• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Extra Biomes XL and World Painter

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

wtfblake

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Wolrd Painter Is an excelent program that lets you create maps.

http://www.minecraft...__fromsearch__1

Extra Biomes XL is an excelent Mod that adds biomes trees and blocks to your map.

http://www.minecraft...1#entry14524090

Can someone figure out how to use Extra Biomes XL in world painter? with the ablility to paint The Mod Biomes on the map. Add the custome Trees, And Use the custom blocks?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Iscamania

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, World Painter is great. But I don't think you could edit the extra biomes with World Painter, because the support has to be programmed and I strongly doubt it that the program does...

LinonWater

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

World Painter doesn't support ExtraBiomesXL.
I created the "Talk about Minecraft" thread. Want to see it? Click the link!

aquartistjames
  • Minecraft: aquartistjames

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

You could contact the creators of the mods about possibly adding support though.
Posted Image

Kleb9599
    Kleb9599

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: Kubbaj

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

Could you post some screenshots of each biome please? it sounds really cool but I WANT PROOF!! :)

MultiAssassin120

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sounds really cool but really no screenshots of every boime.
i got to this site from a recomendation from a freind.

TheLordofNyrin

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

It would be amazing if they added support for these two execllent mods to colaborate with each other *sigh* one can only hope.

knight088
  • Minecraft: ancient088

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

I have no idea how to delete a message so this is the edited message. Sorry for my stupidity.

jpaccer
    jpaccer

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Minecraft: Fenderzilla

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

you should get someone to make a custom paintbrush for each biome. as for trees, I would just use the custom block tool, set the block ID to the sapling's, and use SPC "/grow".
"You cannot play god and then wash your hands of the things you have created." - Commander Adama, Battlestar Galactica

wtfblake

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

this could work. not to worried about it tho anymore. my map released.. but id still love to see someone have some sucess with this.
Posted Image

jpaccer
    jpaccer

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Minecraft: Fenderzilla

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think i could actually do this. for real. I'll get right to it.
"You cannot play god and then wash your hands of the things you have created." - Commander Adama, Battlestar Galactica

Strobenophe

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

So has any progress been made with making worldpainter work with the extrabiomesxl or even Biomes o' plenty maybe?

I would be incredibly happy if someone was able to merge biomes o' plenty with worldpainter, you could make such epic worlds with all the awesome biomes in that mod. The bamboo forest is so cute.

Fjolvar
    Fjolvar

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Minecraft: FjolvartheLucky
  • Xbox:?

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

There is a good solution to this problem.

One thing: you will not have any of the blocks or trees from extrabiomes but it will still look cool, trust me.

Okay, what you want to do is download schematics of trees. There are many ways to find tree schems on sites such as planetminecraft. Go into your worldpainter until you can get custom stuff on your brush. Click the add extra layer and it will pull up a little box that you can add your schems to and use them in a brush.

And there you have it some very nice forests with many different looking trees.

It's not perfect but, it's a good stand in.
Posted Image
Dokucraft Fantasy by Prophecy_Wrecker http://www.minecraft...0#entry22202253
This pack is a conglomeration of many textures by the Dokucraft community compiled and edited by Prophecy_Wrecker. The pack has a dark, fantasy feel to it and it comes with its own soundpack!

creeper_8888
  • Minecraft: SunflowerGlen

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

i love cheery blossen tree on EBXL <3
Posted Image

natepotvin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Being that the modding community in Minecraft is so large would it be possible for anyone in which is relatively experienced with code create a plug-in for World Painter that would allow support for mods such as Biomes O' Plenty and Extra Biomes XL.