worlds like "Pain, Misery & Suffering" would come back across the void. The realm in which you would enter would be based upon many factors - Health, Recent Activities, Lunar Cycles, Aura Levels/Flow, Items Held, ETC.
  • Diary: A Book under which you could "Save" the worlds you visit, allowing you to travel back to them by simply re-reading your records of that place before you sleep.
  • The Dreamer's Pocket: A small, three-slot inventory pocket which allows you to take items back and forth between the "Real" world and the Dreamscape - But by using the Pocket you increase the chance that something will follow you back.

Myself said:

Tell me about it - I want Brain Plants so I can turn Testificates into Violent Killing Machines; I want Silver Grass which slowly and passively cleans the Aura; I want Minecraftia-Enderman-Trap Plants for... well killing Endermen.

I said:

To flesh the idea out, your trip to these realms would be restricted by time; or rather controlled by time - Having induced this drug-fuelled dream you are now stuck in it until they wear off and time works very differently in dreams. The first time you could be there for one day, the next weeks! Imagine being trapped in a realm where everything wants your blood and the only way to survive is to become as savage as the world around you - You'd come back with new knowledge, new experiences and a greater appreciation for the dangers of the wild.

This would also allow Azanor, if he's going to follow the research term idea a wide scope for really esoteric terms and phrases as well as staggering research in a way far more interesting (No offence Azanor)  the "Insert Item, Roll Dice, ..., Profit/Lose"

I mean come on, not all Mages went to school to read books - some became Mages because it was their only chance of survival - others because it was simply in them. I'm just saying, let people have multiple paths to tread down. That way, on SMP you could facilitate a form of trade - Just picture a transfer like:

Druid: I hear you've managed to obtain a piece of Shadow Oak from the realm of Undarr; would you be willing to trade?
Dreamer: That depends old man, what have you to trade?
Druid: In my travels, I have managed to uncover the location of a few altars to the gods undying...
Dreamer: Not interested; anything else?
Druid: How about this rare Star Chart of the Constellation of the Stag? I'll throw in a few Mandragora seeds to boot.
Dreamer: Deal! Let me grab my backpack...

I personally think something like that would make SMP awesome; just saying

I'm actually working on some mock images to illustrate some of my idea's; nothing fancy as I'm not an artist by any stretch but I feel will add to the suggestions.

I like dem mods....

Serah Wint

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

I quick qoute from the main Thaumcraft thread.

"If you want machines to use the aura instead of vis conduits, i have an idea on how you could standalize that.
Make crystals the medium between the aura and all your contraptions.

Crystals can draw on the aura and channel it into the machines.
Machines could have slots on them for crystals. Similairy to the key-holes on the obelisk.
Different crystals have different functions.
- Taint crystals channel taint
- Vis crystals channel generic power.
- Fire crystals could boost the arcane furnace.
- Earthen crystal could boost repairing mechanics.
... And so on.

You could even make a machine that have different functions completely depending on attached crystals.
For example: "Air + Water could create Ice Blocks", or "Earth + Water creates grass Blocks"

Well you could go really wild with this if you wanted to.
Il leave it to you Azenor.
Eather way, much love, and thanks for your effort."
Posted Image

Draigo002

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

Will the Eldritch be more used and will liquid vis still be used "Still think Liquid vis has a place In the mod I mean It's the aura But Turned to Vis make's sense?"

d95
    d95

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts
  • Minecraft: damien95

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

did i post this?  wow...

edit:

make crystal evaporators that use crystals as fuel.

crystal evaporators can be used to fill the aura with vis by pumping vis from crystals into the aura.

oh btw,make it look like a combination of the condenser and the bellows

Posted Image

Dr_Icicle

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

First of all, thanks azanor for this mod and for this thread, you might have seen that even just clustering some ideas took a great post...
So i'll think this new, empty thread can take a bit more and has a greater overview. :3

Edit: Btw I'll post my ideas from this moment on not in this big posts but in single post with single ideas to make iit easier for you to see what I exactly mean and to give you time to think about it.

WhatGravitas

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hmmm, seeing how most people have some affectation for liquid vis and the pipes (not to mention they're a pretty neat system), I believe it would be a mistake to completely get rid of them (ditching liquid taint for auric taint only, however, would be less controversial, I think). Just my opinion, of course. Posted Image

So, if you want to keep piping and vis without having it taking a centre role in the mod, there are three options, I can think of:
  • High Energy Magic: Make manipulation a branch of research - "metamagic", research into magic itself, where vis is some sort of boosting material to make other magic more potent - but relatively useless on its own. Possibly a way to create artificial crystals by solidifying it - making vis some sort of quintessence, the "element of magic". Imagine vis as something the mad scientist among wizards would use, a lab full of bubbling pipes and weird items.
  • Beginner's Magic: Turn vis manipulation into the entry tier of the game - a crude tool, before more attuned items can use the aura directly. In this model, vis would be an inefficient way to fuel and infuse magical items. Perhaps even (akin to the nodes from TC1) the first way to power tier-1 seals. Imagine a hut with some crucibles and leaky pipes and smokestacks spewing forth toxic vis fumes.
  • Epic Level Magic: Vis becomes a bit of the endgame fuel, something you only gain by researching artefacts, ancient monoliths and so on - being able to create pure magic is the equivalent of having nuclear fusion... just thriving on the background aura isn't enough to do the *big* things, like creating matter from thin air (like the duplicator) or creating stable gateways through space-time (portals). Imagine the dark interior of a monolith with purplish glowing vis piping embedded in the walls, a bit like "Tron-lines".

Draigo002

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostWhatGravitas, on 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hmmm, seeing how most people have some affectation for liquid vis and the pipes (not to mention they're a pretty neat system), I believe it would be a mistake to completely get rid of them (ditching liquid taint for auric taint only, however, would be less controversial, I believe).

So, if you want to keep piping and vis, there are three options, I can think of:
  • High Energy Magic: Make manipulation a branch of research - "metamagic", research into magic itself, where vis is some sort of boosting material to make other magic more potent - but relatively useless on its own. Possibly a way to create artificial crystals by solidifying it - making vis some sort of quintessence, the "element of magic". Imagine vis as something the mad scientist among wizards would use, a lab full of bubbling pipes and weird items.
  • Beginner's Magic: Turn vis manipulation into the entry tier of the game - a crude tool, before more attuned items can use the aura directly. In this model, vis would be an inefficient way to fuel and infuse magical items. Perhaps even (akin to the nodes from TC1) the first way to power tier-1 seals. Imagine a hut with some crucibles and leaky pipes and smokestacks spewing forth toxic vis fumes.
  • Epic Level Magic: Vis becomes a bit of the endgame fuel, something you only gain by researching artefacts, ancient monoliths and so on - being able to create pure magic is the equivalent of having nuclear fusion... just thriving on the background aura isn't enough to do the *big* things, like creating matter from thin air (like the duplicator) or creating stable gateways through space-time (portals). Imagine the dark interior of a monolith with purplish glowing vis piping embedded in the walls, a bit like "Tron-lines".

I like all of those was thinking of liquid vis being end game also like turning It into a crystal

Also maybe have liquid vis being used to fuel the portal "The aura can still be used to fuel It but maybe have liquid vis as a second option" >.>?

Lady Eternity

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Greetings all,

Please allow me to give my thanks for the continued efforts on this mod. It is by far one of the most amazing and well conceived mods I have had the pleasure of playing.

I've been considering an idea I had the other night while researching. After much thought I finally decided I should probably share it with the community.

Research is pretty amazing IMHO. I admire the skill and creativity that went into designing the system. And while I think the current system is outstanding, it couldn't hurt to have it a bit more fluid.

I've been toying around with a few ideas on how research could be enhanced without trivializing it or ruining the current feel. One option would be the research of actual items that pertain to the completely researched theorem and disallow research gained by non-related researched objects.

So, if you threw a stack of cobble into the research device you would not receive any "fragments". Instead, you would have a chance (albeit very small) to obtain any object's theorem that directly uses cobble in its make-up. Placing research augments for the various fields of study would influence the direction your research might take. This would allow the player to 'guide' their research. If you succeed then a Theory would be created. For our example it would be called something along the lines of : Theory: Lost Knowledge of Cobblestone.

Now the real fun begins. Once you have your physical 'theory', it could go many different ways depending upon a few variables: Amount of recipes under 'Lost" that use cobblestone, Difficulty level of actual end result (balance) and what additional research objects are offered up to further specialize the research inquiry.

Lets say under 'cobblestone', under the 'Lost' category; there are three recipes. **Cobblestone & Torch =Floor Lamp**, **Cobblestone, Redstone, Iron Block, Gold Ingot, Lever & Glass = Red Furnace**, **Cobblestone, Wooden Planks & Slime Balls = Sticky Ceiling**.

The Theory: Lost Knowledge of Cobblestone would be placed in the research slot, then experimental candidates would be placed in the squares below. Lets say for the sake of visualization we placed a diamond and a sapling in the extra slots. Now we would initialize the research (Button press on the GUI) and wait for the outcome of our research. No diamonds or saplings exist in ANY of the cobblestone recipes, so our research would not move forward. Nothing would be lost. You do not 'lose' knowledge just because your hunch was inaccurate, your research simply doesn't move forward.

Now, after that failed try we place a sandstone block and a slime ball. After the appropriate research time has elapsed only your slime ball would disappear and you would receive a incremental nudge on your theorem's progress bar. You would continue 'researching' and 'experimenting' along these lines until your theorem turned into a full-blown recipe scroll. Bookshelves and later brains-in-a-jar could still provide benefits. Since there would not be the huge 'eat all your stuff' requirement to research it would have to be balanced with time. It would take time to research...and the player. The player would have to be present at Quaesitum at all times or the research would stop.

Having the researching like this would be much more fun I think, make more sense, and be much more attainable at all stages of the game. Further it would not negate the current 'research' items(IE:Artifacts).

Thanks so much for reading, and thanks for this wonderful mod.

Lady Eternity

Posted Image

Dr_Icicle

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostWhatGravitas, on 15 May 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hmmm, seeing how most people have some affectation for liquid vis and the pipes (not to mention they're a pretty neat system), I believe it would be a mistake to completely get rid of them (ditching liquid taint for auric taint only, however, would be less controversial, I think). Just my opinion, of course. Posted Image

So, if you want to keep piping and vis without having it taking a centre role in the mod, there are three options, I can think of:

I like this ideas and I think it should be more of a high tier thingy. So well, of course I have to throw in the possibility trough dreamscaping, more refined mashinery and a bit of alchemy(which still should be upgraded in my opinion) While the "darker" way allows you to liquify taint relatively early and there aren't many ways to directly absorb taint out of the atmosphere. Then there may be the possibility to put the eldritch things as they have followed "darker" ways.

WhatGravitas

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostDraigo002, on 15 May 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Also maybe have liquid vis being used to fuel the portal "The aura can still be used to fuel It but maybe have liquid vis as a second option" >.>?
Just as a note, I always thought that the TC2 portals are a bit... to easy to get, at least compared to the TC1 portals (which gobbled up a lot of vis and needed you to craft the archways) and the void bracelet (which only allows teleporting back). It just seems to be something so valuable (instant transport), that it deserved its own machinery/block/archway etc.

Actually, that gives me an idea for the endgame/booster utilisation of vis: Everything that does magic, needs to draw upon aura - but there's nothing like infinitely fast aura-flow. So an aura-driven portal gateway would need to gather enough aura over a time span of a couple of minutes. An infuser over 20-30s. And so on.

Liquid vis gives you the energy you need in a very compact form, so it makes your stuff go faster (but not better or anything) - at the price that you need to get your hands at vis first. Not to mention, gathering vis should be slower than normal aura-drawing, meaning you can't use it all the time, just if you need it *right* now. This should either be a bit lossy, slow and complicated (High Energy Magic - assemble your thaumic reactor to generate vis from aura... veerrrry slowly) or very late in the research tree (Epic Level Magic - assemble your artefact condenser contraption).

Draigo002

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostDr_Icicle, on 15 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I like this ideas and I think it should be more of a high tier thingy. So well, of course I have to throw in the possibility trough dreamscaping, more refined mashinery and a bit of alchemy(which still should be upgraded in my opinion) While the "darker" way allows you to liquify taint relatively early and there aren't many ways to directly absorb taint out of the atmosphere. Then there may be the possibility to put the eldritch things as they have followed "darker" ways.

Give's me a Idea If we follow a path like the Eldritch then Maybe In the later parts Of the mod there should be Another way to get thing's done even better then the Edritch like a path that does not lead to are destruction >.>

WhatGravitas

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostDraigo002, on 15 May 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Give's me a Idea If we follow a path like the Eldritch then Maybe In the later parts Of the mod there should be Another way to get thing's done even better then the Edritch like a path that does not lead to are destruction >.>
What's with the random capitalisation, it makes it confusing to read. :/ Anyway, who says that the monolith builders (they totally need a foreboding cryptic name!) are destroyed? Perhaps they just left for nicer parts of the universe/world/multiverse. Or ascended to a higher form. Or died off due to another reason. Mysteries! ;)

I do think we should have some ancient eldritch horrors lurking at bedrock level, though - but this would go quite as well into the current Thaumcraft iteration...

On another note: What's with the name... Thaumcraft is a neat name we had for a while now, it would be a shame to abandon it, even with departing from some principles - the title is about thaumaturgy anyway, not about vis, it's not "Viscraft" ;) Arcanacraft doesn't roll off the tongue quite as much. Can't think of anything better, though.

demonblades
  • Location: on the Land of Tech and Gizmos, being the seer of time
  • Minecraft: Demonblades

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

i feel like we actually need more ways to do real magic. the wands are cool, but most aren't exactly "magic". I think more wands and seals that you can infuse into your armor. it would be awesome to be a walking seal. most seals would be nerfed, as if there full power was infused into the armor, it would be way OP. of course, there would have to be ways to embed essences into seals in your inventory, which would also save time later. imagine imbuing your armor with AFD, and being a walking flame-thrower. or doing ADA and drawing tons of items to you.
TG: im not a hero TG: my bro was
TG: john is TG: im not

TXMount
    TXMount

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Minecraft: TXmount

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Reposting/paraphrasing for brevity:

- One-shot paper seals/ward-papers (glyphs?) which provide a single effect when/where they're applied (create light, make tiny house, etc)
- Vis Diffuser: Same concept as Vis condenser, but reversed.  Placed crystal radiates vis into the aura more efficiently than natural crystal.
- "Summoner's Circle" (ritual? glyph? construct?) which isolates a chunk's aura from the neighboring chunks.  (seals in the freshness!)
- Freeflowing Quicksilver rivers/pools/geysers as a natural feature in the Nether.
- Taintacles implemented as a (Dark/???/???) trap Seal (perhaps hold/damage/drain lifeforce into local aura?)
- Orrery (don't care what it's for, I just want one for the looks Posted Image )  Perhaps an effect booster for the telescope?
- Power buildings that are actually a particular block configuration rather than a single placeable item.  Think Stonehenge.
- Expanded alchemic features building on the vanilla brew stand.  Vaporiser/distiller/alembic/lots of fiddly tubes and bottles.  Perhaps move the TC potions (purest magic/foulest taint etc) out of the infuser and into the brewing lab.
- As an adjunct to expanded alchemy, perhaps some additional herbs.  Mandrake, monkshood, mistletoe, other non-M herbs.
- Building on the herbal expansion, a thaumic greenhouse (possibly one of those buildable structures/not placeable items I mentioned 3 points ago).  Branch (hurr hurr) of research which allows you to create magical plants - cinderpearl/shimmerweed/silverleaf maybe not naturally occurring, but must be discovered/bred and grown?  Also attack plants (swordgrass, strangler vines, LASER SUNFLOWERS.)
- Seriously, Van de Graaff generators.  Possibly in the magi-tech Eldritch tree as a vis collector/storage unit, used to power devices within range (stable portals? research/enchanting tables?)
- Paired Seal which creates the Portable Hole effect between the two terminuses (termini?) when the player passes in front of either seal.  
- Paired Seal which acts as a dry water-ladder.  Antigrav seal? Jump to ascend, crouch to descend...
- oh, and the ability to fuse the Goggles effect into another helmet.
I am the Godzilla of relationships.  Once I've been there, there's nothing left but smoldering rubble and hysterical Japanese people.