38 replies to this topic

Guekama
    Guekama

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: Guekama

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

All these mods have been discontinued. Feel free to update them yourself, but please give credit where credit is due.

This is where you can find the old and the new Simple Mods. If you have questions, suggestions or ideas, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

Do you want to support my mods? Copypaste the following in your signature:
[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1214766-simple-mods/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/DwbPP.gif[/img][/url][/center]

[1.3.1]Box Mod

[1.3.1]Better Snowmen Mod

[1.2.5]Fence Fix

[1.2.5]Free Ladder Fix

[1.2.5]Enhanced Pumpkins

[1.2.5]Iron Trapdoor Mod

[1.3.1]Leaking Leaves

[1.2.5]Spikes Mod

[1.2.5]Column Mod

[1.2.5]Blooming Cacti Mod

[1.3.1]Sandstep Mod

[1.3.2]Mossy Grass Mod

[X.X.X]This mod is fully updated and ready to use!

[X.X.X]This mod is not updated at the moment but it's being worked on.

[X.X.X]This mod probably won't be updated any more by me. Feel free to do a remake if you can.

[X.X.X]This mod has been added to the vanilla version of Minecraft. Hooray for Mojang!

Posted Image

Box Mod (formerly Locked Chests Fix) [1.3.1] [ModLoader]

This mod adds a purely decorative block, the box. Only available for creative mode.

Download

Updated to Box Mod 1.0 on 14/08/2012: ModLoader support and updated for Minecraft 1.3.1

Updated to 1.1 on 11/05/2012: locked chests no longer emit light.

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer.

Posted Image

Better Snowmen Mod [1.3.1]

Posted Image

This mod removes the snow golem's pumpkin head and changes him into a real snowman!

Download

Updated to 2.0 on 14/08/2012: updated for Minecraft 1.3.1

Note: tested in multiplayer. Only works client side, so only those who have this mod installed will see the pumpkinless snowmen.

Posted Image

Fence Fix [1.2.5]

Posted Image

This mod makes your abandoned mineshafts look better! Fence posts that have a block (only blocks that fences connect to when placed next to them) on top of them will not connect to other fences or blocks. Be aware that structures made out of fences may be affected by this mod.

Currently known bugs: stacks of two or more fences or fences with solid blocks on top of them won't always connect right when other fences are placed next to them.

Download

Updated to 1.1 on 11/05/2012: fences now detect if they're next to another fence or fence gate. If so they will connect, even if there's a solid block on top of them.

Posted Image

Free Ladder Fix [1.2.5]

Posted Image

This mod makes it possible to place ladder without having a block behind them. I've also made the hitboxes larger so the ladder blocks are easier to place on top of each other.

Currently known bugs: having a block on top of a ladder block makes the game render a ladder texture on the bottom of the upper block.

Download

Updated to 1.2 on 14/05/2012: fixed getting on a ladder inside a 1 by 1 hole when a hatch is above it.

Updated to 1.1 on 13/05/2012: fixed placing ladder blocks from below bug.

Note: tested in multiplayer. Very buggy.

Posted Image

Enhanced Pumpkins [1.2.5]

Posted Image

This mod adds a faceless pumpkin that will spawn in the world instead of the faced pumpkin, a knife to carve a face in the faceless pumpkin by left clicking once and pumpkin slices that are edible like melon slices!

Currently known bugs: growing pumpkins from pumpkin seeds will still result in faced pumpkins and the knife may not be destroyed instantly when fully damaged.

Download

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. To make this mod work with your texturepack, add the icons for the knife and the pumpkin slice to the items.png in the gui folder in this way and the texture for the pie in this way.

Updated to 1.1 on 16/05/2012: added pies!

Posted Image

Iron Trapdoor Mod [1.2.5]

This simple mod adds a iron trapdoor that can only be opened by using redstone power.

Currently known bugs: the name of the iron trapdoor does not appear when hovering your cursor over it. I derped up the crafting recipe. Will be fixed soon.

Download

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. To make this mod work with your texturepack, add the texture for the iron trapdoor in this way.

Posted Image

Leaking Leaves [1.3.1]

Vanilla Minecraft now contains a feature similar to this mod. This mod slightly alters the leaves so rain will drip through multiple layers of leaves.

Download

Updated to 2.0 on 14/08/2012: updated for Minecraft 1.3.1

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. Probably works fine.

Posted Image

Spikes Mod [1.2.5]

Posted Image

This mod adds a spike block to the game! This will be essential to your best traps, as it take 5 hearts of every unlucky creature wandering into them. But you won't have to worry, you can sneak past the spikes by pressing shift!

Currently knows bugs: spikes can't be pushed by pistons.

Download

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. To make this mod work with your texturepack, add the texture for the spikes in this way.

Posted Image

Column Mod [1.2.5]

Posted Image

This mods adds a creative-only block: the column block! There are three type: the top, the middle and the bottom. The differences between them are purely aesthetic. There's no crafting recipe.

Download

Note: this mod does not work in multiplayer. To make this mod work with your texturepack, add the texture for the spikes in this way.

Posted Image

Blooming Cacti Mod [1.2.5]

Posted Image

Another practical use for cacti! When it's dark, flowers will grow on the cacti. Use your shears to harvest the suguaro fruits!Thanks to JustOneJump for making a great review!

Currently knows bugs: the cactus flowers are sometimes rendered invisible.

Download

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. To make this mod work with your texturepack, add the icons for the suguaro fruit to the items.png in the gui folder in this way and the texture for the cactus flower in this way.

Updated to 1.1 on 11/06/2012: made the cacti flowers 3D!

Posted Image

Sandstep Mod [1.3.1]

Posted Image

Never get lost in deserts again! While walking, your footprints will stay in the sand.Thanks to for making a great review!

Currently known bugs: walking on suspended sand will cause it to drop, other entities than the player will also leave footsteps, the step do not seem to disappear and gravel changes to sand when walked upon.

Download

Note: not yet tested in multiplayer. Probably doesn't work.

WARNING: when you remove this mod from Minecraft, all footstep block will be removed, leaving holes with lighting errors.

Posted Image

Mossy Grass Mod [1.3.2]

This mod enables tall grass to grow and be generated on mossy cobblestone, to make nature take over jungle ruins and other structures featuring mossy cobblestone like it couldn't do before!

Currently known bugs: using bone meal on mossy cobblestone only causes tall grass to grow on the targeted block.

Download

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

adnzl
    adnzl

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Simple things can still be great, and these are great =D especially the fences.

origamania
  • Minecraft: origamania

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Love the Snow Golems!
Posted Image

MonaChan
  • Minecraft: MonaChan

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

These are some great mods, awesome work!

Kookygremlin512
  • Location: Inside the deepest parts of your mind, watching Seinfeld
  • Minecraft: Kookygremlin246

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

why aren't any of these features in vanilla MC?!?!

QJosephP
    QJosephP

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

I downloaded this mod, but it doesn't seem to be working; the game runs, but I can't find the block in TMI. What's the block ID of the spikes? Is there a crafting recipe?
Your signature may contain: Up to 1 images,  up to 1 URLs, up to 2 lines.  
ლ(゚д゚ლ) y u no let us enjoy the privilege of unlimited signatures?

Sgt_Detritus
  • Minecraft: sgt_detritus

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

+1 to these :) I <3 these fixes!
Posted Image

Guekama
    Guekama

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostQJosephP, on 31 May 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

I downloaded this mod, but it doesn't seem to be working; the game runs, but I can't find the block in TMI. What's the block ID of the spikes? Is there a crafting recipe?

The spikes have id no. 135 and can be crafted using the following recipe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Catfish
    Catfish

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

How do you download them? Is it just the classic minecraft.jar drag and drop?
signature

Guekama
    Guekama

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Post__Peel_Out___Caa_t__fis_h, on 31 May 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

How do you download them? Is it just the classic minecraft.jar drag and drop?

To install one of my mods you drop the downloaded files in the minecraft.jar and you delete the META-INF. To make it all a bit easier I recommend using MC Patcher's add mod feature.

Posted Image

Catfish
    Catfish

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostGuekama, on 01 June 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

To install one of my mods you drop the downloaded files in the minecraft.jar and you delete the META-INF. To make it all a bit easier I recommend using MC Patcher's add mod feature.
Okay, thanks. :)
signature

SUSTIC
    SUSTIC

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: SuStIc

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Nice mods I'm going to download them right away! My favorite out all of this is the spikes as they help with the mob trap I have.
Posted Image

las2far
    las2far

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

this is the best little mods i EVER have seen!

las2far
    las2far

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

can you use these mods with each other?

Dylan4ever

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Love these little mods! How unfortunate that the Leaking Leaves MiniMod will be useless in 1.3.0.
Posted Image

Guekama
    Guekama

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Postlas2far, on 01 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

can you use these mods with each other?

Unfortunately, most of these mods can't be installed together, especially those that add new blocks. I'm wan't to make a compilation in the future but it will take some time. Until that time you'll have to choose what mod you want the most. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted Image

Catfish
    Catfish

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostGuekama, on 02 June 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Unfortunately, most of these mods can't be installed together, especially those that add new blocks. I'm wan't to make a compilation in the future but it will take some time. Until that time you'll have to choose what mod you want the most. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
You can just change the bloc IDs in the CFG file! Anyway, these mods are awesome! :D
signature

Dracyoshi
    Dracyoshi

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

You should fix the title. Add [1.2.5] and put mod names in them so more people will visit your thread. Sucks they're so unknown. :x

These mods are really awesome, thanks for creating them!

Posted Image

Texture Packs

▪  Tweaked ChocolateUnnamed WIP

bestiaryharry
  • Minecraft: bestiaryharry

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

can i do a video?

MisteriosM
  • Minecraft: MisteriosM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi, your mods are great And I was wondering if I could have a look at the source of the better Ladders mod. I tried it once and I mainly failed. It would be interesting to know how you solved it. I will not miss use it.
Pls reply THX
Posted Image
looking for an epic Adventuremap? cklick here: http://www.minecraft...ower-challenge/