• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] Припять! Pripyat / Chernobyl 1:1 recreation.

minecraft pripyat ukraine chernobyl ussr cccp communist radiation nuclear disaster

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Moneybawb
  • Minecraft: moneybob

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Q...gbdg.pngПрипять

Posted Image

What is it?-- This map is a 1:1 scale recreation of Pripyat, Chernobyl, and, the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. The map is still a work in progress. But I wanted to get the word out that it's in production, and should be out this month . The map is full scale, and incredibly accurate. (You can compare it to any photo album, as well as Google Earth) Each building road and anything in between has been painstakingly detailed for accurate results. There are SOME artistic liberties taken in a few spots, purely because Minecraft wouldn't allow it to look exactly as it does in real life. So here you can post ideas/requests, comment on the photos thus far, and if I can I'll have open server nights where the public can come browse the map. I'll post here when that happens, or on my Tumblr (Doshtopolis.tumblr.com)

The map now has a pre-release! It still isn't done, but you guys have been asking for it and waiting patiently so, You'll find it in the downloads tab on this page, thanks again everyone!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pictures here

Posted Image

Downloads.

Pripyat V1 Pre-Release (17/7/12)= Click here!

Posted Image

If you like the map, spread the love! Show it off in your signature!

Just copy the code under one of these images and paste it into your signature!

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1212146-wip-припять-pripyat-chernobyl-11-recreation/][img]http://i.imgur.com/BipAT.jpg[/img][/url]

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1212146-wip-припять-pripyat-chernobyl-11-recreation/][img]http://i.imgur.com/9PZDJ.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Ale_AKA_Sine
  • Minecraft: SineRequie

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Did you made the internal structure of V.I.Lenin?

I've seen the pictures. Need. this. wonderful. map.
Posted Image

Moneybawb

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostAle_AKA_Sine, on 07 May 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Did you made the internal structure of V.I.Lenin?

I've seen the pictures. Need. this. wonderful. map.

Thanks! And I haven't gotten quite that far along. But the map is moving along at a great pace, Lenina Avenue starting at 1B to the Palace of Culture on Kurchatov, then stops at the Telecommunication center, Every area between there is done, but the road starts at the "Pripyat" sign about 3-4km away due South I believe. So not a TON left to do!

Posted Image

Thecheezdood

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Will be following this, look's great so far
Posted Image

keyes528
    keyes528

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

That's amazing! Keep up the nice work! I'll download it when it's done :D

Moneybawb

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostThecheezdood, on 07 May 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Will be following this, look's great so far

View Postkeyes528, on 07 May 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

That's amazing! Keep up the nice work! I'll download it when it's done Posted Image

Thanks for the positive feed back you guys! Means alot!

Posted Image

nacho_duck

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Looks very good so far.

Posted Image

Moneybawb

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postnacho_duck, on 07 May 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Looks very good so far.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Diverskii

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Looks great, I had V1 and can't wait for this one.

Posted Image

sinantuncay
  • Minecraft: Cropy
  • Xbox:Cropy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

You sir, deserver a Medal ! IRL I really want to visit Pripyat.

Moneybawb

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostDiverskii, on 08 May 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Looks great, I had V1 and can't wait for this one.

Awesome! I think you'll find it a brilliant improvement to the older map. Since this is such a drastic change (I started the map from scratch) I'm hoping the improvements will be most noticeable!

View Postsinantuncay, on 08 May 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

You sir, deserver a Medal ! IRL I really want to visit Pripyat.

Thank you for your kindness! And I do myself, arranging a trip there requires much paperwork I'm afraid, since you can't just walk in unfortunately. Well. Good and bad in some regards. haha.

Posted Image

SubZeroS3
  • Minecraft: SubZeroS3

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Reminds me of COD4. ah good days. Now aside from that nonsense I think the map is AMAZINGLY beautiful!!! btw is that flan's mod for the cars? Anyways LOVE the map AMAZING,STUNNING,BEAUTIFUL and so gorgeous Posted Image.
BTW will it be up for download? and the texture pack? I want to be in it and stare for like an hour or so....
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image

Moneybawb

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostSubZeroS3, on 09 May 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Reminds me of COD4. ah good days. Now aside from that nonsense I think the map is AMAZINGLY beautiful!!! btw is that flan's mod for the cars? Anyways LOVE the map AMAZING,STUNNING,BEAUTIFUL and so gorgeous Posted Image.
BTW will it be up for download? and the texture pack? I want to be in it and stare for like an hour or so....

Yes indeed thats Flan's! I should probably mention that somewhere. (noted) Thank you for all the feedback I'm glad you like it! Let's see, yes, it'll be up for download and on a server as soon as it's finished, somewhere around May 25-June. I hope, As far as the texture pack in the photos it's Medieval Pack, but it's being adapted with a few others to make a specialized pack for the map itself.

Posted Image

captcabose
  • Minecraft: Captcabose

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

I cant wait until  your done, i hope youll let people download this map to play. it would be sick to play with a gun mod or paintball mod. on a server
Posted Image

Moneybawb

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

View Postcaptcabose, on 10 May 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

I cant wait until  your done, i hope youll let people download this map to play. it would be sick to play with a gun mod or paintball mod. on a server
Thanks! I've got some plans to encourage the players to add modded content (guns, cars, whatever else) then send them to me and I'll post them for others to download (with credit to the person of course) should be fun to have so many varieties of the map.

Posted Image

dempere02
  • Minecraft: dempere02

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Just posting to let you know I find this map brilliantly done and I look forward to use it on my MP server, really nice work.
Posted Image

OwnzYaFace
  • Location: The event horizon of a black hole,where time and space are so warped that people looking at me see me as standing still, while in fact the gravity is so strong it turns me into a long strand of spaghetti right before i fall into infinite nothingness.
  • Minecraft: ownzyaface

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

id hate to be like everyone else but id love to be a beta tester. if u want we can talk on skype or what not
Posted Image

Moneybawb

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Postdempere02, on 13 May 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Just posting to let you know I find this map brilliantly done and I look forward to use it on my MP server, really nice work.

By all means! The map is going very fast now, especially being a weekend and I hope to have it out very soon.

View PostOwnzYaFace, on 13 May 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

id hate to be like everyone else but id love to be a beta tester. if u want we can talk on skype or what not

I'll PM you and see about getting you on the server to look around!

Posted Image

iNTEENZOR
  • Minecraft: iNTEENZOR

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

I this being very beautiful, also with that texture pack and I think you have some shaders are very real, as at that date was the accident, It reminds me of a mission the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you're in that place and you have to kill a guy who trafficked nuclear objects.

Moneybawb

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostiNTEENZOR, on 13 May 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

I this being very beautiful, also with that texture pack and I think you have some shaders are very real, as at that date was the accident, It reminds me of a mission the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you're in that place and you have to kill a guy who trafficked nuclear objects.

Yeah I remember that mission, I get that alot haha, believe it or not. There's actually no relation I'm afraid! That was a fun mission though.

Posted Image