• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[SSP] [SMP] [1.6.4] The Eternal Frost, Would you like to see the inverse of the nether ? [A new Dimension, new mobs and mores ! ..] [V1.9b1]

dimension / heaven ?

• Please log in to reply
1136 replies to this topic

MrSteveee

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks!It worked now!This is a very nice mod! DiamondPosted Image  for you, frend!

Register or log in to remove.

luckysun3
  • Minecraft: luckysun3

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

It's a good mod, I like the idea. But, the textures bug me. A lot of them just don't feel right, they don't blend with the other textures around them. And the wood looks kinda ugly, I'm sure this will be fixed in the future, I'm just giving my input.
Posted Image
Slowpoke is master-race! >:L

poiuytrezay
  • Minecraft: Shade_Terror

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postluckysun3, on 11 February 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

It's a good mod, I like the idea. But, the textures bug me. A lot of them just don't feel right, they don't blend with the other textures around them. And the wood looks kinda ugly, I'm sure this will be fixed in the future, I'm just giving my input.
Yes that's right, since 3 version I try to retexture every thing to be in accordance but I'm not really good :( But I'll just keep triing since I don't get the perfect texture :)
Posted Image

bigboss97

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

thanks now i can enjoy this awesome mod!
[url="http://www.minecraft...pic/833003-100"][img]http://i.imgur.com/m6yxj.png[/img][/url]

ShagMonster

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I finally got the server up and running without a crash, but when I connected and tried to place an ice obsidian block (to build the portal), it immediately disappears, as does my entire stack of ice obsidian that I'm holding. THEN I realized that I forgot to install Forge to the server first. After that, it worked fine. Just sharing this in case anyone has a similar issue Posted Image

Some feedback on the mod:

Things I like...
+ I like the mod in general. Nice work, thanks for making it and keeping it updated, and special thanks for staying engaged with us users and taking criticism really well.
+ The overall "look and feel" of the mod. I like the fact that it doesn't stuff a bunch of new crap in the overworld, but instead leaves the overworld mostly vanilla, except for a few new recipes required to get to the Freezer.
+ Deepfrozen Ice formations, both the stalactites and stalagmites... cool idea. (no pun intended)
+ The fact that there is a surface to reach on top of the world is a bonus. Might I suggest more going on up there, such as villages, or other interesting generated structures?

Things I don't like so much...
- I can't seem to place Snowbark Wood on its side.
- I think I remember reading that you implemented the way dungeonblocks work for performance reasons, but spawning dungeons this way seems quite "weird" to me. It makes it much harder to locate a dungeon, like a needle in a haystack. But dungeons are very important to the experience, so I'd rather have it this way than no dungeons at all.
- The animation for falling Frozen Sand seems to not be there. The sand just disappears then reappears where it fell to.

This feedback is from someone who has spent a lot of time looking over this mod, but very little time actually playing it (was waiting for SMP to get fixed). So, maybe I'm being ignorant, but that's what I have so far. I hope it helps. My intention is to play this mod together with Twilight Forest, which I think is an incredible mod.

Thanks again!

Laloth
    Laloth

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well so this happened when i made a world :P idk y or what i changed biomes id and world id everything and it is still happening their is nothing in console and its just the world not the textures http://prntscr.com/sf1s4 here are the mods we r using in the back https://docs.google....Z5QmdZeFE#gid=0 if you need access to the pack just pm me

poiuytrezay

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostShagMonster, on 11 February 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

I finally got the server up and running without a crash, but when I connected and tried to place an ice obsidian block (to build the portal), it immediately disappears, as does my entire stack of ice obsidian that I'm holding. THEN I realized that I forgot to install Forge to the server first. After that, it worked fine. Just sharing this in case anyone has a similar issue Posted Image

Some feedback on the mod:

Things I like...
+ I like the mod in general. Nice work, thanks for making it and keeping it updated, and special thanks for staying engaged with us users and taking criticism really well.
+ The overall "look and feel" of the mod. I like the fact that it doesn't stuff a bunch of new crap in the overworld, but instead leaves the overworld mostly vanilla, except for a few new recipes required to get to the Freezer.
+ Deepfrozen Ice formations, both the stalactites and stalagmites... cool idea. (no pun intended)
+ The fact that there is a surface to reach on top of the world is a bonus. Might I suggest more going on up there, such as villages, or other interesting generated structures?

Things I don't like so much...
- I can't seem to place Snowbark Wood on its side.
- I think I remember reading that you implemented the way dungeonblocks work for performance reasons, but spawning dungeons this way seems quite "weird" to me. It makes it much harder to locate a dungeon, like a needle in a haystack. But dungeons are very important to the experience, so I'd rather have it this way than no dungeons at all.
- The animation for falling Frozen Sand seems to not be there. The sand just disappears then reappears where it fell to.

This feedback is from someone who has spent a lot of time looking over this mod, but very little time actually playing it (was waiting for SMP to get fixed). So, maybe I'm being ignorant, but that's what I have so far. I hope it helps. My intention is to play this mod together with Twilight Forest, which I think is an incredible mod.

Thanks again!
Thanks for your feedback,
The village are planed I will not say more Posted Image
I didn't know that the wood couldn't be placed in side, it'll be corrected. The frozen sand animation is a long date bug I can't correct, I still look for it. For the dungeon block, it force you to explore, cause dungeon block are common( approximatly 3 per chunk ) and therefore lot of them are on surface ( top of the block in cave ), but I'll found a solution to make them less weird.

View PostLaloth, on 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Well so this happened when i made a world Posted Image idk y or what i changed biomes id and world id everything and it is still happening their is nothing in console and its just the world not the textures http://prntscr.com/sf1s4 here are the mods we r using in the back https://docs.google....Z5QmdZeFE#gid=0 if you need access to the pack just pm me
Can you say me some things ? What are the ID's of the block who have the wrong texture ?
Posted Image

bril
    bril

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I just noticed that anything I mine that hits water is instantly destroyed.  I can see the resource created but a split second later it is just gone.  I also noticed that mobs are taking damage from being in water but I am not?  I have not updated yet, something for later this week and perhaps it was one of the bugs you fixed.

Gwenini
    Gwenini

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

The first dimension mod that I actually found good... This... IS AMAZING... This mod basically adds a total new challenge for you in the other dimension, and you could easily live on it and don't even notice you're there... just awesome...

So, since I've found this so amazingly awesome, I have a request (more like a challenge) to you... when you "finish" the mod (or course you're never going to finish it since it'll always have new stuff/content), you should make a nether enhancement mod. In my own opinion... the nether is borring, and there's almost nothing to do there... there's barely mobs, there's no dirt, there's no threes, and I always thought it was missing something... so, it would be fantastic if you could "enhance" the nether, adding more stuff to it, like you're doing with this. I would be eternally grateful if you do that, and I'll pretty much consider you the best modder around this forums. So there's your challenge, hope you accept it, would be fantastic to see what you're capable of doing.

Awesome job, keep it up!

Laloth
    Laloth

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postpoiuytrezay, on 12 February 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Can you say me some things ? What are the ID's of the block who have the wrong texture ?

Well TBH i don't know what the block is i am guessing it is the grass and i have redone the whole config at least twice but anyways here it is:

Spoiler:

Doc_Mat
    Doc_Mat

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postkoolasad, on 10 May 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Wow. This is pretty awesome. Not as developed and unique as the Aether though (just being honest). Of course, over time it has the potential to surpass the Aether mod and become an awesome Minecraft expansion download.
The problem is that a lot of the Nether stuff is just taken and given a new ice theme, which isnt too innovative. It's nice, but not really cool or fun to just change the theme of the same mobs and blocks/items to a frost theme.
Try adding items with special powers and mobs with unique characteristics and abilities. How about a Yeti that you can tame so it will fight for you? It can shoot ice shards that cause slowed movement.

Totally agreed! This mod has tons of potential! Complete replacements of some mobs (like Creepers and Spiders) would be cool. Maybe a "Cloud Floor" ... and you've probably been asked before- but would you make this compatible with other "New Realm Mods"? I don't know much in the way of coding Java, but I might be able to help out with models if need be. I've been using 3ds max since 2002 and have started playing around with Techne.

james815
    james815

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

considering my username is ice_cracker i take the carictar seiriously this is the perfect mod

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Are you planning on releasing any of the source code?
I would just like to see how big your structure generation files are XD.
Posted Image

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive runescape minecraft mod!
There is now a wiki for the mod! http://scape-craft.w...cape_craft_Wiki

LeafBane1

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

My brother will love this. Nuff said.

Zassi12
    Zassi12

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: Zassi12

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

can i change the block/world/item ids somewhere have a conflict with thaumcraft but dont want to change the ids from thaumcraft

or better said i cant change the ids from thaumcraft or all ores would be replaced with blue fire or so

Blakroze
    Blakroze

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

I was wondering if the mod creator would mind if I made a letsplay of this mod?

mersumies
  • Minecraft: Mainaajamersu

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Nevermind, this comment was stupid and meaningless
Posted Image
Please only click this egg every 2 days or so to prevent it from dying of sickness
(Apparently the first one died of sickness before hatching, R.I.P Mr. Fire)
(The second one died too, screw it, I'll just name him Mr. Bonafart) R.I.P Mr. Fire & Mr. Bonafart

lcrcl
    lcrcl

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

i am using a bunch of other mods, i got the block id's to all work and the game to load, but when i place a portal block and try to go through this happens.

Spoiler:

this error happens when the dimension number is set to 4, 5, 17, and 15.  this specific copy and paste is from when it was set to 5.  i didnt think 17 or 15 would work (by default the config has it at 4) but all my other slots were full.  im using divine rpg, dimensional doors, twilight forest, moon mod, and those all work together but maybe this mod just isnt compatible with those.

i know compatibility isnt a priority so this is probably a waste of time for you.  i havent seen this mod since before 1.0.0.  the above ground section looks like a really cool addition.

View Postmersumies, on 17 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Nevermind, this comment was stupid and meaningless
so it isn't stupid and meaningless?

poiuytrezay

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postbril, on 12 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I just noticed that anything I mine that hits water is instantly destroyed.  I can see the resource created but a split second later it is just gone.  I also noticed that mobs are taking damage from being in water but I am not?  I have not updated yet, something for later this week and perhaps it was one of the bugs you fixed.
Strange, normally water hurt you

View PostLaloth, on 12 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Well TBH i don't know what the block is i am guessing it is the grass and i have redone the whole config at least twice but anyways here it is:

Spoiler:
Dunno why this bug happen, try to change the ID of the frozen stone.

View PostDoc_Mat, on 14 February 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Totally agreed! This mod has tons of potential! Complete replacements of some mobs (like Creepers and Spiders) would be cool. Maybe a "Cloud Floor" ... and you've probably been asked before- but would you make this compatible with other "New Realm Mods"? I don't know much in the way of coding Java, but I might be able to help out with models if need be. I've been using 3ds max since 2002 and have started playing around with Techne.
You can help me with model ! I really need it ! Could you try to make a polar bear ? :)

View PostBlakroze, on 17 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

I was wondering if the mod creator would mind if I made a letsplay of this mod?
Sure you can make a letsplay ^^

View PostZassi12, on 17 February 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

can i change the block/world/item ids somewhere have a conflict with thaumcraft but dont want to change the ids from thaumcraft

or better said i cant change the ids from thaumcraft or all ores would be replaced with blue fire or so
You can, there is a config for this =)
Posted Image

MCKing82
    MCKing82

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Minecraft: MCKing82

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hey this is amazing, but I think you should make the eternal crafting table just for eternal things and the normal crafting table just for normal things. I also think you should do the same thing for the eternal enchantment table and enchantment table.

I hope you take my suggestions into consideration

Happy Mining
Posted Image Posted Image