5 replies to this topic

Behrooz
    Behrooz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Minecraft: Vespecci

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Me, and my buddies from the UK are playing online... So only Ryan is the host, so can we only play on this map when Ryan (who started the map) is online? What If me or my other friend want to log on and play around while ryan is offline?

-Thanks for the help! I totally didnt go past the 1st page to see if there was duplicate threads, so sorry in advance!

Register or log in to remove.

davemcnally
  • Minecraft: davemcnally

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I hate this too... I mainly purchased to start a multiplayer map with friends and have us add to it over time. Now it's not even possible to play without the host being online. Seems pretty backward to me. I really hope they change this in an update!
Admin at Gamer Capital - A new, friendly gaming community: http://gamercapital.com

Jowns
    Jowns

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I can see in the future of the 360s being able to connect to a server just like the pc's can...
So perhaps later on you can rent a server like anyone else and connect to it through the 360 with limitations of sorts...

ShitStevenSays
  • Minecraft: ShitStevenSays

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I really hope they fix this.  If I had known this I might not have bought the game right away.

GuessWho95

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

SO glad I didn't buy this. I was attempting to purchase the MSP to buy it but I kept getting errors. I thought I'd try later so I decided to look into SMP. Turns out THERE IS NO MATCHMAKING. [my exclamation button is broken along with all the number keys along with functions are also]. This was the sole reason I wanted to buy this game. No multiplayer; not buying it. You could argue that you can play with your friends but most of my friends don't even like minecraft and don't play xbox much anyway. I wanted to be able to matchmake with some friends AND other people at the same time without the retarded server plugins and hacks that the PC version has. This is ridiculous. Even Total Miner and Fortress Craft managed matchmaking/server lists. If they fix with I will buy it. Until then, looks like I'm just going to have to play on the PC with stupid server mods and hacking.....

RandisOrhlau
  • Minecraft: RandisOrhlau

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hmmm, without connecting to a server, this'll get annoying pretty quickly if you and 3 other friends want to play this over time.