Latest News Article

Major server help needed, how do i make myself admin on my server on 1.2.5

minecraft server 1.2.5 make myself admin

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

IpwnUall1111

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hi guys and girls.
Please read through the whole text and don't go to a different page.
I need help on my 1.2.5 bukkit server, I want to be an admin but I can't, right now I'm an op but I need to be admin, because soon I want my server to become public. I know I'm an op because I have too many items so when I try spawn an item this message come's up:
"I'm sorry, but you do not have permission to perform this comand. Please contact the server administrators if you believe this is in error."
So if someone could give me a hand it would be most apreciated.

Register or log in to remove.

Su_KE
    Su_KE

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostIpwnUall1111, on 25 April 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Hi guys and girls.
Please read through the whole text and don't go to a different page.
I need help on my 1.2.5 bukkit server, I want to be an admin but I can't, right now I'm an op but I need to be admin, because soon I want my server to become public. I know I'm an op because I have too many items so when I try spawn an item this message come's up:
"I'm sorry, but you do not have permission to perform this comand. Please contact the server administrators if you believe this is in error."
So if someone could give me a hand it would be most apreciated.

You need to provide more information. Such as the permissions manager you are using. Any server CPs and such.

Dr Danco
  • Minecraft: Dr_Danco

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostSu_KE, on 25 April 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

You need to provide more information. Such as the permissions manager you are using. Any server CPs and such.

Find your permissions.yml and add a - '*' node to whichever group your apart of, this will give you all permissions.
Posted Image

Aiko_Chan
    Aiko_Chan

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 284 posts
  • Minecraft: chocobaka
  • Xbox:AgLDemise

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

/op <yourminecraftnamehere> 
Done you have all the commands

Posted Image

Click Me for an Amazing and Active Anime Forum

IpwnUall1111

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostDr Danco, on 25 April 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Find your permissions.yml and add a - '*' node to whichever group your apart of, this will give you all permissions.

View PostSu_KE, on 25 April 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

well I'm not actually using any plugins so mabey you can suggest a good plugin that will give me admins, ops and addible groups

Su_KE
    Su_KE

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

If you are using none there are numerous permission plugins available for SMP use such as PermisionEX, SuperPerms, BukkitPermissions and so on so forth

You can find them on bukkitdev/plugins Heres a starter link

http://dev.bukkit.or...arch=permission

Stronghold1317
  • Minecraft: STRONGHOLD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostIpwnUall1111, on 26 April 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

well I'm not actually using any plugins so mabey you can suggest a good plugin that will give me admins, ops and addible groups
A good plugin to use is Group Manager. Once you have that make a group Called Owner Or if you are not owner make one named "Admin" and under the pernissions of Owner Put jsut a * and that will give you access to ALL commands. you can also put an minus sign infront of a command that you dont want them to have. Ex. Owner:
Permissions: *
-World Edit*
or something similar to that that.

After you have done that go to your console and type in "manuadd <Username> <Group>" without the Quotation marks

IpwnUall1111

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostStronghold1317, on 26 April 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

A good plugin to use is Group Manager. Once you have that make a group Called Owner Or if you are not owner make one named "Admin" and under the pernissions of Owner Put jsut a * and that will give you access to ALL commands. you can also put an minus sign infront of a command that you dont want them to have. Ex. Owner:
-World Edit*

After you have done that go to your console and type in "manuadd <Username> <Group>" without the Quotation marks

Do you think you could give me a link to it that would be helpful. thanx :)

IpwnUall1111

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

-World Edit*

thanks for trying to help but i need to know what file i must make the group in and were in the file, and i tried it by making myself admin but it didn't work either so mabey im doing it wrong

Hunter
    Hunter

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1769 posts
  • Minecraft: hunterman12345
  • Xbox:flashbang007

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

If you dont have access to spawn items in TMI then you are not op.
TMI is a client mod and will show up while in multi player.
While in multi player, TMI becomes the shortcut to the /give <item> command. If you don't have access to the "give" command, op yourself.
i wouldn't recommend making your server public, because you seem to be new to server running and griefers like to take advantage of newbies.
Good Luck.
Posted Image

Want a Quality Minecraft Server? Check out DemonVPS Minecraft Host!

IpwnUall1111

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Posthunterman12345, on 27 April 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

If you dont have access to spawn items in TMI then you are not op.
TMI is a client mod and will show up while in multi player.
While in multi player, TMI becomes the shortcut to the /give <item> command. If you don't have access to the "give" command, op yourself.
i wouldn't recommend making your server public, because you seem to be new to server running and griefers like to take advantage of newbies.
Good Luck.

Yes, thank you, I'm not actually going to make my server publis until I test it.

Hunter
    Hunter

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1769 posts
  • Minecraft: hunterman12345
  • Xbox:flashbang007

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostIpwnUall1111, on 27 April 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Yes, thank you, I'm not actually going to make my server publis until I test it.

Thats great to see new people trying new things, such as Server Hosting. Hope all goes well for you
Posted Image

Want a Quality Minecraft Server? Check out DemonVPS Minecraft Host!

IpwnUall1111

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

-World Edit*

I got it working now thanks for all the help :)

JeremoSinc

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

you just go in to ops.txt and put your usernamePosted ImagePosted Image