Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Optifine clear water tweak

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

lentebriesje

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I want to change the opacity of the water, the clear water mod included in optifine was tweakable according to its old topic (http://www.minecraft...ndarounds-mods/) and i want to make the water even clearer.

Now i don't know java and the clearwater mod structure isn't straight forward clear in the optifine mod but i think it's managed in the hu.class file. But i can't make anything out of it, other than "ClearWater" and "updateWaterOpacity" as leads, i can't make much out of it.

I'd like to have completely 100% transparent water for some custom map idea i have (or atleast as clear as possible!). Can someone tweak the optifine class file to make that wish come true?

I use the 'standard' optifine version: http://adf.ly/404181...1.2.5_HD_A6.zip

Thanks in advance
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

awesomeness04

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

If you make it 100% clear, the water would be invisible...
Also, I'm pretty sure the creator or Optifine has something against editting and republishing his work, which is what we would be doing. However, we can tell you what to change without crossing this line.

lentebriesje

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

@awesomeness04
i wouldn't publish it before i could've tested if the idea is any good and the optifine publisher is OK with it.

And 100% clear, invisible is exactly what i want :)
I'm all open for a tutorial to change it myself, tell me what to do :)
Posted Image

lentebriesje

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Let me just *bump* this back to top.
Posted Image

lentebriesje

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postawesomeness04, on 10 May 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

However, we can tell you what to change without crossing this line.

Posted Image

lentebriesje

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Ah c'mon people... if im right it's only changing some number which is now 1 ~ 15 to 0 as set out in the original clear water mod.....
Posted Image

lentebriesje

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

can i just *bump this*? Sure i can!

*Bump*!
Posted Image

Fonzii
    Fonzii

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

Im not sure if this will do anything what you want, but maybe you could just make the texture for water in Terrain.png clear? then it would show water as clear. Not sure, Just an Idea
Raor. That is all.

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

View Postlentebriesje, on 09 May 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I want to change the opacity of the water, the clear water mod included in optifine was tweakable according to its old topic (http://www.minecraft...ndarounds-mods/) and i want to make the water even clearer.

Now i don't know java and the clearwater mod structure isn't straight forward clear in the optifine mod but i think it's managed in the hu.class file. But i can't make anything out of it, other than "ClearWater" and "updateWaterOpacity" as leads, i can't make much out of it.

Uh, that "old thread" listing the outdated Crystal Clear Waters mod you are referring to is NOT an old/previous OptiFine thread and/or mod.

That old thread and its mods were by a user going by the name of Roundaround.  The OptiFine mod is by sp614x.

While OptiFine may have reproduced some of the functionality that could also be seen in that other mod, that other mod had nothing to do with OptiFine and still doesn't.

:rolleyes: