I just reinstalled Minecraft 1.2.5 last night and spent several hours trying to figure out why there was no sound when I'd log in and play. Through the course of that troubleshooting I've determined that the sound files are not downloading when the game updates. In my C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resources folder there is only a single newsound folder.
Here is what I've tried so far:
- Deleted the .minecraft folder and restarted the game
- Deleted the .minecraft folder, emptied the recycle bin, restarted the computer, then restarted the game
- Forced an update
- Right clicked and run as administrator while forcing an update
- Manually updated the .jar files
- Manually updated the AL .dll files
- Played for over an hour waiting for the files to download
- The F3 + S method
- Verified my sound is working (everything else works fine, just Minecraft is having this issue)
- Logged in through the browser version and played
Is there a way to notify whoever manages the download servers that they seem to be having some problems with the sound files?