Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:52 AM
I'm not quite sure this is he right section so feel free to move it.
So Minecraft just came out for the Xbox 360 and you really want to play MC with a controller on PC?
This migh help! I spent a couple of hours earlier today tweaking Xpadded in order to have it work the best I could. This is the result. This Xpadder profile gives you the best experience with an Xbox controler but I'm sure it's easily useable with other gamepads.
Instead of using the Minecraft for Xbox 360 controls, this one is closer to the Skyrim controls.
- Hold RB to sprint while walking!
- Buttons are labeled for ease of use.
- B opens inventory, A opens chests, crafting tables, etc.both with separate controls. (Left stick or D-pad moves mouse, A for left click, X for right click, Y for shift click, B exits menu and restores game control)
- Start to cancel out of the menu control scheme just in case
- D-pad left and right for quick toolbar access, up and down for quickslots 1 and 2
Feedback is welcome! Hope you enjoy!
To work out of the box, Minecraft needs to be set to the original control settings. It's not too hard to change if needed, though.
Download link :
Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:23 PM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:36 AM
Only thing that seems to be mucked up, is that the B button doesn't seem to open the inventory. Other than that, everything seems to be in order!
You know what, i totally just now realized that I had re-bound my inventory button to B instead of E, so that was totally my bad, haha. I rebound the button in Xpadder and everything is right in the world once again.
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:27 AM
I wish I could do the same for Joy2Key but it currently lacks a lot of functions that would be needed, on the same topic, XPadder also was a pain to get to work like I wanted it to... oh well...
Anyways! I'm glad someone took the time to leave a note! Thanks ! And enjoy !
Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:13 PM
please reply I would be gratefull.
Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:15 PM
Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:21 PM
Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:06 PM
- Advanced configuration compared to most posted online. (Different controls based on gameplay/menus.)
- I notice the cursor slows down a ton when a menu is open and that is extremely helpful when crafting or moving items around.
- I really enjoy having the D-Pad control my hotbar along with having the quick switch for 1 and 2.
- RB to sprint = Win.
- The controls felt too loose before I changed the values. I would not have trusted myself to walk along a 1-block wide path because the slightest movements of the left stick sometimes caused me to move further than intended, or even start sprinting. (Not really a big deal though because it was a simple fix.)
- I would prefer having jump set to "A" and having chests/furnaces/crafting table able to use the other control scheme while opening them with the left trigger. I'm honestly not sure if that is even possible within XPadder though. I still find myself habitually pressing LT when approaching those things which leaves the controls kind of messed up until I hit start.
I decided to tweak it a bit more by switching A and Y. So now in the configuration, A jumps and Y opens chests/furnaces/crafting tables.
If anyone would like this version of the configuration, as long as Doriphor is ok with it, I will gladly upload it.
Edited by TheRisenOsiris, 30 July 2012 - 08:17 PM.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:10 PM
The problem is that xpadded can't detect what exactly you activate so it needed a specific button for interface driven interactions and another one for the rest ... , and yeah I never thought about the dead zone, it worked pretty tightly for me, then again I setup my deadzones with the fully customizable drivers I installed for my controller...Which I love, here's a link to the post that led me to it, if anybody is interested :
I really hope Mojang ends up adding support for the Xbox 360 controller, it is a pleasure for any type of game, be it emulation or next gen, the only down side would be that it could use 2 extra face buttons, for arcade games, and a tighter d-pad (which has been fixed since, I believe, but I had to mod mine...).
Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:58 AM
Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:16 PM
Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 AM
Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:38 PM
I downloaded the profile in the first post and my buttons match up but when i try to play the game, none of the controls work even though if I go back and double check this still show the correct button matches. None of the buttons on the controller work even though xpadder shows the appropriate buttons and they match the MC controller page. I just understand; the controller works in windows so I know the controller is not faulty as well as working in other games.
Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:49 PM
Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:37 PM
Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:36 PM