• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Two player mode on one screen (PC)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

xFelipe411x

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

The Xbox 360 version can play two players on one screen and I thought ...Why not on the PC? It would be easy now I explain my ideas:

It would implement a new option called Two players,when they click they will come out Click the mouse left click on the first player,and then the same for the second player and so you would know that mouse is for each player.

The first player controls will be the same and the second player will be these:

- To move the arrow keys.
- To bend down ctrl
- Enter for jump
- To open the inventory any key as the M or R whichever is available
-The mouse wheel to change the object

I think not that hard to do I hope you like my idea and put it in the next versions.

Greetings!

PS:I'm using the google translator pardon for the faults.

Register or log in to remove.

xFelipe411x

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

But would be nice to put him in the original game with the buttons I said.
I do not think they cost too much.

CzerPL
    CzerPL

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Good idea

jc3833
    jc3833

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

i like it kinda, but it would be kinda difficult 4 players
Posted Image

View PostPrince_Deity, on 09 July 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

Don't defend stupidity, it just adds to yours.

Ging_Ning
  • Minecraft: Ging_Ning

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

This is multiplayer yes?

Like me and my friend on seperate computers?

If so Yes!

On Single then HELL NO!
Posted Image

chris123456789

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

wouldnt work to be honest would be really hard on one keyboard

xFelipe411x

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yes,it would be difficult, but with the buttons that I mentioned would be quite easy.

Jacknos123
  • Minecraft: Jacknos123

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

that sounds really cool, I like the idea.
Wanna have a staring contest?

Jawz_cod
    Jawz_cod

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

This would be great idea!
Notch I hope you see this and implement it! :)
Posted Image
Give me your internet! :)

Bloxdude44

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostJawz_cod, on 20 February 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

This would be great idea!
Notch I hope you see this and implement it! Posted Image

One, this idea sounds very complicated. There is only so much room on a keyboard, and two people using it at the saem time sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Two, this thread was started like a year ago Jawz-cod. You necro-bumped it.

Can a mod close this thread?

Oh, and No Support.

Moriki
    Moriki

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostxFelipe411x, on 12 May 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yes,it would be difficult, but with the buttons that I mentioned would be quite easy.
You just contradicted yourself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your brain is so powerful, it would take a state of the art computer the size of a factory to come even close to matching the processing power.

Psycodragons

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

This idea is terrible. The PC only has so much RAM it can allocate, and a dynamic split screen is a disaster waiting to happen.
Pokemon Fangirl
Posted Image
Friend Code: 4914-4107-3147 Be sure to PM me! Safari Type: Electric Pokemon: Pacurichu, Stunfisk, (Hidden) Manectric
Now with dapper new 3D model. Note: I may take a while to get around to a PM.

Badprenup
    Badprenup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 10979 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostPsycodragons, on 20 February 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

This idea is terrible. The PC only has so much RAM it can allocate, and a dynamic split screen is a disaster waiting to happen.
Well the idea itself isn't bad, it would just be hard as hell to implement currently. The way I see it requires two things to happen:
  • A lot of optimization to make gameplay in general a lot smoother (multi-core CPU support, easier way to allocate RAM, partial engine and system rewrites)
  • The ability to read raw input from controllers (not exactly needed, but would be easier than two people sharing a keyboard)

Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.

ducky215
    ducky215

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

With gamepads I guess this could happen, but correct me if I'm wrong but computers can't distinguish which mouse is controlling the cursor.
Here is my signature. If you like it, I am amazed.

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

The game would need to be optimized for many controller inputs. The performance would also need some reworking to not only keep all players in sync, but to correctly re-render things when players look in different areas. I do support the idea, but I can't see it happening. I'd make good use of it if this existed.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

xSatuim
    xSatuim

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3101 posts
  • Minecraft: Satuim

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

If we could use a controller it would be better and/or keyboard it would be much better

P.S What font do you post in, It looks awesome
This account is unused!
NEW ACCOUNT

AnonTheMouse

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostPsycodragons, on 20 February 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

The Xbox version has split-screen. Do you mean to tell me that the Xbox has limitless RAM?! We must storm Microsoft's headquarters immediately, and force them to put infinite RAM on PC's, and not just game consoles!

Dramatic exaggeration aside, with the exception of older PCs, a home computer is generally able to have better hardware than a gaming console. Also, people can generally check the specs of their hardware, so its a simple matter of "If your computer can't handle it, don't use it.". However, while that may not be a good argument, I do have a minor concern regarding the controls. Specifically...two players, two cameras, one mouse. The OP does a good enough job working out how to split one keyboard, but last I checked, most PCs don't have two mice, as they expect them to have. Admittedly, there's not really a good solution to this, since you can't guarantee everyone will have a game pad, either, but the fact is that I think it makes this a bit of a niche feature. It's reasonable to assume that someone playing on console might have what they need to play split-screen and the extra controller to do so. It's a bit less reasonable to assume PC players will, not to mention that televisions are often larger than computer monitors, making them better able to accommodate two viewpoints. So, I can't support this idea, simply from a lack of practicality.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

jimmybobby
  • Minecraft: jimmybobby

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostBadprenup, on 20 February 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

Well the idea itself isn't bad, it would just be hard as hell to implement currently. The way I see it requires two things to happen:
  • A lot of optimization to make gameplay in general a lot smoother (multi-core CPU support, easier way to allocate RAM, partial engine and system rewrites)

• The ability to read raw input from controllers (not exactly needed, but would be easier than two people sharing a keyboard)
I agree with you,
I suggest one player has keyboard, and mouse. As computer cannot use two - the opposite way that the Wii notices two Remotes etc.
Instead, we have a PC compatible Xbox controller - yes they exist.
This technology has been used in DiRT 3, possibly more - I know this because I have it.

Always quote me if you want a reply.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler: Want a challenge?

GrieferFreak

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

You can take two logitech dual action controllers and play on the same PC? That would be great.

Support!

forged_in_flames
  • Location: Earth, the solar system, the milky way, in the universe
  • Minecraft: Flame_Hazard

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

no this is stupid just have two computers and a LAN world. really its not that hard...

Note: my two favorite words when talking/ replying are however and personally