Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I have no minecraft.jar folder and I want to download mods! :(


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have no minecraft.jar folder. I looked in the bin folder (appdata>roaming>.minecraft>bin) but I cant find it at all and I really want to download some mods :(
Please can someone help me!?


Register or log in to remove.

#2

JohGoins
    JohGoins

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Location: Jacksonville, FL
  • Minecraft: EpicFaceBlocks

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Are you sure you STARTED Minecraft ALL the way? Or try force updating.

Proud Founder of The Machi Box


#3

LinonWater

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Re-download the minecraft.jar. Once its finished downloading the .jar, check again and see if it worked.
I created the "Talk about Minecraft" thread. Want to see it? Click the link!

#4

Pop3464
    Pop3464

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1090 posts
  • Location: Land of Blocks and Frogs
  • Minecraft: Pop3464

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

It may be that your computer can't see it, And its not a folder, Its called "Minecraft.jar" Nothing more.
Posted Image

#5

stargazer81

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

A this goes in the mod discussion section and B you probably deleted it during using mods or C you use your browser
Prototype FTW!
Posted Image

#6

ethanthedude_boombanator

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm sure everyone here has probably told you or yelled at you for putting this in the wrong section. But this topic kind of proves my point: if you can't fix modding mistakes, don't mod at all.

#7

UnknownOne23
  • Location: On your screen?

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Download magiclauncher. Its what I use just because its easier. You just drag the downloaded mods into a folder, find the folder in the magic launcher, open it and, bam! Your mod works! Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out

#8

Sockdude

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostUnknownOne23, on 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out
I don't think the Mod API will be in 1.3 unless jeb announced it or something and I missed it, but they said it would take a lot of work and I've haven't heard much at all about them being almost done or even starting the mod api yet.
Posted Image

#9

Marioface5

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostUnknownOne23, on 08 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Download magiclauncher. Its what I use just because its easier. You just drag the downloaded mods into a folder, find the folder in the magic launcher, open it and, bam! Your mod works! Or just wait for 1.3 and the mod API to come out

While Magiclauncher isn't bad, I heavily recommend MultiMC instead. A lot of things won't work well with Magiclauncher without messing around a lot with repackaging things. Everything will work with MultiMC, and the hardest thing you'll ever have to really do is unzip a folder and separate the contents between the mods and resources tab if the mod has its own sounds.

#10

UnknownOne23
  • Location: On your screen?

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Last I heard they said it will be with 1.3, or theyre not releasing 1.3 untill its done or something. And1.3 isnt coming out for a long time...

XD I think I wanna check this MultiMC thing, ive had lots of mods i wanted that doesnt work with magiclauncher lol

Okay checked it out, its amazing! Now I can finally have all those epic mods that it kept saying -no mods found- on magiclauncher Posted Image

#11

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postethanthedude_boombanator, on 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'm sure everyone here has probably told you or yelled at you for putting this in the wrong section. But this topic kind of proves my point: if you can't fix modding mistakes, don't mod at all.
Sorry. I thought I clicked on the mod discussion, also I only just made this account so that I can get some help for downloading mods so I don't really understand how to use it yet.. :/

#12

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostMarioface5, on 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

While Magiclauncher isn't bad, I heavily recommend MultiMC instead. A lot of things won't work well with Magiclauncher without messing around a lot with repackaging things. Everything will work with MultiMC, and the hardest thing you'll ever have to really do is unzip a folder and separate the contents between the mods and resources tab if the mod has its own sounds.
Ok thanks I'll try MultiMc Hopefully it will work :3

#13

mouse240

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Try turning on hidden files and folders in Control panel > folder (dunno what it is for W7)

#14

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostMarioface5, on 08 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

While Magiclauncher isn't bad, I heavily recommend MultiMC instead. A lot of things won't work well with Magiclauncher without messing around a lot with repackaging things. Everything will work with MultiMC, and the hardest thing you'll ever have to really do is unzip a folder and separate the contents between the mods and resources tab if the mod has its own sounds.
I don't understand how you use MultiMc. What Do I do with mods that I download?

#15

Marioface5

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostBuba_B, on 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't understand how you use MultiMc. What Do I do with mods that I download?

I'm not good at explaining things, but this video should help you out. It certainly helped me!

#16

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostMarioface5, on 09 May 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I'm not good at explaining things, but this video should help you out. It certainly helped me!
Thanks :D
I tried the video and it made me understand how to use MultiMc but I cant get mo' creatures to work :/ which sucks

#17

ethanthedude_boombanator

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostBuba_B, on 09 May 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Sorry. I thought I clicked on the mod discussion, also I only just made this account so that I can get some help for downloading mods so I don't really understand how to use it yet.. :/
Dude, we all make mistakes. It's fine.

#18

MrTris123

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

youe minecraft.jar in in your bin file in your .minecraft and its a .jar not a folder. if you dont hV

your minecraft.jar is in your .minecraft and then go into your bin (may be called minecraft) and just for the recaled its a .jar not a folder

#19

Buba_B
    Buba_B

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostMrTris123, on 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

youe minecraft.jar in in your bin file in your .minecraft and its a .jar not a folder. if you dont hV

your minecraft.jar is in your .minecraft and then go into your bin (may be called minecraft) and just for the recaled its a .jar not a folder
nope still not there. I just don't have one. :/ tis strange?

#20

laijka
    laijka

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2970 posts
  • Location: Sweden

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

If you can play Minecraft and don't play in the browser you would have one.

Can you take a screenshot of the bin folder and post here?
"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."