12 replies to this topic

travja
    travja

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

I have recently been trying to clean my minecraft.jar of all my mods junk, when I select to force update it gives this error:
Fatal Error Occured (4): s3.amazonaws.com
I don't know what the crap the problem is but it has been happening for at least 4 days now! I just want to clean my minecraft.jar

PS: I have deleted my .minecraft file, my bin file, my minecraft.jar, have tried installing a new launcher from minecraft.net(get the same s3.amazonaws.com error), and have also tried using the in-browser version

Thanks in advance everyone!
I have a server, but I'm not telling the IP :)

Register or log in to remove.

travja
    travja

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

ok... just did a force update and it did the whole thing..... I have no clue what the problem is!

travja
    travja

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

ok, and it's back! This is REALLY annoying!

Dudeblox
    Dudeblox

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Dudeblox2
  • Xbox:Dudeblox

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

The same thing has been happening to me too and its pissing me off and it started after I put a modpack! can anyone help?
[url="http://www.minecraft...nd-more-forge/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/OrV7U.png[/img][/url]

travja
    travja

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostDudeblox, on 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

The same thing has been happening to me too and its pissing me off and it started after I put a modpack! can anyone help?

Just out of curiosity what mod were you installing? I was trying to install BuildCraft but I haven't been trying to do this till today so the past 3 days I have no clue. Also it's kinda stupid because I went through all this crap to find that BuildCraft crashed my minecraft... Anyway, what I ended up doing was backing up my world saves and then deleting my .minecraft file. I then ran minecraft and it updated fine, few more fails at downloading the mod and tried again, it didn't work so I waited 15 mins and it did. I don't know if this will work for you but thats what I have.

Resix25_MachineHead

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

hey I made a curse account just to say that I have had the same problem as of an hour ago and have been feverishly working over this for the entire time, and I wanted to say that also you probably won't be able to get on s3amazon.com... just like me. hope this helps someone figure out what is going on here.

yiohe
    yiohe

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

So , i made an account only to help , if one has the answer why keep it to himself? : )

Just right click the minecraft icon (or icons if have "auto update" icon) go to properties /compatibility and set it in "compatibility with windows xp sp3" and thats it.

Hope it works

Webgecko
    Webgecko

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postyiohe, on 27 June 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Just right click the minecraft icon (or icons if have "auto update" icon) go to properties /compatibility and set it in "compatibility with windows xp sp3" and thats it.

Hope it works

I tried this, and It didn't work. I have a windows 7 laptop, and I believe I have zombie mod pack installed.  Any Ideas?

Thx, WEBGECKO OUT!!!!!! :D

Webgecko
    Webgecko

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Oh, I figured it out! I backed up my stats, worlds, and screenshots, deleted my whole .minecraft file, and re-downloaded minecraft.

AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

murtadha
    murtadha

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostWebgecko, on 11 August 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Oh, I figured it out! I backed up my stats, worlds, and screenshots, deleted my whole .minecraft file, and re-downloaded minecraft.

AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

that didn't work for me i still have the same prob

murtadha
    murtadha

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

ok if any one else still have this prob i just solved it by updating my Java to 7

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Any error involving s3.amazonaws.com usually means the server host for MC is acting up. Unforutnately problems with them can go on for weeks, or just suddenly work out of nowhere.  

I would recommend keeping a backup copy of the unmodded /bin folder so you can roll back on demand.  If your modding, you should already be doing this.

explodindragon

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image

re-download your minecraft.jar and that will fix it