You can hook up multiple joypads, as many as your PC can handle .Get it here: http://retro-hack.bl...reen-on-pc.html
The new version is out and it is Forge compatible! I have moved outdated info to spoiler tags.
A new developer joined the board - eastsider98052. He is responsible for this new Forge port, and git repo. Great kudos to you sir! Everyone else if free to contribute as well - head to our github repo for the full sources - https://github.com/l...SplitscreenMod
New version is compatible with Forge 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 (they are separate download). No Forge for 1.7.4, yet.Since this is a partial rewrite of the original mod, not everything is the same as before. Obviously, the mod should be now compatible with most Forge mods out there, given the same Minecraft version. Also, it features a new navigation scheme, using a virtual cursor controlled by analog stick. It allows the player to control all menus and GUI screens in game. Unfortunately, the old method - D-pad navigation - is not available in this version. It is planned for it to have a comeback in the future though, with improved compatibility.The installation method has changed. Since this is a Forge mod, it basically breaks up to these steps:
- Install Forge (if you don't already have it) - make sure the version is 1.6.4 or 1.7.2
- Download mod and put in %appdata%\.minecraft\mods folder
- Play Minecraft Joypad/Splitscreen! (enable and configure in the in game "Controls" menu)
video by stcrowe Thanks!
- Enabled the sprint button
- Improvements to movement handling precision
- Movement should now be compatible with mods that override movement, mods that do various actions with mouse clicks may still not work correctly
- 1.6.4 added drop all items by pressing drop while the "sprint" button held. For some reason does not for 1.7.2
- Sensitivity slider is a little better but still needs work
- Fixed annoying issue on xbox gamepad where it was attacking when entering the game and sometimes breaking your stuff!
- You may need to reset controls to default if things aren't working correctly
- You will likely need to readjust the sensitivity slider
Youtube videos about the general mod installation and troubleshooting are deeply appreciated.The mod is on github now, so can download the code and improve it, We accept patches and pull requests.https://github.com/l...dSplitscreenMod
eastsider98052 for finishing the Forge port, setting up the git repo, all the work he have done so far on the mod and general enthusiasm and selflessness (it's a word)
Countless youtubes who made awesome videos/let's plays/tutorials about the mod. You rock!
I'd also like to thank everyone else who contributed to the mod success, especially the selfless folks on the forums who provided others with the ton of support and information. All feedback appreciated!
Edited by freeshiny, Today, 06:30 AM.