14 replies to this topic

sgtcasey
    sgtcasey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I just reinstalled Minecraft 1.2.5 last night and spent several hours trying to figure out why there was no sound when I'd log in and play.  Through the course of that troubleshooting I've determined that the sound files are not downloading when the game updates.  In my C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resources folder there is only a single newsound folder.

Here is what I've tried so far:
  • Deleted the .minecraft folder and restarted the game
  • Deleted the .minecraft folder, emptied the recycle bin, restarted the computer, then restarted the game
  • Forced an update
  • Right clicked and run as administrator while forcing an update
  • Manually updated the .jar files
  • Manually updated the AL .dll files
  • Played for over an hour waiting for the files to download
  • The F3 + S method
  • Verified my sound is working (everything else works fine, just Minecraft is having this issue)
  • Logged in through the browser version and played
It just seems like the files are simply not being downloaded.  Any other ideas here?  The game is fun and I enjoy it but not so much without sound.

Is there a way to notify whoever manages the download servers that they seem to be having some problems with the sound files?

Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

sgtcasey
    sgtcasey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I should have posted here sooner.  My 5-year old was playing around on Minecraft and then came in all excited and said the sound was working.  I guess the sound file download just was taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

:)

withdrawn994

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

i am having exactly the same problem here aswell plz help us out!!!!!

YaHapppyCreeper

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

mine isnt downloading anything. mabye the download servers are just down. i cant even access minecraft.net

Calmzor
    Calmzor

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

F3 + S = Sound, started 3 days ago, everytime i login i get no sound, but pressing F3 + s = sound for me.

iByro
    iByro

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Minecraft: iByro

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Trick : Redownload everything , make new world. Wait 2-3 minute and let the sound download themselves.
It works for me.
I helped? Press the little arrow in the bottom right corner.

pikashroom1

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

i need a new resource folder it dissapeared except for the ambient noise

cmt1104
    cmt1104

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: cmt1104

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

View Postpikashroom1, on 22 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

i need a new resource folder it dissapeared except for the ambient noise

exactly the same thing that I have

Th3Darkgamer

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Delete your resources folder in the .minecraft folder and then force update

JordanCraft1
  • Minecraft: JordanCraft1

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

OK guys I have this problem figure it is the Minecraft not downloaded all the sound in the resources folder here is what I did...First I went and deleted . Minecraft had no sound then made a new world press f3+S then saved and I had some of the sounds just the menu click sound then I quieted the game started it then forced updated then go more sound back not all but I check .minecraft and I had sound new sound and music I think so I started up game again then went saved game and then dug some grass up saved and quieted check . .minecraft then all my sound files were back... try this and tell me if it works...
A man always has two reasons a GOOD reason and the REAL reason :P

camo32567

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostJordanCraft1, on 06 June 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

OK guys I have this problem figure it is the Minecraft not downloaded all the sound in the resources folder here is what I did...First I went and deleted . Minecraft had no sound then made a new world press f3+S then saved and I had some of the sounds just the menu click sound then I quieted the game started it then forced updated then go more sound back not all but I check .minecraft and I had sound new sound and music I think so I started up game again then went saved game and then dug some grass up saved and quieted check . .minecraft then all my sound files were back... try this and tell me if it works...

it worked but every time u have too press f3+s is there a way to fix that?

googlesplat

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! Ok so i deleted .minecraft and force updated to get a new one. When i created a world i keep the newsound folder in .minecraft open so i could see it. And after about 3-5 minutes of waiting and walking around i pressed F3+s and the sound files just appeared. Step,random, so fourth. For those who this still wont work heres a link to the entire Sound folder. Your Weclome Posted Image!
http://www.mediafire...qfv25lq2oc6vvlb
Posted Image

SmiteCraftPvP

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostYaHapppyCreeper, on 19 May 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

mine isnt downloading anything. mabye the download servers are just down. i cant even access minecraft.net
OMG I CANT ACCESS MINECRAFT.NET ASWELL

Baba_Creeper

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Okay because I had this problem, I kept deleting minecraft and re downloading it, however I eventually realsied that the resources folder was empty... to get to this i type in %appdata% in the search bar when you got  your start menu, and a minecraft folder is found, so I click on that and it brings up a folder with folders in. There is one that says resources.. or should be.
So I downloaded this .. http://www.mediafire...qfv25lq2oc6vvlb
And extracted the files using winrar to the minecraft folder.
And then I checked the resources folder and they were all there. So I went on to minecraft. it didnt work, so I came off and logged in again. This time the sounds were there :D
I hope this helps :)
RAWR! ^^

ThePieLord

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

googlesplat, can you post this as a folder so that i can get it, i got a mov