Reposting/paraphrasing for brevity:
- One-shot paper seals/ward-papers (glyphs?) which provide a single effect when/where they're applied (create light, make tiny house, etc)
- Vis Diffuser: Same concept as Vis condenser, but reversed. Placed crystal radiates vis into the aura more efficiently than natural crystal.
- "Summoner's Circle" (ritual? glyph? construct?) which isolates a chunk's aura from the neighboring chunks. (seals in the freshness!)
- Freeflowing Quicksilver rivers/pools/geysers as a natural feature in the Nether.
- Taintacles implemented as a (Dark/???/???) trap Seal (perhaps hold/damage/drain lifeforce into local aura?)
- Orrery (don't care what it's for, I just want one for the looks
) Perhaps an effect booster for the telescope?
- Power buildings that are actually a particular block configuration rather than a single placeable item. Think Stonehenge.
- Expanded alchemic features building on the vanilla brew stand. Vaporiser/distiller/alembic/lots of fiddly tubes and bottles. Perhaps move the TC potions (purest magic/foulest taint etc) out of the infuser and into the brewing lab.
- As an adjunct to expanded alchemy, perhaps some additional herbs. Mandrake, monkshood, mistletoe, other non-M herbs.
- Building on the herbal expansion, a thaumic greenhouse (possibly one of those buildable structures/not placeable items I mentioned 3 points ago). Branch (hurr hurr) of research which allows you to create magical plants - cinderpearl/shimmerweed/silverleaf maybe not naturally occurring, but must be discovered/bred and grown? Also attack plants (swordgrass, strangler vines, LASER SUNFLOWERS.)
- Seriously, Van de Graaff generators. Possibly in the magi-tech Eldritch tree as a vis collector/storage unit, used to power devices within range (stable portals? research/enchanting tables?)
- Paired Seal which creates the Portable Hole effect between the two terminuses (termini?) when the player passes in front of either seal.
- Paired Seal which acts as a dry water-ladder. Antigrav seal? Jump to ascend, crouch to descend...
- oh, and the ability to fuse the Goggles effect into another helmet.