Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Bukkit Color Code

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DarkVegito

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hi,

I recently downloaded and launched my Bukkit server and I have been having problems with it.

I downloaded Essentials Core and Essentials GroupManager and I have been having problems with the color especially with GroupManager. I did not change any config.yml files yet. but I do have the color set in the prefix for group manager for all the groups and it does not work. (I have tested it on all the groups)

Secondly in the essentials config file, the color for an Op is set to 'C'. I opped my self and when I chat, i get no color. I downloaded nChat but still no luck.

I do have the EssentialsGroupBridge.jar.

Absolutely any help would be appreciated. I really want the colors to work.

Thanks,

Register or log in to remove.

bloodwi11
    bloodwi11

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 130 posts
  • Minecraft: bloodwi11
  • Xbox:bloodwi11

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

i belive what you need to do is instead of using "C" try &c most chat plugins essentials included require some sort of symbol to change color, if your wanting to add custom colors to player ranks as well with group manager you can do so by setting a prefix and adding the specific color.

This might be of some help as well http://www.minecraft...col#Color_Codes

DarkVegito

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for the reply but no luck. I do have the & symbol in the prefix for groupmanager and now I added it to the op and still didn't work. Now I have something weird to tell. I went to a different computer and logged in and there the colors were working but they are not working on my computer and my friends computer. Does that mean that possibly my computer isn't good enough to meet the requirements needed to display the colors in chat. (Doesn't sound right to me. It's just some colors)

Reply would be appreciated!

bloodwi11
    bloodwi11

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 130 posts
  • Minecraft: bloodwi11
  • Xbox:bloodwi11

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

it may just be something to do with your client, i would say try force updating it and see if that corrects the issues

DarkVegito

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yes it worked. Thank you!