You can hook up multiple joypads, as many as your PC can handle .Get it here: http://retro-hack.bl...reen-on-pc.html
The new version is out and it is Forge compatible! I have moved outdated info to spoiler tags.
A new developer joined the board - eastsider98052. He is responsible for this new Forge port, and git repo. Great kudos to you sir! Everyone else if free to contribute as well - head to our github repo for the full sources - https://github.com/l...SplitscreenMod
New version is compatible with Forge 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 (they are separate download). No Forge for 1.7.4, yet.Since this is a partial rewrite of the original mod, not everything is the same as before. Obviously, the mod should be now compatible with most Forge mods out there, given the same Minecraft version. Also, it features a new navigation scheme, using a virtual cursor controlled by analog stick. It allows the player to control all menus and GUI screens in game. Unfortunately, the old method - D-pad navigation - is not available in this version. It is planned for it to have a comeback in the future though, with improved compatibility.The installation method has changed. Since this is a Forge mod, it basically breaks up to these steps:
- Install Forge (if you don't already have it) - make sure the version is 1.6.4 or 1.7.2
- Download mod and put in %appdata%\.minecraft\mods folder
- Play Minecraft Joypad/Splitscreen! (enable and configure in the in game "Controls" menu)
video by stcrowe Thanks!
- Map any key to a joypad button - great for mods!
- Axis calibration menu - no more spinning in circles!
- New and improved controller button options menu
- Container scrolling up/down via buttons
- Improved sensitivity options in menu
- Allow choosing of any connected controller even if it doesn't meet input requirements
- All joypad input will go through the keyboard / mouse buffer for full compatibility with mods
- Lots of minor tweaks for a better in game experience
- Make logging verbosity an option
- Share joypad settings across all users (thanks stcrowe!)
Youtube videos about the general mod installation and troubleshooting are deeply appreciated.The mod is on github now, so can download the code and improve it, We accept patches and pull requests.https://github.com/l...dSplitscreenMod
eastsider98052 for finishing the Forge port, setting up the git repo, all the work he have done so far on the mod and general enthusiasm and selflessness (it's a word)
Countless youtubes who made awesome videos/let's plays/tutorials about the mod. You rock!
I'd also like to thank everyone else who contributed to the mod success, especially the selfless folks on the forums who provided others with the ton of support and information. All feedback appreciated!
Edited by freeshiny, 31 March 2014 - 10:14 PM.