Latest News Article

Minecraft - The Earth - Europe

creation earth europe

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Build3000

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi everyone.
This is my first post on the minecraft forums.

A couple months ago I noticed the minecraft map 'The Earth' on the forums. It was epic and I didn't hesitate to download it.
Original builder of the plain map: salexp (http://www.minecraft...__ world earth)
As I live in Europe (Belgium), I first made a house on the spot of Brussels, it just was a house I would like to live in myself, nothing special really.

Brussels (Belgium)
Posted Image

After this, I got the idea of building houses on the specific coordinates of the capitals (I compared the minecraft-earth map with the sat maps).The houses would be typical for the country.

Londen (Great-Brittain)
Posted Image

Paris (France)
Posted Image

Bern (Switzerland)
Posted Image

Madrid (Spain)
Posted Image

I liked this concept, but I realised I couldn't keep this up. So I started building some monuments as representatives of the country (in which I build a house to live in).

The harbour of Rotterdam (The Netherlands) (the only one without sleeping accomodation)
Posted Image

Das Brandenburger Tor (Germany)
Posted Image

Die Karlskirche (Austria)
Posted Image

Torre de Belèm (Portugal)
Posted Image

Prasna Brana (Czech Republic)
Posted Image

Santa Coloma (Andorra)
Posted Image

The REN-building (Denmark)  (Designed by a Danisch architect, but build in Shanghai)
Posted Image

Oslo Opera (Norway)
Posted Image

For those interested to visit this map: I will put a link at the bottom of this post.
This map is NOT COMPLETE. I do not have much time so I cannot build very fast (I built this all alone). All the monuments have some thorough research: I compared a lot with pictures and if possible, I used the blueprint as the basis of my creations.
First reason I post this is to know your opinions of my creations. I know they aren't very big, but I cannot build a house as large as an entire country. (I tried to keep everything realistic).
If you want to, you can use this to make an adventure map, I already tried to hide some chests in the capitals.
Second reason I post this is to get some help. I tried to build a sofisticated train station, but I have some problems with the redstone circuitery.

You can find the map, the details about the trainstation, the coordinates of the capitals and more right here:
All the images together: http://imgur.com/a/XP7bB
The details and the coordinates: http://dl.dropbox.co...raft Earth.docx
The full map of the entire EARTH-map: http://dl.dropbox.co... earth map.docx
The EARTH-map: http://dl.dropbox.co...78865/world.rar

I hope I can get some feedback and help from you guys!
And I hope you'll have a wonderful day today! (KCCO)

Register or log in to remove.

mormel123

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Can you add the red light district at the Holland region? :S

SPASTIC
    SPASTIC

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Location: Out of this world in a land of wonderful people and culture, where there is no such thing as sexism,ageism and racism, LOL im joking... its Poland :D
  • Minecraft: MuffinLiberal

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

wheres poland?
Posted Image

Build3000

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postmormel123, on 13 May 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Can you add the red light district at the Holland region? :S

That is actually a great idea, that way I can also make 'sleeping' accomodation there! =D Thank you

View PostSPASTIC, on 13 May 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

wheres poland?

I'm still working on the map. I haven't been to Poland before, so I first finished the cities in which I do have been. Anyway, if you have a suggestion for a building in Warschaw, please tell me.

SPASTIC
    SPASTIC

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Location: Out of this world in a land of wonderful people and culture, where there is no such thing as sexism,ageism and racism, LOL im joking... its Poland :D

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostBuild3000, on 13 May 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

That is actually a great idea, that way I can also make 'sleeping' accomodation there! =D Thank you

I'm still working on the map. I haven't been to Poland before, so I first finished the cities in which I do have been. Anyway, if you have a suggestion for a building in Warschaw, please tell me.

Traditional Polish Manor:
http://us.123rf.com/...hingle-roof.jpg
Posted Image

themagickid
    themagickid

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Minecraft: themagickid

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

I like it :D!
Posted Image

Click on my signature for something awesome!

Build3000

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostSPASTIC, on 13 May 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Traditional Polish Manor:
http://us.123rf.com/...hingle-roof.jpg

Thank you very much! I've never been to Poland before so I never imagined they used pillars in their traditional style! Next capital I'll build'll definetely be Warschaw ;)

Defil3d40
  • Minecraft: Defil3d40

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostBuild3000, on 13 May 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Thank you very much! I've never been to Poland before so I never imagined they used pillars in their traditional style! Next capital I'll build'll definetely be Warschaw Posted Image

Warsaw*  :D Thank you for including Poland, really nice country. I visit almost every summer, it really is a gem, but does not get the attention in deserves.

SPASTIC
    SPASTIC

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostBuild3000, on 13 May 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Thank you very much! I've never been to Poland before so I never imagined they used pillars in their traditional style! Next capital I'll build'll definetely be Warschaw Posted Image

View PostDefil3d40, on 13 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Warsaw*  Posted Image Thank you for including Poland, really nice country. I visit almost every summer, it really is a gem, but does not get the attention in deserves.

Build3000:

You're welcome :)  and if this might inspire you i also found a video of Polands architecture, its mainly big builds (castles, cathedrals and stuff) but still, here:  

Defil3d40:

I totally agree :D I think that Poland has some beautiful lands, great people and food :P Although I'm polish I have never even seen a fraction of my country's beauty, if you want to see more of Poland i found a amazing video on youtube:

PS. guys none of these videos are mine, I'm just saying this so no one gets the wrong idea that I stole them and claimed them as mine.
Posted Image

cjx23
    cjx23

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Very innovative, I like it :D

DrumMaster4
  • Minecraft: DrumMaster4

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Wow. I remember downloading "The Earth" and exploring the heck out of it. At that point, it was absolutely wonderful terraforming. But I do remember the lack of some buildings. But that's OK. Because "The Earth - Europe" is out. It has builds in many capitals in Europe and the European landscape is generally quite nice.
Great work, keep it up. :Diamond:
Click here to get to my Links Hub.
From there, you can click to each of my topics [UPDATING SOON]

Build3000

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostDrumMaster4, on 17 May 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Wow. I remember downloading "The Earth" and exploring the heck out of it. At that point, it was absolutely wonderful terraforming. But I do remember the lack of some buildings. But that's OK. Because "The Earth - Europe" is out. It has builds in many capitals in Europe and the European landscape is generally quite nice.
Great work, keep it up. Posted Image

Thank you very much! Your text makes my work worth it =D (Really, you just gave me a nice peptalk to make up for my sh*tty day)

D1amondF1st
  • Minecraft: SevV

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Very cool idea! Also very well executed!
'Rawr!'

DrumMaster4
  • Minecraft: DrumMaster4

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostBuild3000, on 20 May 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Thank you very much! Your text makes my work worth it =D (Really, you just gave me a nice peptalk to make up for my sh*tty day)
Aww. Sh**ty days suck. They suck. But glad to know I could help
Click here to get to my Links Hub.
From there, you can click to each of my topics [UPDATING SOON]

RedParsec95
  • Minecraft: Red Parsec
  • Xbox:albgnco

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Did you continued with the proyect? Or did you leave it? It looked like awesome!

Fyrestreak

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hey guys does anyone have a link to coordinates for countries(USA)? I've been looking around and I couldn't find any for USA :c Specifically New York (New York City), Kentucky (Louisville), Washington (Seattle) Thank you in advance Running a tekkit server so the sooner the information the better.

Build3000

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostRedParsec95, on 23 September 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Did you continued with the proyect? Or did you leave it? It looked like awesome!

I continued the project and built some new (and bigger) buildings in the Capitals of Europe.
Shortly after though, I discovered the magic world of Technic, so the last months I've mainly played on my Technic World.
I've toyed with the idea of replacing my current 'world map' to my technic game so that I can use the redpower block to put greater detail in the buildings. However, this would increase the building time per building enormiously.
And to be honest, in some cities I don't even know what to build due to the humongous amount of cool buildings in that city (for example Rome, of all the astonishing buildings there, which one shall I build...)
If you want, I can upload the pictures of the new buildings.

View PostFyrestreak, on 21 October 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hey guys does anyone have a link to coordinates for countries(USA)? I've been looking around and I couldn't find any for USA :c Specifically New York (New York City), Kentucky (Louisville), Washington (Seattle) Thank you in advance Running a tekkit server so the sooner the information the better.

The way I found the exact location of the cities, was to compare the map of the minecraft world (downloadable on the internet) and some satelite/normal maps. Then I searched for some geographical markings (rivers etc.) to pin down the correct location.

Yarasso
    Yarasso

Carpenter

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

well done! :D you should head to sweden and build a replica of the Ericsson Globe arena :D

Build3000

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostYarasso, on 29 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

well done! Posted Image you should head to sweden and build a replica of the Ericsson Globe arena Posted Image
I already did xD, I just didn't upload the pictures yet.
To be honest, that building is currently the pride of my creations!

blacksabre98
  • Minecraft: blacksabre98

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Make an Australian house for us down under(:

Posted Image