• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have no minecraft.jar folder. I looked in the bin folder (appdata>roaming>.minecraft>bin) but I cant find it at all and I really want to download some mods :(
Please can someone help me!?

Register or log in to remove.

JohGoins
    JohGoins

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Minecraft: EpicFaceBlocks

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Are you sure you STARTED Minecraft ALL the way? Or try force updating.

Proud Founder of The Machi Box

LinonWater

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Re-download the minecraft.jar. Once its finished downloading the .jar, check again and see if it worked.
I created the "Talk about Minecraft" thread. Want to see it? Click the link!

Pop3464
    Pop3464

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1090 posts
  • Minecraft: Pop3464

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

It may be that your computer can't see it, And its not a folder, Its called "Minecraft.jar" Nothing more.
Posted Image

stargazer81

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

A this goes in the mod discussion section and B you probably deleted it during using mods or C you use your browser
Prototype FTW!
Posted Image

ethanthedude_boombanator

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm sure everyone here has probably told you or yelled at you for putting this in the wrong section. But this topic kind of proves my point: if you can't fix modding mistakes, don't mod at all.

UnknownOne23

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Download magiclauncher. Its what I use just because its easier. You just drag the downloaded mods into a folder, find the folder in the magic launcher, open it and, bam! Your mod works! Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out

Sockdude

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostUnknownOne23, on 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out
I don't think the Mod API will be in 1.3 unless jeb announced it or something and I missed it, but they said it would take a lot of work and I've haven't heard much at all about them being almost done or even starting the mod api yet.
Posted Image

Marioface5

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostUnknownOne23, on 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Download magiclauncher. Its what I use just because its easier. You just drag the downloaded mods into a folder, find the folder in the magic launcher, open it and, bam! Your mod works! Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out

While Magiclauncher isn't bad, I heavily recommend MultiMC instead. A lot of things won't work well with Magiclauncher without messing around a lot with repackaging things. Everything will work with MultiMC, and the hardest thing you'll ever have to really do is unzip a folder and separate the contents between the mods and resources tab if the mod has its own sounds.

UnknownOne23

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Last I heard they said it will be with 1.3, or theyre not releasing 1.3 untill its done or something. And1.3 isnt coming out for a long time...

XD I think I wanna check this MultiMC thing, ive had lots of mods i wanted that doesnt work with magiclauncher lol

Okay checked it out, its amazing! Now I can finally have all those epic mods that it kept saying -no mods found- on magiclauncher Posted Image

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postethanthedude_boombanator, on 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'm sure everyone here has probably told you or yelled at you for putting this in the wrong section. But this topic kind of proves my point: if you can't fix modding mistakes, don't mod at all.
Sorry. I thought I clicked on the mod discussion, also I only just made this account so that I can get some help for downloading mods so I don't really understand how to use it yet.. :/

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostMarioface5, on 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

While Magiclauncher isn't bad, I heavily recommend MultiMC instead. A lot of things won't work well with Magiclauncher without messing around a lot with repackaging things. Everything will work with MultiMC, and the hardest thing you'll ever have to really do is unzip a folder and separate the contents between the mods and resources tab if the mod has its own sounds.
Ok thanks I'll try MultiMc Hopefully it will work :3

mouse240

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Try turning on hidden files and folders in Control panel > folder (dunno what it is for W7)

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostMarioface5, on 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

I don't understand how you use MultiMc. What Do I do with mods that I download?

Marioface5

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostBuba_B, on 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't understand how you use MultiMc. What Do I do with mods that I download?

I'm not good at explaining things, but this video should help you out. It certainly helped me!

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostMarioface5, on 09 May 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I'm not good at explaining things, but this video should help you out. It certainly helped me!
I tried the video and it made me understand how to use MultiMc but I cant get mo' creatures to work :/ which sucks

ethanthedude_boombanator

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostBuba_B, on 09 May 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Sorry. I thought I clicked on the mod discussion, also I only just made this account so that I can get some help for downloading mods so I don't really understand how to use it yet.. :/
Dude, we all make mistakes. It's fine.

MrTris123

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

youe minecraft.jar in in your bin file in your .minecraft and its a .jar not a folder. if you dont hV

your minecraft.jar is in your .minecraft and then go into your bin (may be called minecraft) and just for the recaled its a .jar not a folder

Buba_B
    Buba_B

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostMrTris123, on 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

youe minecraft.jar in in your bin file in your .minecraft and its a .jar not a folder. if you dont hV

your minecraft.jar is in your .minecraft and then go into your bin (may be called minecraft) and just for the recaled its a .jar not a folder
nope still not there. I just don't have one. :/ tis strange?

laijka
    laijka

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2970 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

If you can play Minecraft and don't play in the browser you would have one.

Can you take a screenshot of the bin folder and post here?
"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."