• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to install plugins into Vanilla Server? (DON'T WANT BUKKIT!)

no bukkit vanilla server plugins

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FPSMitchell

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Okay, so, basically, I'm running a vanilla/Mineshafter minecraft server (Mineshafter doesn't adjust anything besides how the server is hosted) and I'm wondering how to install plugins. I don't want to install Bukkit, because I have had much difficulty with it in the past, and don't say that it's easy and I should try to manage it, because I don't want to, and, that isn't helping me at all. Thanks.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

tragic125
  • Minecraft: tragic125

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Without using bukkit there is no options for plugins, Vanilla Minecraft is simply minecraft nothing more, Sorry.
Just trying to help who I can.  (I will not respond to PM's unless they are referring me to a post that you have made. )
Fragworld.org - Systems Admin | External Life Minecraft - Owner | U.S. Army - Future Soldier(Jun. 19 Ship for BT)

lizardbones

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Posttragic125, on 04 May 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Without using bukkit there is no options for plugins, Vanilla Minecraft is simply minecraft nothing more, Sorry.

This is not exactly true.  You can *mod* the minecraft_server.jar with something that allows you to load plugins.  I believe the ModloaderMP mod allows for this - when it's loaded you can drop many mods into a 'mod' folder and they'll generally load.  Sometimes they don't work and sometimes they crash your server.  You'll really need to read the directions though.  Many mods require that you modify the minecraft_server.jar file manually with no option to just put the mod files in a 'mods' folder.

I would suggest getting the minecraft_server.jar running on your local machine so that you're familiar with running it from scratch (there are some posts in this forum explaining that), then reading through the Mods forum for [SMP] mods.  From there, READ THE DIRECTIONS because it's not as simple as just throwing stuff together.  ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR MINECRAFT_SERVER AND WORLDS BEFORE MAKING CHANGES.  You'll actually have to learn a little bit how Minecraft works, how Java jar files work, etc.  Once you get the hang of it though, there are some really awesome mods you can load for your SMP server.

** edit **
The reason you need to have backups is that at some point something *will* go wrong.  You'll do something with a mod that ruins your minecraft_server.jar file and you'll have to start over from scratch or one of the mods will ruin your world files or something equally horrible.  It's better to assume that it will happen and prepare for it instead of getting caught as if by surprise that it happened.

genelink
    genelink

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft: genelink

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

i think jef shude make minecraft servers be able to have plugins

Dimarogonas1

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

There are more things than bukkit i just dont want it till it goes 1.4

csj1232
    csj1232

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I have the same problem, I play on a mac and when i script the code to make the bukkit server it gives me an error thet says i cant use the extention .command if anyone can help me Please say so.