• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MTX1996
    MTX1996

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I want to edit one of my worlds, but I cannot use MCEdit since the program doesn't know how to handle the new Anvil format.  I have used Google, yes, but I have found nothing yet... someone mind helping me out here?  :(
Posted Image
"If we were to play SkyBlock in hardcore, Trevor would die in the first 5 minutes!  We would live until we die of old age!" ~rball99

Register or log in to remove.

nostalgicleaf

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I am currently using mcedit to modify a 1.2.5 generated anvil world with much success. What exactly are you having trouble with?

Update:

I realized how snob-ish my post sounded. 'Oooo, it works for me! Y u no work?'

I am running mcedit 0.1.1-32bit on amd64, 8Gb of ram, hd6870 on WIn7 Ultimate 64bit. Apparently there are known issues with the PyGL bindings mcedit uses for python 2.7 on certain Intel chips (like the crappy ones) and it sounds like they won't be fixed or updated any time soon. Head over to the mcedit thread and either go to the github links on the first page to download the same copy I am using, or head to the last page in the thread and look for the link to Zap's 64bit build (if you have 64bit OS and CPU).

If you are using Intel integrated graphics, I don't know what to say. You can pick up an HD6450 for $40?

Edited by nostalgicleaf, 25 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

View Postpunchin, on 10 July 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
Posted Image

scaryjam823
  • Minecraft: scaryjam823

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postnostalgicleaf, on 24 April 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

I am currently using mcedit to modify a 1.2.5 generated anvil world with much success. What exactly are you having trouble with?

Update:

I realized how snob-ish my post sounded. 'Oooo, it works for me! Y u no work?'

I am running mcedit 0.1.1-32bit on amd64, 8Gb of ram, hd6870 on WIn7 Ultimate 64bit. Apparently there are known issues with the PyGL bindings mcedit uses for python 2.7 on certain Intel chips (like the crappy ones) and it sounds like they won't be fixed or updated any time soon. Head over to the mcedit thread and either go to the github links on the first page to download the same copy I am using, or head to the last page in the thread and look for the link to Zap's 64bit build (if you have 64bit OS and CPU).

If you are using Intel integrated graphics, I don't know what to say. You can pick up an HD6450 for $40?

I know this is a very old post. But I just wanted to thank you. I had chunk errors that made my world unplayable for the past 2 months. Thanks to your post I found a proper mcedit that worked on 1.2.5, I deleted the chunks and I now can play on my world again. Thank you so much.

nostalgicleaf

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

View Postscaryjam823, on 23 June 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I know this is a very old post. But I just wanted to thank you. I had chunk errors that made my world unplayable for the past 2 months. Thanks to your post I found a proper mcedit that worked on 1.2.5, I deleted the chunks and I now can play on my world again. Thank you so much.

Sweet! I lost a lot of great early worlds during alpha to chunk errors. I'm glad you didn't lose yours.

View Postpunchin, on 10 July 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
Posted Image

Baxstar11
  • Minecraft: Jacob19999

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I like to use MCEdit with SinglePlayerCommands. I think that's the most simple world editor, and I use it for all of my maps.
Posted Image
A proud Indev Veteran :D

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4845 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

If you're editing a world, i'm going to guess MCedit. I always do stuff with MoreCreative, though, which is probably worse than MCedit.

If you're creating an entirely new landscape, however, you should use Worldpainter. It's absolutely amazing for world creation. It's possible to make things in it that the world generator could only dream of.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč