Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Help on Samsung Galaxy Y

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

12Kenzy_1999
  • Minecraft: kenster1092

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

I need help on Minecraft.pocket edition running on my Samsung Galaxy Y and while it's installing, it aayw "Application not installed". What's going on here? I know it's compatible with my phone.
System specs:
Android 2.3.6
200 MB of RAM
1 GhZ processor
MC name: kenster1092
Join me on The Hive! I play The Herobrine,  Survival games and a few Arcade games!!!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

Not sure... Try installing it a few times, if it doesn't work again, try to install another app, if that doesn't work you'd have to ask an android dealership, if it's just minecraft try asking a mojang employee, specifically Daniel Kaplan since he's the only person who works on pe that has a twitter
Posted Image

ChessnessMonster
  • Minecraft: ChessnessMonster

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I agree with calling the Dealership, probably your best bet.
Posted Image

12Kenzy_1999

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

I don't do calls as I live in the Philippines and they require at least Php 20.00 of load to make a outgoing call, I'd rather E-mail him, if you know his E-Mail address. Thanks for the replies anyway. I'll try to keep this on top of the forum.
Edit: It's just only Minecraft which will not install. Astro file Manager and the others, including the ones from Samsung Apps work. Re-trying the install will not work, it just keeps popping up the "Application not installed" message with the green check beside it (that's totally odd, a install failure ends up with a green check).
Join me on The Hive! I play The Herobrine,  Survival games and a few Arcade games!!!
Posted Image

Kevin356
    Kevin356

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Clear your .android_secure, thats usually the cause. If your downloading if from another source than the market. Buy it and it will work.

_ChrisMCMine_
  • Minecraft: ChrisMCMine

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

maybe you downloaded a corrupted version. just buy it plz

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Quinny898
  • Minecraft: Quinny898

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

The Galaxy Y has a 600mhz armv6 processor, not a 1ghz armv7. There's your issue. Your device can't install it because the apk doesn't have the armeabi folder, just armeabi-v7a. And in your build.prop it will say armeabi only.

The Y will never be able to run PE basically, as it's armv6

XDA Recognised Contributor

Devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.2.2), Archos 80 G9 (Android 4.2.2), Acer D255 (Android 4.2.2, Ubuntu 12.10, Windoze 7 HP)

12Kenzy_1999

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

@Quinny898 I can overclock the CPU, but with the risk of heating up the smartphone. Or I'll try to use some program which can 'fool' the program into thinking that I have a armv-7 processor which actually, i have a armv-6 processor.
Edit: I cannot access .android-secure folder, it's not in the "My files" area.
Edit #2: I checked the .android_secure folder with Astro file viewer, it's empty, what should I do? Delete the folder?
Edit #3: I think I can circumvent the processor check by copying and pasting the same armeabi-7a into the same folder, but renaming it to armeabi instead. Still didn't work. I don't want to throw this Galaxy Y into the trash can nor return it because it is worth 120 U.S $ (note that is with the case and 'ScreenGuard')
Posted Image

Quinny898
  • Minecraft: Quinny898

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Post12Kenzy_1999, on 13 May 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

@Quinny898 I can overclock the CPU, but with the risk of heating up the smartphone. Or I'll try to use some program which can 'fool' the program into thinking that I have a armv-7 processor which actually, i have a armv-6 processor.
Edit: I cannot access .android-secure folder, it's not in the "My files" area.
Edit #2: I checked the .android_secure folder with Astro file viewer, it's empty, what should I do? Delete the folder?
Edit #3: I think I can circumvent the processor check by copying and pasting the same armeabi-7a into the same folder, but renaming it to armeabi instead. Still didn't work. I don't want to throw this Galaxy Y into the trash can nor return it because it is worth 120 U.S $ (note that is with the case and 'ScreenGuard')
You cannot "fool" the program into doing that, trust me. I develop ROMs...
Also, overclocking will make no difference

XDA Recognised Contributor

Devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.2.2), Archos 80 G9 (Android 4.2.2), Acer D255 (Android 4.2.2, Ubuntu 12.10, Windoze 7 HP)

darkside267
  • Minecraft: darkside267

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Forget about Mcpe on your phone,it has ARMv6 based cpu,even with fooling it will not work,Mcpe requires FPU( floating-point calculations ),that in ARMv7 based cpu's

12Kenzy_1999

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Such a disappointment. Oh well, I might as well erase all the data on the phone and restore it to factory data and setting and return it, buy a Galaxy S or S II
Posted Image

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

View Post12Kenzy_1999, on 15 May 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Such a disappointment. Oh well, I might as well erase all the data on the phone and restore it to factory data and setting and return it, buy a Galaxy S or S II
Buy the S II to support more functions when they add more things for stronger phones and tablets :POr you could actually wait a little but and buy the S III which I hear is almost here, but it will be expensive :o
Posted Image

SuriMinecraftRees

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm going to buy the samsung galaxy Y, then I can play mine craft?
if so, can it without lagg?