• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Server Lag on minecraft xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

awesomedude23

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Every time i start a server i never get lag but when somebody joins i still don't get lag but they do. They can't mine, place, or open things. When i join a server i lag like that! Does anybody else know about this, or is it just my xbox? And if you do, please fix it Mojang

Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

ItsGString
  • Location: Aruba, Jamaica, Ohh I wanna take ya, to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama, to Keylargo, Montego, baby why dont we go down to Kokomo!
  • Xbox:garrettvan

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

View Postawesomedude23, on 11 May 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Every time i start a server i never get lag but when somebody joins i still don't get lag but they do. They can't mine, place, or open things. When i join a server i lag like that! Does anybody else know about this, or is it just my xbox? And if you do, please fix it Mojang

Thanks!
Its probably just your connection. What kind of internet do you have? Because I was playing on a server with 4 other friends today and it wasn't that laggy. Sure there were some lag spikes and some people lagged out a few times but thats to be expected with such a huge release and its only the second day the games been out. The servers are bound to suck.
I can't figure out how to do the achievement get thing, so.... yeah

Merrunz
    Merrunz

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Minecraft: Merrunz
  • Xbox:iBIanKz

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

That would be your internet.

T1Famous

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

You can beg Mojang to fix it all you want but they ain't going to do anything.

On topic - I had the same problem as you are, I just turned off my xbox and reset my router and now I don't get any problems, maybe the same may work for you?
Posted Image

Devlinium

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

living in the country in NZ we have horrible internet, but I can manage 2-3 people from NZ without too much lag.
playing with anyone internationally is far too laggy, and no there's not alot mojang ot 4j can do.

try to play with people in your country/city
call your isp for better internet

ZenMN
    ZenMN

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Minecraft: ZenMN
  • Xbox:ZenMN

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostT1Famous, on 11 May 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

You can beg Mojang to fix it all you want but they ain't going to do anything.

On topic - I had the same problem as you are, I just turned off my xbox and reset my router and now I don't get any problems, maybe the same may work for you?

Mojang have nothing to do with the Xbox Arcade version. It's 4J Studios who did the port.

It's sounds exactly like it's your connection. You need a relatively fast connection for Minecraft as opposed to something like CoD, due to the amount of information, and the fact that host IS THE SERVER.

PippN
    PippN

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I have a very good connection and I've experienced bad lag consistently on Xbox whenever I play multiplayer. Not sure if there is any solutions besides "Power Cycle your Modem and Router", "It's your connection", "Mine works fine".

LimboTrack

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wow, Just realised how old this topic is...