What is this?
This program is an exterior editing program for the books in Minecraft. It was made for signed books, but unsigned will work, too. It can also convert back and forth between the two versions, signed and unsigned. It also allows for more options while editing books. The two key options are title formatting and author changing. However, it also can edit many other aspects of the book item. Note, this is not a finished version, but it is stable enough for release and has all the key features. Only tweaks are likely to be implemented, but I'll add anything that the community suggests as long as it's a good idea. Also, please reload the book each time you save your Minecraft world, otherwise some item duplication may occur.
Here's a really good piece of software I found the other day by raeleus. It's called Multiplayer Book Paster and you can find it here. It basically allows you to paste entire books into Minecraft without having access to the server files. It makes Minecraft books much more user-friendly.
*Just click the "Skip" button in the top right for the download.
*This will be a .zip with an auto-updating version(.jnlp) and a stand-alone(.jar)
*Open either by double clicking
- Edit signed and unsigned books
- Convert between the two
- Change and format the title
- Change the author
- Edit page contents
- Write more than 50 pages
- More than 256 characters per page
- More than 13 lines per page
- Easy, smart pasting
- Edit something previously typed without backspacing to it
- Export books to other worlds
- Save books as text files
- Share your books with the world
- Download the world's books
- Paste books straight to any server at all in the client
- Page Re-Arrangement*
- Insert Page Button*
- Preview Pane rendered exactly like Minecraft*
- Custom Fonts
- Shortcuts for Formatting
- Formatting actually showing and not just §5 or whatever*
- Undo Button
- Different Fonts supported by Minecraft
- Spell Check
- Load books from chests, not just player inventories
- Remembering last folder saved to/loaded from*
- Support for é, è, à, ², ç, °, ù, £, ¤, µ
- Community Suggestions
*Scheduled for the next updateKnown Bugs:
- Some books edited by this program stay in the inventory indefinitely, creating an infinite copy, but it seems very rare. I, myself, have not been able to recreate it.
- Some characters are not recognized, ex. é, è, à, ², ç, °, ù, £, ¤, µ