• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Creation] Legend of Zelda NES Map (3d, with DOWNLOAD!)

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Palstar
    Palstar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:48 AM

I've recenly been working on a Minecraft version of the Legend of Zelda (NES) overworld map.

Check out the video here:

An initial "beta" version is now available for download here: http://www.4shared.c...ldaMapBETA.html
Let me know what you think! :-)

The map's been auto generated by a map generator that I built. The generator converts every tile of the Zelda overworld into 3x3 Minecraft tiles, resulting in a 768x264(x128) map. Note that some parts are scaled differently, such as the L1 and L4 islands. At their original scale, they would make lake Hylia look more like a river than a lake!

Posted Image
(Slightly bigger image: http://i1189.photobu...ar8/Terrain.jpg)

The map currently features:

- The whole overworld.
- All caves (including hidden ones, so be ready to get your TNT out :-)

A few things I still plan on changing:

- Re-including Minecraft caves & ore deposits below the Zelda world (these are currently overwritten by the generator).
- Generating stuff such as gravel deposists (to make the ground a little bit more varied), flowers, mushrooms, etc.
- Maybe some better tree generation...

After that I'll put the map up for download, if there's enough interest :-)

Register or log in to remove.

hotplayer14

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

One word: WOW

xXCRaZySteVeXx
  • Minecraft: xXCRaZySteVeXx

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

save?
Posted Image

The answer is no. Tangerines cannot physically ride motorcycles without the help of several 24 year old gymnasts.Hope that answered your question

My favorite color is chicken

I bet Notch has DERP Eyes and is saying Trolol and waving his hands at us

Ryghul
    Ryghul

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

I would love to play on that map. Are you going to release the dungeons too?

PKSDekker

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

This is amazing, please finish this for the sheer originality of it.

Palstar
    Palstar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks guys!

I'm not yet sure about adding the dungeons, as I feel it might be difficult to make them not look too boring. Space wise it shouldn't be a problem -- I'd probably use 1 zelda tile -> 1x1 MC tile or 2x2 zelda tiles -> 3x3 MC tiles and they should be able to fit underneath the overworld (might need some long ladders at the entrances though).

Also, it would take quite a bit of extra time, so I might just leave it as it is without the dungeons. But once I put the map up for download, you're free to add them of course :-)

Cr0n0
    Cr0n0

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

i'm speechless  :iapprove:  :Logs^:  :Logs^:  :stone:  :stone:  for you sir

jack_in_the_dark

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

This really make want to make a zelda enemies pack once notch mod api is out.

Rainbow-x2

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Dayum, I was just playing this yesterday. Just chiming in to say you have my support. Or whatever.

I'm a lumberjack. I punch trees for a living.
--

"When life gives you lemons, smash them with a chicken."
~D. Carpico

nick09
    nick09

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Amazing! The dungeons would just be the icing if you were to include them. These are worth the download. I think Notch should add support for more than 5 worlds.

ManxAndrew

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Dreams turned into reality. No better game than the original zelda in my opinion.

Palstar
    Palstar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Cool!

A mod with Zelda monsters would be sweet, awesome idea jack. I guess you could then set them to spawn during the day, which would also make the world a bit more interesting at daytime (currently there's not too much combat going on during the day).

Some other small things to add that I thought of:
- Warp zones (My plan is to use nether portals, though I haven't played around with them much, so I'll see how that goes)
- Signs. Even though the original game does not have them, it might be fun to add some signs with directions here and there e.g., "Death Mountain", "Lake Hylia", etc.

budokai
    budokai

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

a few things.
a. now that i know my version works with maps...I WANT THIS EPIC MAP.  ^_^ i hope you put the download link soon <3
b. i think you should see if youcould ask for help from people who know how to make creature and human mods, such as the creators of the mo' creatures and humans+ mod, for making those zelda monsters :)
c. there should be special blocks on which bosses could appear. that would be plain win  :)

d. you need to make a small helper map which shows those who haven't beaten zelda where the different important areas are xD

CreeperDaReeper
  • Minecraft: CreeperDaReeper

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

This is freakig awsome.
Once your satisfied with this one, you should do Link To The Past for SNES next.
"Has Owned/Played/Beaten every Zelda game ever translated to english."

thenacho

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:44 AM

CreeperDaReeper said:

"Has Owned/Played/Beaten every Zelda game ever translated to english."

Zelda CDI!?
Posted Image

Palstar
    Palstar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

budokai, what do you mean by "helper map", you mean ingame?
Creeper, there was a guy who did a version of ALTTP a few weeks ago, just google for "A minecraft to the past" (or something like that).

budokai
    budokai

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

no, i meant like a picture of a 2d map posted here showing the important areas, such as where main duneons would be located, and the names of important places. like a little guide for those who have'nt played zelda much.

PhilRip
    PhilRip

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

great project!
i would love to play this one

Palstar
    Palstar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

Ah, right. I kind of like it to be an adventure though, so I probably won't include a map... I am planning on putting in a few extra signs ingame to give people directions though.
Somehow I missed your boss tiles suggestion -- I like it! That's a nice way to include the bosses, without having them walk around in the overworld as well.

budokai
    budokai

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

yeah. but all the bosses would need seperate new tiles :/ otherwise, ganon will be clustering you in the first dungeon.
also, i remember that there was some mod that used a guy called herobrine, who after beaten, never respawns again until restart. maybe you shuld look into that, seeing as that would help players urther explore the boss's area :Glass: