• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.3.1] GLSL Shaders (DoF, Bump Mapping, Waving Wheat, Dynamic Shadows, and More!)

• Please log in to reply
9710 replies to this topic

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

POPULAR

My work on this mod is done, but GLSL is here to stay. You can now get your GLSL fix from some of the other community members that have taken over this project:

http://www.minecraft...ed-by-karyonix/

Former post:

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

QueTheAsian

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Great work there sir.
Im on Mac and I will try this, it looks great.
Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

POPULAR

O_O

Posted Image
Stupidity on the rise with a 40% chance of shitstorms.

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

lahwran said:

ok lemme get this straight: YOU REWROTE THE RENDERER TO USE GLSL?!?!

edit: it didn't work with my autoinstaller. on further investigation of why it's not plug-and-play like most mods, I found that you included an autoinstaller of your own. also the zip is named very nondescriptively. as I type I have yet to try it because it hasn't installed yet.

Yeah, it uses GLSL now.  The installer is certainly in dire need of attention from me.  I completed the mod itself and was in a hurry to get it out.  I'll be working on it over the next few days.

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

-snip- because I was an idiot :/

Posted Image

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

lahwran said:

daxnitro said:

lahwran said:

ok lemme get this straight: YOU REWROTE THE RENDERER TO USE GLSL?!?!

edit: it didn't work with my autoinstaller. on further investigation of why it's not plug-and-play like most mods, I found that you included an autoinstaller of your own. also the zip is named very nondescriptively. as I type I have yet to try it because it hasn't installed yet.

Yeah, it uses GLSL now.  The installer is certainly in dire need of attention from me.  I completed the mod itself and was in a hurry to get it out.  I'll be working on it over the next few days.

no! no installer! it doesn't need your attention! get rid of the installer and distribute the mod itself, for god's sake!

Redistributing modified Minecraft class files isn't legal (and is specifically listed as prohibited in the "Read Before Posting" thread), and while other modders may do it, I won't.  I'll make installing this mod as painless as possible.  Just give it a little while.

azraeil
    azraeil

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Just posting up a modified shader for this great mod.  The goal of this modified shader is to make it a little more realistic by dynamically changing the DoF based on how far away your sights are aimed.

Just replace /mods/shaders/files/shaders/final.fsh with the included file prior to patching.

http://dl.dropbox.co...alistic dof.zip

Posted Image

Posted Image

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

azraeil said:

Just posting up a modified shader for this great mod.  The goal of this modified shader is to make it a little more realistic by dynamically changing the DoF based on how far away your sights are aimed.

Just replace /mods/depthOfField/files/shaders/final.fsh with the included file prior to patching.

http://www.mediafire...ht5y69f0vth3l8m

Posted Image

Posted Image

-snip- because I was an idiot.

Posted Image

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

Fixed the manifest problem.  It should now install correctly over other mods.

azraeil
    azraeil

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

lahwran said:

http://www.mediafire...ro-1.1_02v1.zip

there you go. this mod will now work. note to daxnitro: welcome to the modding community. now that you have a real version of your mod to distribute, maybe we can all be happy! on a different note, I'm only against per-mod patchers, so if we were to create a generic patcher that worked well, which your patcher appears to be close to (I had to rewrite your shell scripts completely btw), then maybe the issues with single-mod patchers can evaporate. in the meantime I plan to do what I just did to anyone who uses single-mod patchers.

Were there any problems with the shell scripts?  I did exactly as the readme suggested and ran install.sh with minecraft.jar and ran into no problems.  Btw, I'm pretty sure distributing copyrighted materials (modified class files) is illegal in every regard.  Notch said himself at http://minecraft.net/copyright.jsp that he does not approve.

The one major rule:
Do not distribute anything I've made. This includes the client and the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything I've made.
In order to maintain control of the project, I need all game downloads to come from a single central source. I hope you understand.

Either use the patcher or don't use the mod.

Dogchief_NL
  • Minecraft: Dogchief_NL

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

Uhmm... Theres no way to install this for windows?
Posted Image

HeadB0x -F1N-
  • Minecraft: HeadB0xF1N

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

*Gives so many internets and diamonds that dies. Also gives his own diamond pickaxe*
And then the message ended...

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

more -snip- because I was being an idiot.

Posted Image

LAR Games
  • Minecraft: largames

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

Windows?

-Luis

Posted Image

LAR stands for Luis Antonio Renteria.

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Working on a Windows installer right now.

HeadB0x -F1N-
  • Minecraft: HeadB0xF1N

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

daxnitro said:

Working on a Windows installer right now.
Good, because it would be a shame that mac users would only get this.

Also, working on spying this forum now.
And then the message ended...

Ilsyde
    Ilsyde

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

Looks great! I see you're using Aza's textures as well.

One question though: is the sharp area big enough? Seems to me as DoF is spread around too much. I know that it applies the effect to everything that isn't in focus... but the sharp areas might need be bigger or maybe the mod should only blur the distant blocks and leave everything else alone - regardless of where the player focuses his view?

Thanks! Bear in mind, I didn't have the chance to try and see your mod in action (Win7 here).

topic bookmarked

daxnitro

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Ilsyde said:

Looks great! I see you're using Aza's textures as well.

One question though: is the sharp area big enough? Seems to me as DoF is spread around too much. I know that it applies the effect to everything that isn't in focus... but the sharp areas might need be bigger or maybe the mod should only blur the distant blocks and leave everything else alone - regardless of where the player focuses his view?

Thanks! Bear in mind, I didn't have the chance to try and see your mod in action (Win7 here).

topic bookmarked

This is all done in the GLSL shaders which are just text files that are easily interchangeable.  I'll be distributing the mod with several different DoF implementations, so users can decide on what they like.  I found that leaving the DoF the same regardless of the player's focus is just unpleasant, but others may disagree.

MrMessiah

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Wow. Major kudos on this.

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

-snip- because I was really an idiot.

Posted Image