• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Alpun
    Alpun

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hello, I just discovered one of my world saves from early beta. I would like to play on this world again, but when I try to play it it doesn't even show up on the list of worlds. Do I need a converter to convert it up to 1.2? I tried playing it in the build that that world was made in, and it works, but not on 1.2. HELP!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Isaac_x
    Isaac_x

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesDR

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Make sure you make a back-up of the save before you do anything.

Then put it in your saves folder, boot up Minecraft and double click the world save (Or single click, then hit "Play selected world"). A screen should appear saying "Converting world from ---- to anvil" after that, it should be playable.

If you ever inherit a large sum of money (A few thousand) and you inherit it when you're mentally immature, put it into your bank account and leave it there until you grow, trust me on this one.

Alpun
    Alpun

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostIsaac_x, on 28 April 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Make sure you make a back-up of the save before you do anything.

Then put it in your saves folder, boot up Minecraft and double click the world save (Or single click, then hit "Play selected world"). A screen should appear saying "Converting world from ---- to anvil" after that, it should be playable.
That won't work, it doesn't even come up as an option to select that world..

Posted Image

Cr4ft3r
    Cr4ft3r

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

You must run it on beta 1.3-release 1.1 and then it will convert it to mcregion format,then load that savefile up in 1.2 and it will convert it to Anvil Posted Image
if that savefile is from beta 1.3 i cant help you :/
use mcnostalgia to downgrade if u dont have old jars :)

• Minecraft: AvatarAcid

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Depending on how complex and robust your world is, you could possibly just open it with mcedit and export a schematic file.  Then open a new world with mcedit and paste it in.
Posted Image

Swagbot
    Swagbot

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wrong thread?
Anyways, if it was from early Beta, I doubt it will work, my saves from Alpha won't work.
:/

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Follow Cr4ft3r's instructions.
That world is in a pre-mcregion format.  You need to convert it to mcregion with a version of MC older than 1.2, then you can run it in 1.2 which will convert it to Anvil.

Isaac_x
    Isaac_x

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesDR

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Try going into MCEdit, highlighting it all and then exporting as a schematic, I have a tutorial here:

If you ever inherit a large sum of money (A few thousand) and you inherit it when you're mentally immature, put it into your bank account and leave it there until you grow, trust me on this one.