Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't find coal.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

007Nick700
  • Minecraft: 007Nick700

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

This is probably a retarded question but I'm on a map with no hills or whatsoever and I can't find any coal, at all. I've been mining for about an hour I think under my house in the dark. Whenever I exit to get new resources for pics or something like that my mine is full of zombies... Any help?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Reevesdrums

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

maybe just mine near the surface to keep light in so you can see what your doing

is it a naturally generated world?

007Nick700
  • Minecraft: 007Nick700

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Yes, it is.
Posted Image

blafbello
  • Location: Irritating steve and lagging the game with my eggs.
  • Minecraft: blafbello123

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

You should try strip-mining. Or try to mine straight down. When digging straight down, you don't have to place torches, because you have daylight right above you. And if that all doesn't work, you can try to make a new world. I recently made a new world, with "pot-weed" as seed (I haven't discovered this seed, someone else on this forum did). There's a huge mountain, with a lot of coal veins. And there are sugar canes/reeds, and cacti! This is probably te best seed, so delete your old world, and start a new world with this seed!
Posted Image
Proud to be a M.C.P.E.U member :D

El_Visitor
  • Minecraft: El_Visitor

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Dig deeper!!  lol

no, I've had the same problem so I'm having to make big ugly quarries to keep the light and build temporary huts when night falls. Might just have to start new world.

FreakyBG
  • Minecraft: FreakyBG

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I've got the same problem.

Coltari
    Coltari

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Minecraft: Coltari

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I was having this issue and had a major open air quarry which wasn't yielding any results.

in the end I started mining below my base clearing rooms about 6 x 6 directly below each other with glass blocks in the floor to keep the daylight coming through.

About 4 levels down I hit a coal vein and have been fine since Posted Image
Posted Image

PANCAKE_Inc

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

A good way to get ores, is digging a 1x1 hole, all the way down to bedrock. You'll still get sunlight in, since there isnt anything to block it away, and since there are so many coal veins in the world, and they are so big, you will come across it 90% of the times you do it (just a rough estimate, since i always get coal from it, but there are of course places without coal.
Posted Image
I like pancakes :P

CriminalIntent
  • Minecraft: Yaow

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

I started a new world after havin this same issue. "coal?" as a seed , drops you with coal right behind you
all good.

liammmorgan
  • Minecraft: liammmorgan

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, me too. But Criminal's idea is true. Use it!

Posted Image

Click it or it will die D;