• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Superflat Biomes?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a good idea? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Super flat biomes. Yay or nay?

1. Yay! :D (13 votes [72.22%])

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. Nay! D: (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. I have improvements, and shall post them below! :S (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Hamsterofgrunge

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

So, I'm flying around in creative mode on my super flat maps, and I think to myself: "I want to build this (insert project here) in a forest, but I suck at making a forest."

This made me think that perhaps we could have biomes in super flat mode!  No hills or anything (of course) but deserts and forests and things like that.  An ocean biome could really just be a one block deep area of water.  

Also, what about strongholds being built above the ground in super flat as well?

Any other ideas?

Is this a crap idea?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DOTxTRI
    DOTxTRI

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1838 posts
  • Minecraft: Carniplex

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

That would suck. Because there's already a flatland biome and there's also a Superflat map type.
They added super because of how low the level is <_<
Posted Image

LIKE MY POST IF I HELPED YOU OUT :D

UltraRasengan
  • Minecraft: TheLittleBrother

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

^ i agree.
Posted Image
It's not a spam!

Hamsterofgrunge

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostDOTxTRI, on 02 May 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

That would suck. Because there's already a flatland biome and there's also a Superflat map type.
They added super because of how low the level is Posted Image

I was thinking that it would add a little more spice to the super flat map.  I made a giant pyramid on super flat, but it feels out of place since it's not in a desert.  I still like working in super flat, but just a little more variety would be nice.  It could be a separate option, like "Super flat with biomes"
Posted Image

Metholus
    Metholus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostHamsterofgrunge, on 02 May 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

I was thinking that it would add a little more spice to the super flat map.  I made a giant pyramid on super flat, but it feels out of place since it's not in a desert.  I still like working in super flat, but just a little more variety would be nice.  It could be a separate option, like "Super flat with biomes"

Agee, a new generating option. Or,, I suggest making two super flat variants.
One, dafult, but with a cange, you can pick different supper flat options. like grassland supperflat (the normal one), dessert supperflat, (do I need to explain myselt? ) and with the mysterius desserd wells. Taiga, snow and wolwes. djungle, ocelots and djungle trees. etc..

Two. super flat with biomes.
That is the normal map generated, but superflat and on the low level. containing all variants of biomes.

Whats the answer to this question?

jzagro
    jzagro

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: Apolonir13

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I actually agree some really flat biome , it should have a nice barrier with other biomes so it doesn't look MC-edited.

ShadowKreach
  • Minecraft: ShadowKreach

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ok, here's what I think.

There should be 3 world options, Default, Flat and Superflat.

Default is a normal world, nothing changed.

Flat is what was suggested here, it has all the Biomes (Except maybe Extreme Hills), Trees and things like Pumpkins lying around, but there's no 'Noise' (So the ground level doesn't undulate).

Superflat is as it is now.

I think it'd be nice to strike a balance between Default and Superflat.
HELP WANTED FOR NETHER MOD: If you are adept at coding complex Mob animations and behaviour, complex blocks and sounds, please send me a PM for details.

Hamsterofgrunge

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostMetholus, on 02 May 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Agee, a new generating option. Or,, I suggest making two super flat variants.
One, dafult, but with a cange, you can pick different supper flat options. like grassland supperflat (the normal one), dessert supperflat, (do I need to explain myselt? ) and with the mysterius desserd wells. Taiga, snow and wolwes. djungle, ocelots and djungle trees. etc..

Two. super flat with biomes.
That is the normal map generated, but superflat and on the low level. containing all variants of biomes.

View PostShadowKreach, on 02 May 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Ok, here's what I think.

There should be 3 world options, Default, Flat and Superflat.

Default is a normal world, nothing changed.

Flat is what was suggested here, it has all the Biomes (Except maybe Extreme Hills), Trees and things like Pumpkins lying around, but there's no 'Noise' (So the ground level doesn't undulate).

Superflat is as it is now.

I think it'd be nice to strike a balance between Default and Superflat.

Thank you so much.  You two put it much better than I could.  This is exactly what I was thinking!  Can anyone see any problems with this idea?
Posted Image

wagoseal
    wagoseal

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Minecraft: wagoseal

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

or maybe we could have a super-flat biome on normal worlds (I'm serious)
like the ground would sort of dip down and there would be something like a valley.
Posted Image[Click]
Check me out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/wagoseal

mattvision09
  • Minecraft: mattvision09

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

I made something similar to what was suggested here, the only problem being that they can only be one biome. It would be nice if they could generate naturally like that though.

http://www.minecraft...ps-with-biomes/