• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 360 Split Screen Requirement HD?

minecraft xbox 360 split hd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MaxwellDavidZeigler

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hi I'm only 12 years old so I don't make any money (just throwing that out there)
and I saved up and bought 1600 Microsoft Point so I could get Minecraft for Xbox360
But when i got it I found out online that I need HDMI Cord/HDTV to play with my brother
on splitscreen i've spent hours trying to figure out a way around it but there is none so
I was wondering if that's ever gonna be taken out so we can play.
I also found it weird that my tv on the front says HD TV and on the box it says HD 1080i and it says
minecraft needs 720p so i found that extremly odd on why we can't play.

PLEASE HELP ME

Edit:
Oh and by the way I actually do have a HDMI cable I found on my Blue Ray Player but idk how to hook it up.
If you know how to please give me step by step instructions or like a video or something

MUCH APPRECIATED
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Even if you have an HDTV, your Xbox needs to be hooked to it via HDMI or Component Cables (not Red/White/Yellow but Red/Green/Blue for video and Red/White for audio) otherwise you can't play splitscreen. If you Xbox is hooked to the TV with one of those two cables, make sure your Xbox 360 system settings are set to display in HD.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

pewday
    pewday

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

OKAY so no. you DONT actually need a HDMI cable! you can also use a componant HD AV cable if you have one. (its the one with 6 wires instead of 3[google it if you dont know exactly what it looks like]) this is the annoying part that i had to figure out all by myself, but what you have to do is set the switch on the A/V connector (the hd AV cable switch) and then go to your system settings, display, then set the res. to 1080i   (not as nice as 1080p but that was the ONLY way I got it to work) then just go into minecraft and turn on 2 controllers sign in on both and cross your fingers it says press start when you join ;)
HOPE I HELPED YOU OUT... took me forever to figure this shit out myself+ made an account just to help some people with similar problems as i had
i hope that that all made since... if it didnt then my bad XD anyways GL
-brofist

Reikcraft
  • Minecraft: Raisu4

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Yes but you need an HDTV for it..........shitty, just shitty.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostReikcraft, on 12 May 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Yes but you need an HDTV for it..........shitty, just shitty.
I'm flabbergasted, yes I said flabbergasted, at how people can not have an HDTV. If you can afford something like an Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 games, then you can easily afford an HDTV. I don't know why everyone thinks they are so expensive. You can get some pretty decent HDTVs for only $100.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

Reikcraft
  • Minecraft: Raisu4

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostMcAngusYoung, on 12 May 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

I'm flabbergasted, yes I said flabbergasted, at how people can not have an HDTV. If you can afford something like an Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 games, then you can easily afford an HDTV. I don't know why everyone thinks they are so expensive. You can get some pretty decent HDTVs for only $100.
I got my Xbox360 1,5 years ago, so much things can change in more than one year -.- .

hotcheese3365
  • Location: Well I am Probably Playing minecraft so at my computer
  • Minecraft: iMHotcheese

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

yes you do need HD Because the 2 screens are cut in half The Screen Quality Needs to be better If that Makes Sense?