• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[SSP] [SMP] [1.6.4] The Eternal Frost, Would you like to see the inverse of the nether ? [A new Dimension, new mobs and mores ! ..] [V1.9b1]

dimension / heaven ?

• Please log in to reply
1139 replies to this topic

poiuytrezay
  • Minecraft: Shade_Terror

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

POPULAR

Posted ImagePlease be so kind and comment your thoughts about my project if you have taken your time to check this thread (if you like it, click on Posted Image on the thread post) and also upon commenting here is an advice to reduce confusion:
  • This is not a mod package, all planning, coding and every other design solution has been done by myself, tools used: Eclipse, Notepad++, Paint.net, Minecraft Coder Pack, Modloader, Pudelhund's Dimension API, Techne.
  • I'm always open to suggestions, if you have one post it regardless weather it has been already suggested or not, because posts are lost very quickly under numerous thread pages.

The Team :

- Poiuytrezay : Well, It's me, pretty much everything

- Dylan4ever : Ideas for the mod.

​- Exacat : Texturer, Ideas.

​- KnightOfIce and Kinski4114 : Did one or two texture.

- Pastorale : Modeler/ Helped for generation too.

Posted Image

Release Date Windows: 2012
Release Date Linux: 2012
Multiplayer support: SMP support.

Copyright:
Spoiler:
Posted Image

I started this mod on a simple idea came to me being like that, I wanted to create a mod like the nether.So I started modding this mod : The Eternal Frost.This mod is a "dimension", so it adds the ability to teleport to another dimension I have called the Freezer, to teleport there, nothing more simple, just create "The flint and diamond" and create a portal to the nether normal but with ice obsidian ( Look at recipe ), and use the flint and diamond =)In the Freezer, you'll end up underground in a beautiful world made ​​of stone freezer, ice, snow and water "half cold" that will make the damage. You will find of course frozen glowstone.

The additions of the mod :
Spoiler:

Posted Image

By Uberagon ( Good Preview, oudated ) :

By VoidsWrath ( Awesome Preview, imcomplete since it don't show the surface ) :

German Video : ( Good Preview, outdated )

More Videos :
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More Screens :
Spoiler:
Blocks :
Spoiler:
Items :
Spoiler:
Recipes :
Spoiler:
Tools :
Spoiler:
Armors set :
Spoiler:
Specials :
Spoiler:
Monsters :
Spoiler:
Farming :
Spoiler:
Structures who generate in the Eternal Frost ( The best part in my opinion ) :
Spoiler:
Biomes :
Spoiler:
Posted Image

Read that before play this mod ( IMPORTANT ) :
Spoiler:

[ Singleplayer ]:   
Spoiler:

[Multiplayer ]:
Spoiler:

Version History and previous version:
Spoiler:

To do list :
Spoiler:
Posted Image

If you want to support my mod, here is the signature :
Posted Image

Just copy/paste this image on your signature ^^

Proud of being member of team melanistic. ---> http://www.team-melanistic.co
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

koolasad
    koolasad

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Minecraft: asadr95

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Wow. This is pretty awesome. Not as developed and unique as the Aether though (just being honest). Of course, over time it has the potential to surpass the Aether mod and become an awesome Minecraft expansion download.
The problem is that a lot of the Nether stuff is just taken and given a new ice theme, which isnt too innovative. It's nice, but not really cool or fun to just change the theme of the same mobs and blocks/items to a frost theme.
Try adding items with special powers and mobs with unique characteristics and abilities. How about a Yeti that you can tame so it will fight for you? It can shoot ice shards that cause slowed movement.

yourock129
  • Minecraft: yourock129

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Woe this looks amazing! I'll definitively try this out real quick!

Posted Image

Pastorale

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow, so amazing ! Keep the great work !

MikeTheShadowSage
  • Minecraft: jirachifan6

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

I can fix all smp bugs that you may have. Any bugs i should be aware of, if you actually let me on your coding team?

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.

The_K
    The_K

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Well since it doesn't use forge I just ran out of item sprites. I could fix it by removing some mods to open slots up, however, judging by the amount of blocks alone in this mod that could be just about all my non-forge mods.
Posted Image

MikeTheShadowSage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

@ the OP, If there all around the original res, i can Implement Minecraft Forge for ya.

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.

Exelbirth

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Just a suggestion for when they re-add ice being farmable with silk touch again, make the portal out of ice blocks. Kinda fits the theme I think. There's a couple things you could do without, like the frost wheat, unless that adds a potion effect such as fire resistance, or perhaps frost resistance.
Greetings everyone. My name is Exelbirth, AKA "The Mage King." I have a steadily growing youtube channel with daily uploads of multiple Let's Play series. To check it out, click this link --> http://www.youtube.c.../darkpheonix005

Stillit
    Stillit

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

this is going to be just like the ather, because this is exactly how it started out.

twinsonian

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

awesome work!

MikeTheShadowSage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostStillit, on 10 May 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

this is going to be just like the ather, because this is exactly how it started out.
What do you mean by that?

Posted Image

Ditto64
    Ditto64

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Minecraft: Ditto64

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostMikeTheShadowSage, on 10 May 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

What do you mean by that?
I think he means when the next update comes, this mod won't be able to keep up with the updates, similar to the Aether.
Posted Image

MikeTheShadowSage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostDitto64, on 10 May 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I think he means when the next update comes, this mod won't be able to keep up with the updates, similar to the Aether.
Well, if i am allowed onto the team, ill make sure that NEVER happens, when it comes to updates and bugfixes, im your man!

Posted Image

MagicShamrock

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

i have tried many times to get this mod to work can some one send me all the minecraft files with the mod included? if so thank you soo much.

MikeTheShadowSage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostMagicShamrock, on 10 May 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

i have tried many times to get this mod to work can some one send me all the minecraft files with the mod included? if so thank you soo much.
If you mean the Minecraft .jar thats illegal.

Posted Image

TheAttendee
  • Minecraft: The Attendee
  • Xbox:A Non E Mass

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Damn this is pretty in-depth. Wish it used forge sprites though since there are so many.

Also, I opened up the download and was taken aback by the sheer amount of base classes. Then I noticed that the majority of them were Forge itself. Is there any reason why this comes with Forge packaged inside it?

Posted Image

Also see: The Attendee's HD Texture Upgrades for Mods (RP2, BC, IC2, & More!)

Secret
    Secret

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

this is to make the installation easier, cause according to the modder poiuytrezay, the mod without the forge and modloader files requires installing the applications in a fixed order (Modloader->Puddlehund's dimension API->Forge->Eternal frost mod) else the mod would not work (NB might get the order wrong here)

wolxe
    wolxe

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Maybe have different layers in the generation, like have the top layer how it is now. The second layer would be a frozen plane full of ice/snow with only a small amount of pillars leading between the layers to create more of a frozen landscape, and have the last layer just be the caves/dungeons you already have? Also in addition to the snowstorms you plan to add, try making it so void fog in on and increased as you get lower to make it seem more coldish?

flamingdragons_1
  • Minecraft: flamingdragons_1

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Very nice looking mod, gonna try and install it.

Will it work if I already have a minecraft world? With all my stuff?

Posted Image

Slidedrum
  • Minecraft: milkdonny
  • PSN:Slidedrum

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

looks cool i think i will check it out later.
Posted Image
if you would not mind doing me a favor and pressing that little + button? thanks!