• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Bad Connection for my Server! Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

yanniclord
  • Minecraft: LokeYourLord
  • Xbox:LokeYourLord

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

ok so i have my own minshafter server but my frind can(t) connect. when he connects he is getting kicked in some seconds. thats because of his connection strike is on 1 of 5. also just 1 green bar. thats why he is getting kicked from my server. so how can i / he get better connection? im having a log me in hamachi server. he is connected but gets kicked when joining my server. what to do to get better connection?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

It's probably because of indirect tunneling.

Despite popular belief, you usually have to forward ports with Hamachi. Often times, people can't run a non-Hamachi server because their ISP blocks the server communication, but not Hamachi.

More than anything, Hamachi is insecure for anything more than use between you and your friends. Don't use it if you plan on making your server public.

Izraili
    Izraili

Swedish Fisherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3870 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

What kind of internet connection do you have? maybe it's not good enough to handle a server.
Do a speedtest, and post the results here.
http://speedtest.net/

Posted Image

Om nom nomin

yanniclord

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostIzraili, on 05 May 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

What kind of internet connection do you have? maybe it's not good enough to handle a server.
Do a speedtest, and post the results here.
http://speedtest.net/

Ping: 18ms
Download:12,06 Mbps
Upload:3,86 Mbps

I tried port forwarding but my router isnt listed. So if Hamachi isnt secure do u guys know any other programs then?
Posted Image

mac2937
    mac2937

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

your download and upload is a little slow what kind of router do you have?
Posted Image

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postyanniclord, on 05 May 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ping: 18ms Download:12,06 Mbps Upload:3,86 Mbps I tried port forwarding but my router isnt listed. So if Hamachi isnt secure do u guys know any other programs then?

Your internet is pretty good for a server for you and a few friends.

You also don't need your router on that list to be able to forward ports. Just go to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your default gateway is) and poke around until you find the port forwarding section. If you would go and get DD-WRT installed on your router I could give you exact instructions.

pwnernsx
    pwnernsx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

There is a website called minecrafthost.ca which gives free 14 day trials (atm, They may make the trials longer or shorter sometime) and it is pretty cheap if you want just a 5 or 10 slot server for you and your friends.

HINT: The trials arena exactly 14 days. it takes about 21 days until the VPS fully shuts down.

yanniclord

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostBeeJesus, on 05 May 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Your internet is pretty good for a server for you and a few friends.

You also don't need your router on that list to be able to forward ports. Just go to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your default gateway is) and poke around until you find the port forwarding section. If you would go and get DD-WRT installed on your router I could give you exact instructions.

ok i found the port forwarding section in my routers home page. what now? thats how it looks like:

Posted Image

View Postpwnernsx, on 05 May 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

There is a website called minecrafthost.ca which gives free 14 day trials (atm, They may make the trials longer or shorter sometime) and it is pretty cheap if you want just a 5 or 10 slot server for you and your friends.

HINT: The trials arena exactly 14 days. it takes about 21 days until the VPS fully shuts down.

View Postyanniclord, on 05 May 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

ok i found the port forwarding section in my routers home page. what now? thats how it looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

View Postyanniclord, on 05 May 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
http://postimage.org/image/7em8zqfj5/
Posted Image

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hit "Add" and then take a screenshot. If you have some bigass balls, you can just put your server's internal IP in the DMZ section. However, I don't recommend this.

Also, please edit out all of that extra stuff. It's pretty spammy.